Sarah Palin: 'i Owe America A Global Apology'

Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin said she owes America a "global apology" for the 2008 GOP presidential ticket's loss to President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden.

During an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity, Palin spoke about Obama's long-term strategy for defeating the Islamic State -- a militant group formerly known as ISIS or ISIL -- that he laid out in a speech Wednesday night.

"As I watched the speech last night, Sean, the thought going through my mind is, 'I owe America a global apology. Because John McCain, through all of this, John McCain should be our president,'" Palin said.

More: Sarah Palin: 'I Owe America A Global Apology'

I get the willies just thinking about a President McCain and a Vice President Sarah Palin.
I've never seen an Indian with the willies...

You think that you're slamming her, but you're not. I knew someone in this thread would take a swing at the easy lob, but your effort fails.

That higher-than-fundamental thinking that you seem to value employs mostly sophistry intended to convey symbolic imagery and it's divorced from empiricism, from recognizing the world as it actually exists.

Watch this Bill Maher interview with Charlie Rose. Rose embodies the "more than fundamental" intelligence you champion, notice his cringe-inducing remark that he is a "devotee of science." Barf. Notice his remark at the 2:40 mark, Maher states "I'm sure you know these things" and Rose responds "I do" and so reveals himself to be a liar. His more sophisticated thinking, that he was pushing in the interview is revealed to be false and he knows it.

What's the point of being a sophisticated thinker if the reality that you live within is a lie divorced from how the real world operates? All you have here is an exercise of intelligence for the simply reason of wanting to construct fantasy world of thin gossamer for the intellectual pleasure of doing so. Smart people love concocting complicated mind puzzles. Political correctness is just such a complicated mind puzzle. Look at all of the distortions that you have to concoct and keep straight in your mind when you adopt a liberal world view, when you claim that Islam is a religion of peace. All the evidence must be ignored and the fiction must be advanced.

Meanwhile, Governor Palin observes:

On Conservatism:

You can call me a common-sense conservative. My approach to the issues facing my country and the world, issues that we’ll discuss today, are rooted in this common-sense conservatism… Common sense conservatism deals with the reality of the world as it is. Complicated and beautiful, tragic and hopeful, we believe in the rights and the responsibilities and the inherent dignity of the individual.

We don’t believe that human nature is perfectible; we’re suspicious of government efforts to fix problems because often what it’s trying to fix is human nature, and that is impossible. It is what it is. But that doesn’t mean that we’re resigned to, well, any negative destiny. Not at all. I believe in striving for the ideal, but in realistic confines of human nature…

On Liberalism:

The opposite of a common-sense conservative is a liberalism that holds that there is no human problem that government can’t fix if only the right people are put in charge. Unfortunately, history and common sense are not on its side. We don’t trust utopian promises; we deal with human nature as it is.

On what caused the financial crisis:

While we might be in the wilderness, conservatives need to defend the free market system and explain what really caused last year’s collapse. According to one version of the story, America’s economic woes were caused by a lack of government intervention and regulation and therefore the only way to fix the problem, because, of course, every problem can be fixed by a politician, is for more bureaucracy to impose itself further, deeper, forcing itself deeper into the private sector.

I think that’s simply wrong. We got into this mess because of government interference in the first place. The mortgage crisis that led to the collapse of the financial market, it was rooted in a good-natured, but wrongheaded, desire to increase home ownership among those who couldn’t yet afford to own a home. In so many cases, politicians on the right and the left, they wanted to take credit for an increase in home ownership among those with lower incomes. But the rules of the marketplace are not adaptable to the mere whims of politicians.

Lack of government wasn’t the problem. Government policies were the problem. The marketplace didn’t fail. It became exactly as common sense would expect it to. The government ordered the loosening of lending standards. The Federal Reserve kept interest rates low. The government forced lending institutions to give loans to people who, as I say, couldn’t afford them. Speculators spotted new investment vehicles, jumped on board and rating agencies underestimated risks.
Give me someone who understands the world at the fundamental level of REALITY over a sophisticated thinker who spins a fantastic world based on lies and distortions. Most politicians fit the latter mold. Look where that has gotten us.

Excellent! More on commonsense and pseudo-sophisticated rot:

Seven Hard Truths Liberals Just Don’t Want To Hear
http://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2014/03/31/seven-hard-truths-liberals-just-dont-want-to-hear-n1816087/page/full

. . . Hard Truth Number 1: If you are a liberal who really believes that your liberal heroes actually believe in liberalism, you are a sucker and a fool. Maybe even foolish enough to let your daughter take a drive with one across a bridge.

. . . Hard Truth Number 2 concerns the minimum wage and the delusion that labor should be valued not between those who provide it and those who pay for it, but by you based upon your own subjective notion of “fairness.” The hard truth is that you are worth precisely what an employer will pay for you, and nothing more.

. . . Here’s Hard Truth Number 3: If you need government to set you a “living wage,” it’s because you have failed to make yourself worth a living wage.

