SAT scores don't prove jack squat!

Yes, people can increase their SAT scores by studying and Khan Academy is an excellent tool for doing that. Who would have thunk?

But genetic intelligence means you don't have to practice. According to you racists, whites are born smarter.
The purpose of the SAT is to measure a high school student's readiness for college, and provide colleges with one common data point that can be used to compare all applicants.
What is the SAT? | The Princeton Review

Measuring "genetic intelligence" is not the purpose of the SAT.

Scanning the comments:

1) Spellchecker is ruining people's ability to spell correctly.

2) I did not prep for the SAT, but I did for the grad school exams and my scores did go up by about 10% between the first tests without the prep and the last tests with the prep. It doesn't make you smarter really. It helps you in being able to understand what they are looking for as far as the right answer in questions that have multiple possible right answers and they want the "best" answer and trickier stuff like that.

3) I have no idea why this is in the race sub.

Scanning the comments:

2) I did not prep for the SAT, but I did for the grad school exams and my scores did go up by about 10% between the first tests without the prep and the last tests with the prep. It doesn't make you smarter really. It helps you in being able to understand what they are looking for as far as the right answer in questions that have multiple possible right answers and they want the "best" answer and trickier stuff like that.

Because whites here use SAT scores to claim anti-white discrimination and how blacks get special treatment.

Yes, people can increase their SAT scores by studying and Khan Academy is an excellent tool for doing that. Who would have thunk?

But genetic intelligence means you don't have to practice. According to you racists, whites are born smarter.
The purpose of the SAT is to measure a high school student's readiness for college, and provide colleges with one common data point that can be used to compare all applicants.

Well that's not what you racists have been saying and if you are practicing for the test every day then an accurate measurement of the students ability is not measured. For example does the SAT measure how a student will react to being away from the structure they lived in while at home?

Well that's not what you racists have been saying and if you are practicing for the test every day then an accurate measurement of the students ability is not measured. For example does the SAT measure how a student will react to being away from the structure they lived in while at home?
:yapyapyapf: <-----IM2 calling people Racist.

Scanning the comments:

Because whites here use SAT scores to claim anti-white discrimination and how blacks get special treatment.

Meh some blacks probably do get "special treatment" in that there is a bit of a culture of lowered expectations for them academically. To me that is a different kind of injustice, but it is not really my row to hoe. A leave open the possibility that the way academics are structured just underserves some minorities as opposed to them being somehow less. A girl in high school I knew was going to a historically black college on a full academic scholarship with significantly lower SAT scores and GPA than mine which at least felt hinky to me, but hey, she was getting a free ride so it wasn't like I could blame her for taking it. The urban legend at least was that if you were white, you could attend that college on a minority scholarship but I don't know of anyone to actually do it. NC Central's reputation was not particularly good at the time. No idea where they are today.

Scanning the comments:

3) Because EVERYTHING is racist and a white supremacist society. :113:

Actually, you are right. SAT/ACT scores slightly predict performance in your FIRST YEAR of college. That's about it.

But it is still important because it helps you get into college.

I'm other words, IM2 failed miserably at the S.A.T test, therefore the test must be racist.

Heaven forbid anybody point out that he is the reason he is a complete failure and not some imaginary racist system out to get him.

I'm other words, IM2 failed miserably at the S.A.T test, therefore the test must be racist.

Heaven forbid anybody point out that he is the reason he is a complete failure and not some imaginary racist system out to get him.

Since I took the ACT and scored in the top ten percentile...

I can guarantee I've done better than you. And that's with having to knock down hurdles racists like you tried putting before me. You could have never done it. Because whites like are crying about an affirmative action that doesn't exist because you can't be given everything. Hard work has never been a white tradition. That's why your ancestors bought slaves to work the free land the government gave them.

Headrights, read about em junior. You do know how to read don't you?

You're right. The difference in black and white SAT/ACT test scores may very well be due to the fact they can be prepped for. We should probably look at a more objective test, such as IQ tests, that can't be studied for, to test intelligence and see if there are any disparities there.

Not when you can practice taking the test everyday .

20 hours of practice on Khan Academy is associated with an average 115-point score increase from the PSAT/NMSQT to the SAT, nearly double the average gain without Khan

Khan Academy

sat test prep courses - MyDeal.io

Free Official SAT and ACT Practice Tests | PowerScore

SAT Practice Test Questions – Prep for the SAT Test

Free SAT Practice Test Scoring Tool by StudyPoint

Khan Academy is SOLID education. If you put in the effort to learn, you do better.

whites are born smarter

Some whites are born smarter than some blacks, some blacks are born smarter than some whites. I have yet to see a study that relates actual cognitive ability to race.

All standardized tests rely on accumulated knowledge or skills that can be developed through practice (which doesn't make perfect, but makes better).

That being said, until an unbiased way of determining actual cognitive ability exists (and there are lots of reasons why we wouldn't want it to exist) it seems that an universally accepted standardized test of academic achievement is as fair a way as any to obtain university placement.

This will be born out in Every Test including the 86% Correlated SAT:

IQ
NE Asians - 106
White/Euro - 100
USA 'Black' -- 85 (Avg 75B/25W mix due to slavery)
sub-Saharan - 70

Not only born out in All testing, in but in Life and USA/Other country/Continental outcomes worldwide.

That is Why Japan/China/S Korea are highly organized societies, and sub-Sahara is an Ungovernable rabble.

`
`

Last edited:
This will be born out in Every Test including the 86% Correlated SAT:

IQ
NE Asians - 106
White/Euro - 100
USA 'Black' - 85
sub-Saharan - 70

Not only born out in All testing, in but in Life and USA/Other country/Continental outcomes worldwide.
This is Why Japan/China/S Korea are highly organized societies, and sub-Sahara is an Ungovernable rabble.
`
`

IQ and SAT tests both rely on accumulated knowledge or learned skills. They are culturally and economically subjective.

IQ and SAT tests both rely on accumulated knowledge or learned skills. They are culturally and economically subjective.
Wrong, You Attention Whoring Asshole.
IQ doesn't depend on any accumulated knowledge and some tests are completely visual or simpler yet.
IQ researchers are quite bright enough to realize cultural Bias.

Stick to [intentional] Comedy you stupid TROLL.

EDIT:
Note 100% WHIFF on subject matter below.

`

Wrong, You Attention Whoring Asshole.
IQ doesn't depend on any accumulated knowledge and some tests are completely visual or simpler yet.
IQ researchers are quite bright enough to realize cultural Bias.

Stick to [intentional] Comedy you stupid TROLL.
`

Components of most standardized IQ tests include

• Verbal Intelligence.
  • Mathematical Ability.
  • Spatial Reasoning Skills.
  • Visual/Perceptual Skills.
  • Classification Skills.
  • Logical Reasoning Skills.
  • Pattern Recognition Skills.
Some depend on skills accumulated in education, others on skills that can be demonstrably improved through practice.
It is not a measure of actual cognitive potential.

Since I took the ACT and scored in the top ten percentile...

I can guarantee I've done better than you. And that's with having to knock down hurdles racists like you tried putting before me. You could have never done it. Because whites like are crying about an affirmative action that doesn't exist because you can't be given everything. Hard work has never been a white tradition. That's why your ancestors bought slaves to work the free land the government gave them.

Headrights, read about em junior. You do know how to read don't you?
If you were actually any sort of success in life, your every single posting would not involve such childish whining for a racial pity party.

Forum List

Back