SAT scores don't prove jack squat!

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
back when i was a wee spark in school they just started w/SAT testing.....as well as computerized accounting of the answer sheets. The thing was, one could draw lines across the answer sheet, which would gag in the archaic computers a 1/2 century ago.....

one of the many reasons i majored in detention hall.....
b9197adc90b17dd98c55683db4650e80c0164fdf.jpg

~S~

Not when you can practice taking the test everyday .

20 hours of practice on Khan Academy is associated with an average 115-point score increase from the PSAT/NMSQT to the SAT, nearly double the average gain without Khan

Khan Academy

sat test prep courses - MyDeal.io

Free Official SAT and ACT Practice Tests | PowerScore

SAT Practice Test Questions – Prep for the SAT Test

Free SAT Practice Test Scoring Tool by StudyPoint

1. link to support your claim that practicing the test leads to significant increases in score.

2. So, why don't all those traditionally disadvantaged yoots full of brains and dreams, practice to get into college, where they can not handle the material and fail out? Mmmm, you might be on to something.

OK, if you can't discuss the topic go on elsewhere.

What they prove, is who can conform to the standards of the system, and who cannot.

Yes, people can increase their SAT scores by studying and Khan Academy is an excellent tool for doing that. Who would have thunk?

IM2, you giant dummy why do you post such drivel? Standardized testing is what most schools use to weed out the lazy and stupid. Is it right? Probably not but it is the system.

IM2, you giant dummy why do you post such drivel? Standardized testing is what most schools use to weed out the lazy and stupid. Is it right? Probably not but it is the system.

If the system is wrong you're stupid to defend it. If you take the practice SAT 50 times then you get a high score it doesn't prove anything but that you memorized the test questions. I took the ACT and scored in the top ten percentile without practice. So what I said is the truth. You countered with drivel.

But that's SOP for conservatives here.

What they prove, is who can conform to the standards of the system, and who cannot.

No they don't since they are now optional in many colleges and is just 1 factor when a college considers who they admit.

Yes, people can increase their SAT scores by studying and Khan Academy is an excellent tool for doing that. Who would have thunk?

But genetic intelligence means you don't have to practice. According to you racists, whites are born smarter.

If the system is wrong you're stupid to defend it. If you take the practice SAT 50 times then you get a high score it doesn't prove anything but that you memorized the test questions. I took the ACT and scored in the top ten percentile without practice. So what I said is the truth. You countered with drivel.

Cool story...

I really can not believe you were in the top ten percent of anything in life.

Why?

Simple, the many times you misspell something, your grammar and the fact you can not admit you did not know where Richmond, Texas was at tell me you never made the top ten percent.

Now before some wonderful poster rags on my spelling and grammar, well I am not claiming I am smarter than a fifth grader like the Op'er.

Also you believe Blacks should be consider first for everything no matter their work ethics or scores...

Cool story...

Don't hate the payer cuz he's better than you.

Cool story...

Don't hate the payer cuz he's better than you.
Careful. Your percentile is showing...

Right and wrong is subjective. You’re really dumb. Honestly. Just an idiot

If you take the practice SAT 50 times then you get a high score it doesn't prove anything but that you memorized the test questions.

Wait ... you're saying that if you practise something you might become good at it? Have you shared this theory with anyone else? You may be on to something.

hqdefault.jpg

Forum List

Back