Environmentalist Wackos Out to Destroy Maine's Lobster Industry

Now we can stock up on some cheap Maine lobster
It was $2.50 a lb lobster when we first moved here(2006) at the lobster shacks on the coast, last year it was $9 a lb lobster early season and $7.50 lb at the end of summer.... It's quite high for here! Especially when it takes two that small to feed you or at least a 1 1/2 lb single lobster....

When we first moved to new England back in 1996, at a restaurant in Massachusetts near the place the Company was putting us up at, every Friday night they had a Double Lobster special that was $9.99 which included two 1 lb lobsters, a baked potato, corn on the cob and salad and bread and drawn butter....!!! Wow! We thought we had moved to heaven!

A single lobster with all of the sides in Florida Restaurants at the time was around $25 when we left to move up here! :eek:

This is terribly unfair! Maine Lobstermen, more than any others in New England have always been the nature protecting bunch, with their own tougher regulations than other states on lobsterman! We haven't killed a Right Whale! This should get reversed!

Last edited:
Just means other stores will get their supplies and sell MORE lobster to bolster THIER sales.
AND at a cheaper price for the mean time, because the fishing companies will have to get rid of their on-hand stock as fast as possible for the next couple of months in order to keep from losing a ton of money over this.

So, if you eat lobster, I'd buy a dozen and stickem in the freezer!!!

I tried lobster once. It was pretty good.

I tried it again a few years later, it was disgusting.

Don't know why, as restaurants all buy lobsters from the same fishing companies.

Anyway, never had it again. I prefer shrimp anyway.

It was always too rich for me. Yes, I also like shrimp better.

I guess they can always just grind up the lobsters and transform them into fish sticks- which I understand are very popular with the homosexual fish community.

It was $2.50 a lb lobster when we first moved here(2006) at the lobster shacks on the coast, last year it was $9 a lb lobster early season and $7.50 lb at the end of summer.... It's quite high for here! Especially when it takes two that small to feed you or at least a 1 1/2 lb single lobster....

When we first moved to new England back in 1996, at a restaurant in Massachusetts near the place the Company was putting us up at, every Friday night they had a Double Lobster special that was $9.99 which included two 1 lb lobsters, a baked potato, corn on the cob and salad and bread and drawn butter....!!! Wow! We thought we had moved to heaven!

A single lobster with all of the sides in Florida Restaurants at the time was around $25 when we left to move up here! :eek:

This is terribly unfair! Maine Lobstermen, more than any others in New England have always been the nature protecting bunch, with their own tougher regulations than other states on lobsterman! We haven't killed a Right Whale! This should get reversed!
The inflation was from Trump printing 5 times more money than ever existed. That's 500% more than all presidents combined.

Due to long term contracts & consumers hibernating from covid, it takes 1 to 3 years for inflation to fully impact prices on main street.

Farm & Home Rents don't increase until the new contract is signed. Automobile payments don't increase until you need a new vehicle. When these prices finally impact workers, they demand pay increases. This is why inflation lags years behind Trump's spending explosion of money supply.

If Whole foods don't want to sell Main lobster, it's a win for sales at their competitors. It should lower relative prices for Main lobster consumers until Whole foods come to their senses.

There used to be a restaurant on Boylston St in Boston with a lobster tank like one of those claw game machines. You put in four quarters and would try to catch whichever lobster in the tank you wanted. If you got it, the kitchen would cook it up for free during 'happy hour.'

Have you drunk recycled sewage water?
They tried to get a recycling plant here during an eleven year drought; had tastings and all. The sight of our Civic leaders all drinking recycled sewage water was quite amusing. The images in my mind were "justice at last". Of course there is no reason not to; it is said to taste just like water and is actually "cleaner" than what we drink now, but the yuk factor won. Also the "wot if" factor; could contaminate an entire water supply if something went wrong.

....and yes; rain is just recycled water.

1669665381135.png

And of course I have no hesitation in drinking from a mountain stream...even though frogs, bugs, fish and the odd animal have probably pissed, crapped and died in it.

Greg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back