Saudi Arabia buying up farmland in US Southwest

It's illegal to sell land in the United States to a foreign entity, not that that matters to this administration. That's completely ignorant. One does not sell ones Homeland. This article also includes the United States growing & selling crops outside of the U. S., that's totally different from a foreign Country owning our land.

I don't know about it being illegal,
but they should be importing our American goods, not buying America.
There's a ban in place that is supposed to stop such a thing. Having said that, I also heard that the Government was trying to lift it, so apparently I have my answer. Is this all part of the plan for Islamization of the world? I mean what better way to shut down a fight for your "home" than to find that you don't own it, but the enemy does. No reason to fight, does no good to win.

So there is a ban from companies who own farmland in the US from selling it to outside companies??

There was until you elected a neo Marxist muslim as POTUS, then he sold the family silver to pay for his welfare reforms.
th

.......and it seems they are using recycled fracking water for some of those farm lands.
Did the sellers of those farms make money?
is California being paid for the water used?
are taxes being paid on the product that is grown and shipped?
are they using harmful fertilizers or dried and process sewage fertilizer that is not harmful for the water runoff?
are they somehow polluting the environment with their farming practices? Or do the plants produce clear oxygen?

Saudi has one of the largest solar desalination plants in the world, but that is not enough for farming. California is also investing in solar desalinization and might end up with several to meet their water needs. There is a push against plastic water bottles, not just recycling them but they want to eventually ban them.

Who is being harmed by this arrangement? California? Tax payers? The seller of the arid land? Neighbors? Shipping docks or industry?

Do growers not have other nations to sell their alfalfa to that need it? Was Saudi the only country they could sell to?

Forum List

Back