Sandra Fluke's Testimony - Here it is. Watch so you will not look like such a fool~

Stupid people rarely know they're stupid.

Her argument is stupid. You don't recognize that, so what does that make you???

In other words, after a well thought out statement, you aren't able to come up with anything better to rebuke her position. So, you'll just write it off, calling it "stupid," which gives you an excuse to ignore it outright an refuse to address it, while continuing to inspect your own prostate up close for its own cysts.

Her statement did seem to be well thought out, but, seriously, she wants something that she wants. Does she also want a Mercedes Benz? If she can't afford one, am I also obliged to get one of those for her?

I have no problem at all with her exercising right to have whatever birth control she needs for whatever end she chooses.

I also have no problem with allowing her to exercise her responsibility to pay for the stuff.

Why in the world should she think that I need to pay for her birth control. What's in it for me?

Again, you find it very palatable for people to be MANDATED to PURCHASE an insurance policy that promotes a religious agenda! Keen!

Limbaugh has a long history of letting his mouth run without actively engaging his brain, which is why I stopped listening to him before he stopped the feminazi tirades.

That said, I strongly doubt law schools discriminate against women to the extent you are saying. I am not trying to discount your personal experience, but there are way to many women who are lawyers in this country for me to believe that, quite a few of them go into politics and end up in positions that have real power to control how schools act for them to be a bastion of discrimination.

My problem with Fluke is not that she is a woman, nor is that she wants to be a lawyer, it is that she is misrepresenting the difficulties involved in getting contraception in this country. There are 3 or 4 Planned Parenthood centers within 4 miles of Georgetown, the only reason anyone who wants contraception there doesn't have it is because they are lazy.

Contrary to popular belief, Planned Parenthood is not free. I tied up with them a few years back when one of my patients marched in there and told them that I said our clinic would pay for an abortion for her. I told them that I don't care one way or another if she has an abortion, but I did not tell her my employer would pay for it and I am telling you now that we will not.

Anyway one of her prime examples was a woman who needed the pill for medical reasons, and not contraception. Planned Parenthood is not a medical clinic. All BC pills are not the same, and used for a medical condition isn't just a matter of plopping something out on the table and saying, 'here go live in good health.'

Think I'm exaggerating about discrimination in law school? Well, ask all those lady lawyers you know. What? Don't know any? Hmmmm........ Wonder why that could be?

As to other posts indicating that this is a 'private' organization and should be free of government involvement, I have already mentioned the voluminous and overwhelming number of administrative regs we have in this country, which you all sumarily ignore. But when a business, any business, mandates a student, patient, or employee to do something, then the government has an interest in it. And by rights you should be glad of that. People pissed and moaned to no end about the OSHA regs, but they have kept many many people off the disability rolls, which is what they were instituted to do. There is student insurance available which likely does pay for birth control pills. The school where I taught had the packets but didn't even tell the students. You can't imagine how thrilled they were when I brought it to their attention that they could have an affordable major medical policy for themselves and their children. The general public doesn't know about it, and this school does not advise it is there. Moreover, the students at this woman's school are mandated to purchase insurance which does not meet their health care needs. There is no reason someone should have to buy two medical policies just to get their basic health care needs met. The problem here is in the fact that the school sets up that scenario by mandating students purchase a policy they can't use and in many cases this will put them out of being able to purchase a policy they can use.

The facts are always nice to know aren't they?

They might not be free, but they have no problem handing anyone who walks through the door a handful of condoms, even if they aren't eligible for other services they offer. If the issue is actually contraception, condoms should work fine. In fact, all things considered, I think condoms are better than the pill because they also help reduce the spread of VD.

Anyway, anecdotal evidence is irrelevant to the debate. For the record, I actually checked, and the only reason to use the pill if you have ovarian cysts is to regulate your period. It doesn't actually prevent the growth of the cysts in any way, so the sob story, while sad, is irrelevant to the debate.

Personally, I have met 6 lawyers, 2 of them were female. I don't know any of them sell enough to ask them questions like that, and even if I did, it wouldn't be enough of a sample to make survey.

For the record, pointing out the fact that regulations exist does not, in itself, justify the existence of regulations. If life actually worked that way we never would have ended slavery because it already existed before anyone decided it was wrong. I tend to ignore arguments that attempt to defend new laws that are based on the premise that old laws already exist because they aren't worth refuting, but I have no problem pointing out to people who have law degrees that they obviously did not pay attention in class if they think they can win an argument on that basis.

