Satisfaction with country higher than any point during Obama presidency: Poll

It matters not how many times they’re raised when the point is, like every other economic indicator, it’s a trend which started under Obama and was passed on to Trump. And it was raised twice under Obam. You’re such a lying con tool, you even lie about that.

Your reading comprehension is laughable. Yes interest rates were raised twice during Obama's eight years in office but the second one was raised was AFTER Trump was elected. That's the Fed anticipating good things from an incoming President because of his proposed policies. Of course it "matters" how many times the Fed raises interest rates! It's one of the most reliable indicators of the health of the economy. The "trend" under Obama was a rate raise on average of one every four years...the "trend" under Trump is one every four months! Only the truly clueless about economics would claim that "matters not"!
LOLOLOL

Imbecile, from the first hike, well before Trump was elected, it was already anticipated there were be more hikes...

"This is really just the beginning of the return to normalcy," said Peter Conti-Brown, a legal studies expert and financial historian at the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. "There are years ahead of us where the Fed has to make decisions to put interest rates back at their historical norms."

Fed hikes interest rates for first time in a decade

Don't have a response to the glaring disparity between rate increases under Obama versus Trump...do you, Faun!

Your title to that site sums it all up..."Fed hikes interest rates for the first time in a decade".

2 interest rate increases in eight years under Obama...an increase every four months since Trump was elected...show me which liberal economist predicted THAT was going to happen!
What increases? Here’s employment growth... show me where it grew at a faster rate under Trump than under Obama...?

latest_numbers_CES0000000001_2010_2018_all_period_M05_data.gif
Employment growth did go up from 2010, Faun but that wasn't because of any Obama policy...it was because the GOP had taken over Congress and had put a stop to the nonsense Barry was proposing to do! Fracking advances that led to an oil and natural gas boom fueled a large part of the employment growth throughout the middle part of Obama's two terms...something that happened despite Obama's coming out against it.

I'm amused by your graph, by the way! Why did you start it in 2010 when Obama took office earlier than that? Didn't want to show how the midterms kept us from the downward track that Barry had us on prior to that?

I'm also amused by your attempt to change the subject from Fed interest rates to employment rates. Can't blame you though...you were getting your butt handed to you in THAT debate!
Lying con tool... the GOP didn’t take control of the Congress until 2015. And they didn’t take control of the House until 2011. The job market growth we see today began in 2010, while Democrats controlled the Congress and the Executive branch.

And I’m switching nothing. I’m posting examples of how the trends we see now all began under Obama. Whether it be interest rates or job growth or just about any economic indicator.

Your reading comprehension is laughable. Yes interest rates were raised twice during Obama's eight years in office but the second one was raised was AFTER Trump was elected. That's the Fed anticipating good things from an incoming President because of his proposed policies. Of course it "matters" how many times the Fed raises interest rates! It's one of the most reliable indicators of the health of the economy. The "trend" under Obama was a rate raise on average of one every four years...the "trend" under Trump is one every four months! Only the truly clueless about economics would claim that "matters not"!
LOLOLOL

Imbecile, from the first hike, well before Trump was elected, it was already anticipated there were be more hikes...

"This is really just the beginning of the return to normalcy," said Peter Conti-Brown, a legal studies expert and financial historian at the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. "There are years ahead of us where the Fed has to make decisions to put interest rates back at their historical norms."

Don't have a response to the glaring disparity between rate increases under Obama versus Trump...do you, Faun!

Your title to that site sums it all up..."Fed hikes interest rates for the first time in a decade".

2 interest rate increases in eight years under Obama...an increase every four months since Trump was elected...show me which liberal economist predicted THAT was going to happen!
What increases? Here’s employment growth... show me where it grew at a faster rate under Trump than under Obama...?

Employment growth did go up from 2010, Faun but that wasn't because of any Obama policy...it was because the GOP had taken over Congress and had put a stop to the nonsense Barry was proposing to do! Fracking advances that led to an oil and natural gas boom fueled a large part of the employment growth throughout the middle part of Obama's two terms...something that happened despite Obama's coming out against it.

I'm amused by your graph, by the way! Why did you start it in 2010 when Obama took office earlier than that? Didn't want to show how the midterms kept us from the downward track that Barry had us on prior to that?