. . . Next is Hard Truth Number 4: You shouldn’t have kids if you can’t afford them. A corollary to this self-evident concept is that you shouldn’t have sex unless you can pay for your own birth control. Those of us who don’t choose to live lives of chaos should not have to be taxed money from our kids so the government can give it to your kids because you are too lazy, stupid and/or drug-addled to support them yourself.

. . . That brings us to Hard Truth Number 5: Liberalism depends on a huge number of Americans being losers who can’t support themselves. Broken or nonexistent families are the root of most of society’s pathologies, and they are also essential to the Democrat demographic model. The party’s very existence depends on there being a pool of serfs desperate for handouts distributed by Democrat overlords. If 90% of Americans were self-sufficient and refused to trade their dignity for a few scraps in the form of various welfare payouts, there would be no modern Democrat Party.

. . . Here’s Hard Truth Number 6: Your biggest problem is you. Now, a lot of people resent this truth – they say it’s “blaming the victim.” But most of the time, the purported “victim” is to blame.

. . . And that leads to Hard Truth Number 7: This can’t go on.​

I've been waiting for them jump all over this

she does know how to yank their chains...FREE PUBLICITY if she was considering running for President. you go girl
I hope she does run. Her taking responsibility for McCain losing the election for picking her batshit crazy self will be almost as funny as Herman Cain's groping white women.

Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin said she owes America a "global apology" for the 2008 GOP presidential ticket's loss to President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden.

During an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity, Palin spoke about Obama's long-term strategy for defeating the Islamic State -- a militant group formerly known as ISIS or ISIL -- that he laid out in a speech Wednesday night.

"As I watched the speech last night, Sean, the thought going through my mind is, 'I owe America a global apology. Because John McCain, through all of this, John McCain should be our president,'" Palin said.

I get the willies just thinking about a President McCain and a Vice President Sarah Palin.

But yet were living through the worst president in our entire history and you're good.

But yet were living through the worst president in our entire history and you're good.

Who's saying that? It isn't being said by presidential historians.

Indeed. If Lakhota had only the teensiest bit of appreciation for the concept of Integrity, he'd be more focused on things such as the apology that Obama and Hillary owe to the parents of the Benghazi victims for lying to them about the Islamic Video, while standing over the coffins.

I'm a Republican, but when I first heard her open that yapper all those years ago I laughed and thought "we're fucked". :lol:

That's odd. I'm an elitist prick and I thought finally, someone who gets it at a fundamental level.

I suspect the operative words are "fundamental level"...as in "elementary level"...

You think that you're slamming her, but you're not. I knew someone in this thread would take a swing at the easy lob, but your effort fails.

That higher-than-fundamental thinking that you seem to value employs mostly sophistry intended to convey symbolic imagery and it's divorced from empiricism, from recognizing the world as it actually exists.

Watch this Bill Maher interview with Charlie Rose. Rose embodies the "more than fundamental" intelligence you champion, notice his cringe-inducing remark that he is a "devotee of science." Barf. Notice his remark at the 2:40 mark, Maher states "I'm sure you know these things" and Rose responds "I do" and so reveals himself to be a liar. His more sophisticated thinking, that he was pushing in the interview is revealed to be false and he knows it.

What's the point of being a sophisticated thinker if the reality that you live within is a lie divorced from how the real world operates? All you have here is an exercise of intelligence for the simply reason of wanting to construct fantasy world of thin gossamer for the intellectual pleasure of doing so. Smart people love concocting complicated mind puzzles. Political correctness is just such a complicated mind puzzle. Look at all of the distortions that you have to concoct and keep straight in your mind when you adopt a liberal world view, when you claim that Islam is a religion of peace. All the evidence must be ignored and the fiction must be advanced.

Meanwhile, Governor Palin observes:

On Conservatism:

You can call me a common-sense conservative. My approach to the issues facing my country and the world, issues that we’ll discuss today, are rooted in this common-sense conservatism… Common sense conservatism deals with the reality of the world as it is. Complicated and beautiful, tragic and hopeful, we believe in the rights and the responsibilities and the inherent dignity of the individual.

We don’t believe that human nature is perfectible; we’re suspicious of government efforts to fix problems because often what it’s trying to fix is human nature, and that is impossible. It is what it is. But that doesn’t mean that we’re resigned to, well, any negative destiny. Not at all. I believe in striving for the ideal, but in realistic confines of human nature…

On Liberalism:

The opposite of a common-sense conservative is a liberalism that holds that there is no human problem that government can’t fix if only the right people are put in charge. Unfortunately, history and common sense are not on its side. We don’t trust utopian promises; we deal with human nature as it is.

On what caused the financial crisis:

While we might be in the wilderness, conservatives need to defend the free market system and explain what really caused last year’s collapse. According to one version of the story, America’s economic woes were caused by a lack of government intervention and regulation and therefore the only way to fix the problem, because, of course, every problem can be fixed by a politician, is for more bureaucracy to impose itself further, deeper, forcing itself deeper into the private sector.

