Sandra Fluke's Testimony - Here it is. Watch so you will not look like such a fool~

The only form of birth control that can be used for purposes other than birth control is the pill.

That is not true.

The pill probably would have been prescribed as the best option. But a vaginal ring could have also probably done the trick. The vaginal ring costs over $4000 a year, and may be the best option for a given woman, based on her particular circumstances. Furthermore, that is only one example. Birth control medications have a several other applications. It can also be possible that one particular form of birth control is the best option for a woman, as opposed to another form of birth control in addition to a second medication to treat a secondary issue. This is what it comes down to....birth control is a normal and common medical practice, for a variety of reasons. The decision of what method(s) of birth control a woman uses is something to be decided between her and her doctor. Women who are attempting to lead healthy lives should not be impeded simply because someone out there has a religious objection to her pursuit of healthy living.

Therefore she's a lying slut when she said birth control was 3000.00

No, you're just uninformed. Man, I really hate when people imply that men don't have a right to have opinions on issues like abortion. But idiots like you and the others on this thread make me start to at least understand where women are coming from when they suggest those things. It's becoming increasingly clear that alot of men really are entirely clueless when it comes to women's reproductive health issues. Not that I expect men to understand such things to the same degree that women do. But God damn, this kind of ignorance is absolutely shameful.

Please post any credible medical article that states a vaginal ring is the treatment for polycystic ovary disease!
OH so he thinks something other than the pill can be used for medical purpose? :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJXkOgMW3tY]Rush Limbaugh 'Slut' Attack On Georgetown Student Sandra Fluke - YouTube[/ame]

The president called sandra in support to her argument.

Public outrage is in support of sandra.

7 sponsors left rush and he's desperately reeling from it.

All this slut business aside, Rush is a still a dickhead and always will be, but Ms Fluke, you should pay for your own contraception. What's next, asking band aids to be put on your insurance cover?

The only form of birth control that can be used for purposes other than birth control is the pill.

That is not true.

When she mentioned the one female with the ovary problem the pill was the only thing she could have been talking about.

The pill probably would have been prescribed as the best option. But a vaginal ring could have also probably done the trick. The vaginal ring costs over $4000 a year, and may be the best option for a given woman, based on her particular circumstances. Furthermore, that is only one example. Birth control medications have a several other applications. It can also be possible that one particular form of birth control is the best option for a woman, as opposed to another form of birth control in addition to a second medication to treat a secondary issue. This is what it comes down to....birth control is a normal and common medical practice, for a variety of reasons. The decision of what method(s) of birth control a woman uses is something to be decided between her and her doctor. Women who are attempting to lead healthy lives should not be impeded simply because someone out there has a religious objection to her pursuit of healthy living.

Therefore she's a lying slut when she said birth control was 3000.00

No, you're just uninformed. Man, I really hate when people imply that men don't have a right to have opinions on issues like abortion. But idiots like you and the others on this thread make me start to at least understand where women are coming from when they suggest those things. It's becoming increasingly clear that alot of men really are entirely clueless when it comes to women's reproductive health issues. Not that I expect men to understand such things to the same degree that women do. But God damn, this kind of ignorance is absolutely shameful.
The vaginal ring costs over $4000 a year
Liar
Vaginal Ring at a Glance

A small ring you put in your vagina once a month for three weeks to prevent pregnancy
Safe, effective, and convenient
Easy to get with a prescription
Costs about $15–$80 a month

NuvaRing - NuvaRing Side Effects - Vaginal Ring

Please post any credible medical article that states a vaginal ring is the treatment for polycystic ovary disease!

The vaginal ring delivers the same drugs as the pill. The pill would likely be the first option, but between a woman and her doctor they may decide to try the vaginal ring instead.

All this slut business aside, Rush is a still a dickhead and always will be, but Ms Fluke, you should pay for your own contraception. What's next, asking band aids to be put on your insurance cover?

So, paying for insurance isn't enough. It is OK for the school to put the squeeze on their students to promote their religious agenda! Groovy! :clap2:

I will sleep well knowing that my countrymen feel that way. Wait! You aren't one of my countrymen. :clap2::clap2:

And you are positive that they are given other options?
Unless Georgetown itself is lying.

I posted it earlier.

But, at Georgetown, if a student shows the school that they already have insurance through another carrier, they are not mandated to purchase Georgetown's healthcare insurance.

"Dear Student:

You may waive the Premier Plan offered by the University during the Open Enrollment Period, if you have other adequate health insurance which meets the following criteria:

- Coverage of at least $100,000 per illness and $100,000 per injury;
- Plan in effect no later than the last day or your applicable Open Enrollment Period; and,
- Plan will remain in effect for the remainder of your academic year.

...."​

Georgetown University :: Office of Student Affairs :: Student Health Insurance
They have insurance through another source, or buy Georgetown's.

And most will have no other option for insurance. Therefore, the school is putting the squeeze on the students to promtoe a religious agenda!
The students have a choice of HC insurance, contrary to what many believe.