I'm also amused by your attempt to change the subject from Fed interest rates to employment rates. Can't blame you though...you were getting your butt handed to you in THAT debate!
Lying con tool... the GOP didn’t take control of the Congress until 2015. And they didn’t take control of the House until 2011. The job market growth we see today began in 2010, while Democrats controlled the Congress and the Executive branch.

And I’m switching nothing. I’m posting examples of how the trends we see now all began under Obama. Whether it be interest rates or job growth or just about any economic indicator.

I don't know what's more amusing, Faun...that you seem to think the Democrats didn't lose control of Congress in 2010...or that some OTHER idiot agreed with you!

United States House of Representatives elections, 2010 - Wikipedia

Fess up...who's the bone head that gave Faun a "Thank You" for one of the dumber posts on the board?

LOLOLOL

I don't know what's more amusing, Faun...that you seem to think the Democrats didn't lose control of Congress in 2010...or that some OTHER idiot agreed with you!

Moron, didn’t anyone ever inform you...? there are two chambers in Congress. To ”take over” Congress would have required the GOP to take control of both chambers; which they didn’t do until 2015.

And again, the economy started getting better in 2010... before the GOP took control of either chamber of Congress.

Do you ever stop lying, ya lyin’ con tool?

Ever???

Moron, didn’t anyone ever inform you...? there are two chambers in Congress. To ”take over” Congress would have required the GOP to take control of both chambers; which they didn’t do until 2015.

And again, the economy started getting better in 2010... before the GOP took control of either chamber of Congress.

Ever???

The economy started getting better the moment that the Private Sector no longer had to worry about the Progressive Triplets (Harry, Barry and Nancy) passing some more legislation to make it harder for them to do business (like the Cap & Trade that was being touted as the next part of their agenda!) That moment took place during the mid term elections in 2010. For the rest of that year the Democrats were lame ducks and the GOP stalled everything they could...something they COULD do because of the Scott Brown election to fill Ted Kennedy's seat in the Senate! You don't need to have super majorities to stop bad legislation...and the GOP got that when Scott Brown was elected. From that point on Barry couldn't shove things down the throats of the opposition like he had previously. THAT was the turning point for the economy! Then it was just a question of how much damage Obama could do with Executive Orders as he ignored the will of the people!

Ever???

The economy started getting better the moment that the Private Sector no longer had to worry about the Progressive Triplets (Harry, Barry and Nancy) passing some more legislation to make it harder for them to do business (like the Cap & Trade that was being touted as the next part of their agenda!) That moment took place during the mid term elections in 2010. For the rest of that year the Democrats were lame ducks and the GOP stalled everything they could...something they COULD do because of the Scott Brown election to fill Ted Kennedy's seat in the Senate! You don't need to have super majorities to stop bad legislation...and the GOP got that when Scott Brown was elected. From that point on Barry couldn't shove things down the throats of the opposition like he had previously. THAT was the turning point for the economy! Then it was just a question of how much damage Obama could do with Executive Orders as he ignored the will of the people!
You’re lying as usual, starting in February, 2010, the economy began the start of what would become the longest streak of consecutive monthly job growth ever recorded in the U.S. with a staggering 99 months...

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

... that streak began almost a year before the GOP took control of the House and almost 5 years before the GOP took control of the Congress. Sadly for a lying con tool such as yourself, there is no credit to be had for the GOP who, when in charge of the Congress and the Executive branch, created the worst economic recession in generations.

Ever???

You’re lying as usual, starting in February, 2010, the economy began the start of what would become the longest streak of consecutive monthly job growth ever recorded in the U.S. with a staggering 99 months...

... that streak began almost a year before the GOP took control of the House and almost 5 years before the GOP took control of the Congress. Sadly for a lying con tool such as yourself, there is no credit to be had for the GOP who, when in charge of the Congress and the Executive branch, created the worst economic recession in generations.
"Staggering" is a good descriptive term for the Obama economy, Faun! It staggered for most of the eight years that he was in office as he tried to figure out how to create jobs.
You progressives keep trotting out that "consecutive job growth" statistic trying to make Barry's record on the economy look better, Faun and it's laughable! Yes, he oversaw the longest streak of consecutive monthly job growth ever recorded in the US but all of those months saw only small job gains. It's why he's responsible with overseeing the worst recovery from a recession since The Great Depression!