Insurance policies, by definition, are not meant to cover routine expenses because insurance is designed to share risk, not expense. sharing expense turns insurance companies into communes, which makes them mnore expensive, and actually drives up the cost of routine care to the point it is ridiculous. You can actually go out and get a CAT scan for less than it costs you to pay for the insurance to cover CAT scans, and I often get discounts if I call up a doctor and, after explaining I do not have insurance, offer to pay cash. I know people that have higher copays than what it costs me to get a routine checkup.

If the students don't like being forced to buy the insurance at Georgetown they are perfectly free to go to a college that does not require them to buy insurance. Or, as an alternative, they can actually go out, buy their own coverage, and not pay the into a program that they think is discriminatory. Since I think mandatory insurance is always wrong, I have no sympathy for anyone who gets themselves into a situation where they have to pay for insurance, even if they don't want it, or it doesn't cover what they mistakenly think insurance should cover.

I have decided that you all are too stupid to understand plain English. Of course, everyone is 'free' to go to another school. But I guess we are not all as well off and 'free' as you are. I recall Vanderbilt being my ONLY option.

The issue is not having to PAY for insurance. The issues is having to PAY for a policy that promotes a religious agenda. Once a religious school opens its doors to the public, then public policy applies. What they are doing is wrong.

I heard it. I thought she sounded like a 60's lesbian whiner.

People like you are why women have always been and will always be second class citizens in this country. You dolt!

OK. Here's the link.

Sandra Fluke's Controversial Birth Control Testimony - YouTube

It is pretty clear to me that most who are discussing this have not heard her testimony.

False testimony. She and every woman have plenty of free access to all the birth control paid for by tax payers, insurance companies and independent donations.

So you are A-OK with students being mandated to pay for a health insurance policy that pushes a religious agenda. Cool!

Here's a flash for you. That was a PRIVATE health care policy. Not one dime from taxpayers. BUT Every government employee in this country has health care that will pay for birth control!

Newsflash, not covering everything under the sun is not pushing a religious agenda.

In other words, after a well thought out statement, you aren't able to come up with anything better to rebuke her position. So, you'll just write it off, calling it "stupid," which gives you an excuse to ignore it outright an refuse to address it, while continuing to inspect your own prostate up close for its own cysts.

Her statement did seem to be well thought out, but, seriously, she wants something that she wants. Does she also want a Mercedes Benz? If she can't afford one, am I also obliged to get one of those for her?

I have no problem at all with her exercising right to have whatever birth control she needs for whatever end she chooses.

I also have no problem with allowing her to exercise her responsibility to pay for the stuff.

Why in the world should she think that I need to pay for her birth control. What's in it for me?

Again, you find it very palatable for people to be MANDATED to PURCHASE an insurance policy that promotes a religious agenda! Keen!
Sunshine, they are NOT mandated to purchase the Georgetown insurance. They are mandated to HAVE insurance, though.

Last edited:
Contrary to popular belief, Planned Parenthood is not free. I tied up with them a few years back when one of my patients marched in there and told them that I said our clinic would pay for an abortion for her. I told them that I don't care one way or another if she has an abortion, but I did not tell her my employer would pay for it and I am telling you now that we will not.

Anyway one of her prime examples was a woman who needed the pill for medical reasons, and not contraception. Planned Parenthood is not a medical clinic. All BC pills are not the same, and used for a medical condition isn't just a matter of plopping something out on the table and saying, 'here go live in good health.'

Think I'm exaggerating about discrimination in law school? Well, ask all those lady lawyers you know. What? Don't know any? Hmmmm........ Wonder why that could be?

As to other posts indicating that this is a 'private' organization and should be free of government involvement, I have already mentioned the voluminous and overwhelming number of administrative regs we have in this country, which you all sumarily ignore. But when a business, any business, mandates a student, patient, or employee to do something, then the government has an interest in it. And by rights you should be glad of that. People pissed and moaned to no end about the OSHA regs, but they have kept many many people off the disability rolls, which is what they were instituted to do. There is student insurance available which likely does pay for birth control pills. The school where I taught had the packets but didn't even tell the students. You can't imagine how thrilled they were when I brought it to their attention that they could have an affordable major medical policy for themselves and their children. The general public doesn't know about it, and this school does not advise it is there. Moreover, the students at this woman's school are mandated to purchase insurance which does not meet their health care needs. There is no reason someone should have to buy two medical policies just to get their basic health care needs met. The problem here is in the fact that the school sets up that scenario by mandating students purchase a policy they can't use and in many cases this will put them out of being able to purchase a policy they can use.