And, as the school is run by a religious organization, they can promote that religion as much as they want.

And, as the school is run by a religious organization, they can promote that religion as much as they want.

Sure they can. Don't really think anyone challenges whether they can. Maybe I had the wrong impression, but I thought that Ms Fluke was testifying before Congress regarding such issues before our country as, oh I don't know, health care reform. I hear there's a law getting ready to take effect that would prohibit entities from "promoting" a religious principle by way of restricting health care insurance coverage. Is that wrong?

So, paying for insurance isn't enough. It is OK for the school to put the squeeze on their students to promote their religious agenda! Groovy! :clap2:

I will sleep well knowing that my countrymen feel that way. Wait! You aren't one of my countrymen. :clap2::clap2:

Sunshine, please don't try and join the dots. You're not smart enough....

To spell it out for you, just so you can understand, my statement is a standalone one. You pay for your own contraception, just like you pay for your utilities, groceries, alcohol, car registration. Contraception is a personal issue, but more importantly, one which you should take personal responsibility for, not your insurance company.

Contraception is a personal issue, but more importantly, one which you should take personal responsibility for, not your insurance company.

:confused: So, if you go to the dentist and get your teeth cleaned under an insured dental plan, what is that? A public service? All of health care is a personal issue. What is the point of health insurance, if it does not cover health care usage?

Contraception is a personal issue, but more importantly, one which you should take personal responsibility for, not your insurance company.

:confused: So, if you go to the dentist and get your teeth cleaned under an insured dental plan, what is that? A public service? All of health care is a personal issue. What is the point of health insurance, if it does not cover health care usage?

Contraception is not a health issue. Dental plans I get (although down here, insurance companies offer very little in dental insurance because of the costs involved) and I can see why they are covered.

My brother in law's younger brother died in the Netherlands because he had a seriously infected tooth and got septicemia and died of blood poisoning (the Dutch, generally don't beileve in antibiotics and hand them out very frugally). See, I get the connection between your health and teeth. Taking something so you won't get pregnant is not a health issue - it's about whether you want to have kids or not....

I still can't believe in such a 'free' country as the US insurance companies even cover it. It boggles the mind....

Taking something so you won't get pregnant is not a health issue - it's about whether you want to have kids or not.

:confused: You don't think the possibility of pregnancy, especially the risks of potentially dangerous pregnancies, is a health issue? Let's see a person start growing inside of your penis and see if you don't have a health issue on your hands. Bet if there was a risk of that happening to you and you could take a pill that would reduce the risk by 99.99%, you'd sure want your insurance to cover it.

Sure they can. Don't really think anyone challenges whether they can. Maybe I had the wrong impression, but I thought that Ms Fluke was testifying before Congress regarding such issues before our country as, oh I don't know, health care reform. I hear there's a law getting ready to take effect that would prohibit entities from "promoting" a religious principle by way of restricting health care insurance coverage. Is that wrong?

Ms. Fluke was mistaken. The debate was not over health reform, or women's health care. It was about whether this administration should have the ability to mandate that organizations established by religious groups be required to provide services that directly violate their religious tenets. Ms. Fluke is an activist who wanted to use the opportunity to promote her pet project.

4474.jpg

rB8wV.jpg

Sandra-Copy.jpg

the slut wants to fuck. how ya gonna stop it???

It was about whether this administration should have the ability to mandate that organizations established by religious groups be required to provide services that directly violate their religious tenets.

Of course the administration can't do that. The President doesn't legislate. Congress was the one that passed the law.

Taking something so you won't get pregnant is not a health issue - it's about whether you want to have kids or not.

:confused: You don't think the possibility of pregnancy, especially the risks of potentially dangerous pregnancies, is a health issue? Let's see a person start growing inside of your penis and see if you don't have a health issue on your hands. Bet if there was a risk of that happening to you and you could take a pill that would reduce the risk by 99.99%, you'd sure want your insurance to cover it.

Hey, hate to break it to you, but pregnancy and sex are personal choices. Don't know too many folk who decided to allow tumours to grow in their bodies. or decided they should have an aneurysm...

As I said, where does personal responsibility come in?

Newsflash, not covering everything under the sun is not pushing a religious agenda.

Okay, so what do we call it when normal and routine medical practices are specifically excluded, for no other reasons than forcing a religious practice upon the insured?

Excuse me? I have said this more than once in this thread alone, insurance is not designed to cover routine medical expenses. Birth control, as you just pointed out, is a routine medical expense. What I, and everyone else who understands what insurance is actually for, call this is common sense. Being that this is a free country you can call it whatever you want, just don't expect people with a brain to agree with you.

It was about whether this administration should have the ability to mandate that organizations established by religious groups be required to provide services that directly violate their religious tenets.

Of course the administration can't do that. The President doesn't legislate. Congress was the one that passed the law.

Congress is part of this administration. They all need to be fired, right along with the apologist-in-chief.

Forum List

Back