The fact is...his use of TARP money to bail out GM resulted in the American taxpayers taking a bath for billions of dollars on that deal. When Bush used TARP to prop up the banks we got paid back everything we loaned them PLUS INTEREST!

The Obama Stimulus spent nearly a trillion dollars and created so few jobs they had to hide how bad it was behind the laughable statistic "Jobs Created or Saved".

Claiming that Barry had any clue what he was doing with the economy is an amusing idea. It was such a cluster fuck that his two main economic advisers, Larry Summers and Christina Romer both abandoned ship and ran back to their tenured professor's positions at Harvard and Berkeley. Once they were gone Obama didn't even TRY and fix the economy! He just gave it lip service and hoped a low Fed interest rate would prop up the stock market until he was gone.

Last edited:

Ever???

"Staggering" is a good descriptive term for the Obama economy, Faun! It staggered for most of the eight years that he was in office as he tried to figure out how to create jobs.
You progressives keep trotting out that "consecutive job growth" statistic trying to make Barry's record on the economy look better, Faun and it's laughable! Yes, he oversaw the longest streak of consecutive monthly job growth ever recorded in the US but all of those months saw only small job gains. It's why he's responsible with overseeing the worst recovery from a recession since The Great Depression!
LOL

Spits the imbecile who actually called my post “dumb”, where I [accurately] said the GOP took control of the House in 2011 — while the real dumbass here [inaccurately] said the GOP took control of the Congress in 2010. :badgrin:

Regardless of what a lying con like you thinks, the private sector began its unprecedented 99 month long streak of job growth in the private sector almost a year before the GOP took control of the House. Democrats get the credit, not Republicans. Although I will give Republicans credit for not fucking it up after they took control.

Ever???

LOL

Spits the imbecile who actually called my post “dumb”, where I [accurately] said the GOP took control of the House in 2011 — while the real dumbass here [inaccurately] said the GOP took control of the Congress in 2010. :badgrin:

Regardless of what a lying con like you thinks, the private sector began its unprecedented 99 month long streak of job growth in the private sector almost a year before the GOP took control of the House. Democrats get the credit, not Republicans. Although I will give Republicans credit for not fucking it up after they took control.

Of course you can provide the Obama economic policies that created those jobs...right, Faun?

I mean...you're not the kind of person that would come here and claim something and have nothing to back it up with...right?

The fact is...his use of TARP money to bail out GM resulted in the American taxpayers taking a bath for billions of dollars on that deal. When Bush used TARP to prop up the banks we got paid back everything we loaned them PLUS INTEREST!

The Obama Stimulus spent nearly a trillion dollars and created so few jobs they had to hide how bad it was behind the laughable statistic "Jobs Created or Saved".

Claiming that Barry had any clue what he was doing with the economy is an amusing idea. It was such a cluster fuck that his two main economic advisers, Larry Summers and Christina Romer both abandoned ship and ran back to their tenured professor's positions at Harvard and Berkeley. Once they were gone Obama didn't even TRY and fix the economy! He just gave it lip service and hoped a low Fed interest rate would prop up the stock market until he was gone.
You’re lying again, ya lyin’ con tool. Obama did not spend nearly a trillion dollars.

Do you ever stop lying?

Ever???

Obama’s stimulus spent about half of a trillion dollars, not “nearly a trillion dollars,” as you falsely claimed. And like TARP, some of that was in the form of loans. The remainder came in the form of tax benefits.

Did Obama's Stimulus Plan Work?

Ever???

LOL

Of course you can provide the Obama economic policies that created those jobs...right, Faun?
Already gave you that list.

It's interesting that the three States that had the highest levels of job growth during the Obama Administration all voted for Donald Trump in this last election! Why? Because THEY understood that the jobs that were created were created despite Barack Obama...not because of him!

LOL

Already gave you that list.

LOL...SURE you did!

Mehh. The public's satisfaction is only Obama's policies coming to fruition.

Some people actually believe that, you know. :lmao:
/——/ No, they are George Bush’s policies coming to fruition. Thank you President Bush.

Forum List

Back