I think that’s simply wrong. We got into this mess because of government interference in the first place. The mortgage crisis that led to the collapse of the financial market, it was rooted in a good-natured, but wrongheaded, desire to increase home ownership among those who couldn’t yet afford to own a home. In so many cases, politicians on the right and the left, they wanted to take credit for an increase in home ownership among those with lower incomes. But the rules of the marketplace are not adaptable to the mere whims of politicians.

Lack of government wasn’t the problem. Government policies were the problem. The marketplace didn’t fail. It became exactly as common sense would expect it to. The government ordered the loosening of lending standards. The Federal Reserve kept interest rates low. The government forced lending institutions to give loans to people who, as I say, couldn’t afford them. Speculators spotted new investment vehicles, jumped on board and rating agencies underestimated risks.
Give me someone who understands the world at the fundamental level of REALITY over a sophisticated thinker who spins a fantastic world based on lies and distortions. Most politicians fit the latter mold. Look where that has gotten us.

Listening to Palin define liberalism is funny...especially since she gets it completely wrong. I say that because liberalism does not hold that there is no human problem that government can’t fix if only the right people are put in charge. But, ironically enough, Palin DID manage to somehow stumble on to what liberalism is about when she defined herself. She said that she believed in striving for the ideal. That's what liberalism is about. That's why Thomas Jefferson said that the colonies were trying to "form a more perfect union". Someone should tell that to Mark Levin as he continues to harp on Ameritopia because he claims that liberal statists keep seeking to make America a better place as if that's not possible. Tell that to the founding fathers, Mark!

As for Palin's explanation of what caused the financial crisis, she doesn't know what the hell she's talking about. Unfortunately, that's usually the case.

Last edited:
As for Palin's explanation of what caused the financial crisis, she doesn't know what the hell she's talking about. Unfortunately, that's usually the case.

Palin explained the crisis accurately and succinctly. If you can't recognize this then you're likely swimming exclusively in a pool of liberal kool-aid. All the evidence backs Palin.

Who's saying that? It isn't being said by presidential historians.
By the same people who use the terms "messiah" and "Chosen One". :D

I voted for McCain because of Palin, otherwise I might have sat out. She definitely helped the insider regardless of the liberal lies. And she would have made a much better VP then the idiot we have today. McCain as president, sorry I don't see much difference except maybe the racial divide in the country may have been less.

McCain lost when the economic meltdown started a different VP candidate would not have changed that. I believe even the authors of game change stated the loss would have been bigger without Palin on the ticket.

Listening to Palin define liberalism is funny...especially since she gets it completely wrong. I say that because liberalism does not hold is NOT hold that there is no human problem that government can’t fix if only the right people are put in charge. But, ironically enough, Palin DID manage to somehow stumble on to what liberalism is about when she defined herself. She said that she believed in striving for the ideal. That's what liberalism is about. That's why Thomas Jefferson said that the colonies were trying to "form a more perfect union". Someone should tell that to Mark Levin as he continues to harp on Ameritopia because he claims that liberal statists keep seeking to make America a better place.

LOL! Zoom! Right over your head.

Palin explained the crisis accurately and succinctly. If you can't recognize this then you're likely swimming exclusively in a pool of liberal kool-aid. All the evidence backs Palin.

The financial industry ignored their own guidelines for lending since liar loans were a result of banks not only not verifying income which is what they were supposed to do, but actually encouraging people to take out larger loans that were more than they could afford. Often the banks told them that they could easily refinance loans before balloon payments came due, or encouraged them to take interest only loans which didn't pay off the principle in the belief that that they could and would refinance or even sell the property for a profit several months later.

Banks were competing with one another for business and selling the loans on the secondary market. That mean that they KNEW that they wouldn't get stuck with bad paper. Furthermore, loan officers had plenty of incentive to make loans without due diligence. It's called GREED. They were handsomely rewarded for making loans, and their bosses were just looking at the numbers like car salesmen trying to put people behind the wheel and get them off the lot without worrying about whether or not they could afford the car payments. And there was a stick to go along with that carrot. It's called the FEAR of losing your job to someone who WOULD do what you might be reluctant to do. I used to work in a sales department years ago, and I know what it's like.

This is also one of the things that got stock brokers in so much trouble. They would either sell financial instruments that weren't very good while laughing at the people who bought their recommendations, or they churned (which happened several years ago). That was the practice of getting clients to constantly buy and sell again later and buy something else. Stock brokers did that because they got a commission for every transaction.

But none of this flies with conservative orthodoxy. Conservatives want to make the gov't the culprit and blame gov't involvement for forcing banks to so something that never happened instead of admitting that gov't failed due to a LACK of oversight. Simply put, after years of preaching that gov't involvement is the problem, conservatives are philosophically unwilling to admit that they were (and continue to be) fundamentally wrong on the causes. Consequently, MY fear is that if conservatives ever get back into power again, they'll just end up doing it ALL OVER AGAIN. I'll be damned if I want to see that happen.

Unfortunately, Palin's not smart enough to separate rhetoric from reality which means that she probably buys into that nonsense unlike a lot of other politicians who are better educated and more savvy to boot.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back