Saving the world again. Illegal to release balloons in the air.

Whoever came up with this has got too dang much time on their hands.........creating laws about a few balloons going up in the air............Perhaps they need a new occupation if they are bored...............Not in charge of laws for the people.

It's stupidity in motion...............and nothing more.

PORTLAND, Maine — The tradition of releasing balloons at weddings, birthdays and memorials may soon get deflated by lawmakers in more than half a dozen states.

Critics say the helium-filled balloons pollute the environment, and threaten birds and other wildlife when they fall to earth.

“People don’t really realize that it’s littering. That’s why we want to bring attention to this,” said state Rep. Lydia Blume, who’s supporting a balloon bill in Maine. “It’s a common sense thing.”

Nationwide, there’s a growing awareness of the problem, and it has energized legislation in state governments. Bills to limit the intentional release of large numbers of balloons are being aired in legislatures in Arizona, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York and Rhode Island, in addition to Maine, said Jennifer Schultz of the National Conference of State Legislatures.

Lawmakers in several states consider making balloon releases illegal

I guess they're not going to stop until they ruin everybody's fun. I can hear the talk in jail now:

What are you here for?
Attempted armed robbery. How about you?
Felonious assault. How about you at the end of the bench. What are you here for?
Releasing helium balloons in the air.

When all you legislatures have to do is contemplate goofy laws like this, it's time to elect other people.
Littering...those balloons land somewhere....unless if you are willing to tra k them and clean them.

You're going to find ten times more garbage on any given highway in the US. Balloons are not that big of a deal.
Its not a litter issue. Its an animal welfare issue.

Whoever came up with this has got too dang much time on their hands.........creating laws about a few balloons going up in the air............Perhaps they need a new occupation if they are bored...............Not in charge of laws for the people.

It's stupidity in motion...............and nothing more.

And what I would like to know is how do they plan on enforcing this law if it passes? They may be able to stop public events, but if a couple is getting married and lets go of some balloons, are the cops going to be there to arrest them?

PORTLAND, Maine — The tradition of releasing balloons at weddings, birthdays and memorials may soon get deflated by lawmakers in more than half a dozen states.

Critics say the helium-filled balloons pollute the environment, and threaten birds and other wildlife when they fall to earth.

“People don’t really realize that it’s littering. That’s why we want to bring attention to this,” said state Rep. Lydia Blume, who’s supporting a balloon bill in Maine. “It’s a common sense thing.”

Nationwide, there’s a growing awareness of the problem, and it has energized legislation in state governments. Bills to limit the intentional release of large numbers of balloons are being aired in legislatures in Arizona, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York and Rhode Island, in addition to Maine, said Jennifer Schultz of the National Conference of State Legislatures.

I guess they're not going to stop until they ruin everybody's fun. I can hear the talk in jail now:

What are you here for?
Felonious assault. How about you at the end of the bench. What are you here for?

When all you legislatures have to do is contemplate goofy laws like this, it's time to elect other people.
Littering...those balloons land somewhere....unless if you are willing to tra k them and clean them.

You're going to find ten times more garbage on any given highway in the US. Balloons are not that big of a deal.

its both,,,

What are you here for?

According to the article it's about the environment. Do humans realize that animals eat each other all the time? That they fight with each other sometimes to the death; especially during mating season?

Issa said it was a litter issue, ray is saying it isn't, but since this is really just a political issue and not an animal issue for you I doubt you will feel the need to correct issa on that point.
I think we can all do without a few balloons in order to save the turtles/. Why is that a political issue ?

Issa said it was a litter issue, ray is saying it isn't, but since this is really just a political issue and not an animal issue for you I doubt you will feel the need to correct issa on that point.
I think we can all do without a few balloons in order to save the turtles/. Why is that a political issue ?

Because it's not about turtles, birds, or the environment. It's about promoting a leftist political agenda and using legislative power to do so.

If people want to send balloons in the air, some stupid law isn't going to stop them. Nor will it help animals or the environment.

Is is really any different than any other anti-littering law?

if someone came up and dropped 50 popped balloons in your yard would you be happy about it?
Lol
I’m going to buy a whole bunch of balloons and write golfing gator on them and release them in your honor....

8080500892_a24c223a2d_k.jpg
:CryingCow:

What are you here for?

They're just seeing how far they can push us.

Because it's not about turtles, birds, or the environment. It's about promoting a leftist political agenda and using legislative power to do so.

If people want to send balloons in the air, some stupid law isn't going to stop them. Nor will it help animals or the environment.
Its a common sense and humane agenda so I guess you are correct, conservatives would have huge issues with it.

What are you here for?

Or maybe they're trying to gauge how stupid their voters are.

Is is really any different than any other anti-littering law?

if someone came up and dropped 50 popped balloons in your yard would you be happy about it?

Oh please. I clean up burnt fireworks off my grass after every 4th of July. I have to in order to mow the damn thing. Let's see, when was the last time I had to clean up balloons off my lawn??? Hmmmm. NEVER!

I've never had to clean up used heroin needles off my lawn, but it's still pollution to throw used heroin needles on the ground.

Is there a point behind your reply, because if so, I'm not following it. I never had to clean up neither.

are you against laws that make it illegal to throw used heroin needles on the ground?
Lol
Balloons, heroin needles very similar....

Its a common sense and humane agenda so I guess you are correct, conservatives would have huge issues with it.

Yes we do, because we don't believe government should wake up with us in the morning to serve our breakfast and be back at night to tuck us into bed. Leftists believe that's what government is for.

What are you here for?

Save_a_Whale_Rectangle_Magnet_300x300.jpg

What are you here for?

So far they're pretty fucking stupid.

What are you here for?

51958481_962779017258681_4270373510104219648_n.jpg

What are you here for?

Either they're really stupid or they believe their cities or states are doing so well they have nothing better to work on but balloons. I swear sometimes I think they're trying to drive their citizens out of their areas to somewhere else.

NYC Considering Banning HOT DOGS And Other Processed Meats Over Climate Change

Forum List

Back