Sarah Palin Buys Her Own Book, $63,000 Worth

making money is fine as long as you pay your taxes and try not to look down on others who don't make as much.....I bet Palin doesn't own a pair of shoes less expsensive than $500.

wow, you bet huh? keep digging.:lol:

Palin cabins not noted in tax assessments
Anchorage Daily News - Rachel D'Oro, Rindi White - ‎2-5-10‎
By RACHEL D'ORO AP Records show that Sarah Palin hasn't paid any property taxes on cabins that have been built on two backcountry plots... owners are required by state law to report any omissions or errors in their tax assessments.

watching her weasle her way out of this latest scandal should be entertaining.... I'm sure she'll find someone to blame, probably the co-owner of her property.

Headline News..
Property taxes totaling $156.13 :lol:

So...let us review. Not paying property taxes is ok if it's below a certain amount. Not paying property taxes is ok, if you are popular with the far right kooks.

Palin cabins not noted in tax assessments
Anchorage Daily News - Rachel D'Oro, Rindi White - ‎2-5-10‎
By RACHEL D'ORO AP Records show that Sarah Palin hasn't paid any property taxes on cabins that have been built on two backcountry plots... owners are required by state law to report any omissions or errors in their tax assessments.

watching her weasle her way out of this latest scandal should be entertaining.... I'm sure she'll find someone to blame, probably the co-owner of her property.

Headline News..

So...let us review. Not paying property taxes is ok if it's below a certain amount. Not paying property taxes is ok, if you are popular with the far right kooks.

yeah that must be it.
think Timmy Geitner, Charlie Rangel:eusa_shhh:

Anyone who's written a book purchases as many copies as they can for promotional purposes. Authors with benefactor/connections buy up large quantities which puts the book in a "high sales" database and brings attention to the book/author.

In the writing world, it's all about who you know and/or how much money you have.

The "author" does not buy the books. That is handled by the companies promoting the book. The publisher usually buys more copies from the printer than they expect to sell initially for promotion. It is unusual for a professional writer to spend 65,000 dollars to promote a book. My guess is that Sara will do anything to appear relevant including falsifying the popularity of the book she did not write.

Sarah Palin's book? Are you talking about "Going Rogue by Lynn Vincent"?

I wonder why she would do this.
It's not like she's on a speaking tour and might sell copies on her own and autograph them and things?

Headline News..

yeah that must be it.

I am thinking of them...and how many people excused their tax dodging. How many here excused them? Can you name any? I can't. Can you name any who excused Palin? Yes. You.

yeah that must be it.

I am thinking of them...and how many people excused their tax dodging. How many here excused them? Can you name any? I can't. Can you name any who excused Palin? Yes. You.

I believe Palin should be LOCKED up for years for 150 bucks, and this story should be FRONTPAGE HEADLINES for all to see just how the Palins are getting away with not paying MILLIONS in taxes.. there does that make you happy.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the books are being used for?
I mean I'm sure there are some liberals who think she's using them to beat coyotes to death or something but what's the reality?
Anyone?

Last edited:
yeah that must be it.

LOL, I believe Palin should be LOCKED up for years for 150 bucks. there does that make you happy.

So Steph here thinks it is NOT illegal to NOT pay taxes as long as those taxes are below some certain threshold that I am sure SHE gets to set. Hmmmm seems like all the INTEGRETY gets thrown under the bus when she gets CAUGHT huh? Pretty sad if you ask me.

The question is NOT relevant the only question that is relevant is what money did she use(PAC MONEY) and did she (PERSONALLY) profit from the sale of those books. This is all that matters, she took money donated to a CAUSE (Sarah PAC) and used it to ENRICH (SARAH). I'm sorry but if I had donated money I would be PISSED and would demand EVERY CENT of my money be returned to me (WITH INTEREST)!

LOL, I believe Palin should be LOCKED up for years for 150 bucks. there does that make you happy.

So Steph here thinks it is NOT illegal to NOT pay taxes as long as those taxes are below some certain threshold that I am sure SHE gets to set. Hmmmm seems like all the INTEGRETY gets thrown under the bus when she gets CAUGHT huh? Pretty sad if you ask me.

So, you don't see a problem with Geitner and Rangle saying they MADE a mistake on their taxes and then paid them, but Palin isn't suppose to have the same chance for 150 bucks..lets be real here, please.
we all know the real reason for this story. it probably cost the ADN 150 bucks just to print the article..And I wonder if it took 11 reporters to find this one out.:lol:

Last edited:

The question is NOT relevant the only question that is relevant is what money did she use(PAC MONEY) and did she (PERSONALLY) profit from the sale of those books. This is all that matters, she took money donated to a CAUSE (Sarah PAC) and used it to ENRICH (SARAH). I'm sorry but if I had donated money I would be PISSED and would demand EVERY CENT of my money be returned to me (WITH INTEREST)!

Actually it is perfectly relevant.
A PAC is a fundraising organization. Fundraising organizations/Non-profits Market themselves like any other organization or corporate entity.
The books could very well be being used in a fundraiser...such as sold at speaking engagements. With the money raised in those sales to benefit the PAC.

Actually it is perfectly relevant.
A PAC is a fundraising organization. Fundraising organizations/Non-profits Market themselves like any other organization or corporate entity.
The books could very well be being used in a fundraiser...such as sold at speaking engagements. With the money raised in those sales to benefit the PAC.

Has she PUBLICALLY stated that she would donate her PROFIT from the sale of those books to the PAC? That's the only way it would appear ETHICAL. What she SOULD have done was buy the books with her OWN money and donated them to her PAC!

Last edited:
Well Steph you are part of the party of ETHICS so you tell me if you think Sarah has acted ETHICALLY in BOTH her tax deficiency AND her purchase of her OWN book with PAC funds.

naaa, I'll leave all the judging about the MILLIONS OF DOLLARS that Palin has abused for you lefties. when you all get the truth, let me know.

Forum List

Back