The facts are always nice to know aren't they?

They might not be free, but they have no problem handing anyone who walks through the door a handful of condoms, even if they aren't eligible for other services they offer. If the issue is actually contraception, condoms should work fine. In fact, all things considered, I think condoms are better than the pill because they also help reduce the spread of VD.

Anyway, anecdotal evidence is irrelevant to the debate. For the record, I actually checked, and the only reason to use the pill if you have ovarian cysts is to regulate your period. It doesn't actually prevent the growth of the cysts in any way, so the sob story, while sad, is irrelevant to the debate.

Personally, I have met 6 lawyers, 2 of them were female. I don't know any of them sell enough to ask them questions like that, and even if I did, it wouldn't be enough of a sample to make survey.

For the record, pointing out the fact that regulations exist does not, in itself, justify the existence of regulations. If life actually worked that way we never would have ended slavery because it already existed before anyone decided it was wrong. I tend to ignore arguments that attempt to defend new laws that are based on the premise that old laws already exist because they aren't worth refuting, but I have no problem pointing out to people who have law degrees that they obviously did not pay attention in class if they think they can win an argument on that basis.

Insurance policies, by definition, are not meant to cover routine expenses because insurance is designed to share risk, not expense. sharing expense turns insurance companies into communes, which makes them mnore expensive, and actually drives up the cost of routine care to the point it is ridiculous. You can actually go out and get a CAT scan for less than it costs you to pay for the insurance to cover CAT scans, and I often get discounts if I call up a doctor and, after explaining I do not have insurance, offer to pay cash. I know people that have higher copays than what it costs me to get a routine checkup.

If the students don't like being forced to buy the insurance at Georgetown they are perfectly free to go to a college that does not require them to buy insurance. Or, as an alternative, they can actually go out, buy their own coverage, and not pay the into a program that they think is discriminatory. Since I think mandatory insurance is always wrong, I have no sympathy for anyone who gets themselves into a situation where they have to pay for insurance, even if they don't want it, or it doesn't cover what they mistakenly think insurance should cover.

I have decided that you all are too stupid to understand plain English. Of course, everyone is 'free' to go to another school. But I guess we are not all as well off and 'free' as you are. I recall Vanderbilt being my ONLY option.

The issue is not having to PAY for insurance. The issues is having to PAY for a policy that promotes a religious agenda. Once a religious school opens its doors to the public, then public policy applies. What they are doing is wrong.

If the problem is the religious agenda I suggest you chose to go to a school that does not promote a religious agenda from the get go. Or, if for some reason, the only school you can afford is one that has a religious agenda and charges $23,000 a year, which is over twice the average tuition for college, buck it up and accept something for going to such a cheap school.

Last edited:
OK. Here's the link.

Sandra Fluke's Controversial Birth Control Testimony - YouTube

It is pretty clear to me that most who are discussing this have not heard her testimony.
Birth Control Pills
Cost about $15–$50 each month
180.00- 600.00 a year
Fluke said they cost over 3000.00 a year she's a lying slut.
Birth Control Pills - Birth Control Pill - The Pill

Birth control > the pill.

The only form of birth control that can be used for purposes other than birth control is the pill. When she mentioned the one female with the ovary problem the pill was the only thing she could have been talking about.
Therefore she's a lying slut when she said birth control was 3000.00

Last edited:
Birth Control Pills
Cost about $15–$50 each month
180.00- 600.00 a year
Fluke said they cost over 3000.00 a year she's a lying slut.
Birth Control Pills - Birth Control Pill - The Pill

The only form of birth control that can be used for purposes other than birth control is the pill. When she mentioned the one female with the ovary problem the pill was the only thing she could have been talking about.

Condoms will not treat polycystic ovary disease. She did NOT say birth control costs over 3K/year. She said it can cost 3K IN LAW SCHOOL.............which is 3 years. Do the math.

No, don't do the math. You are all to fucking stupid to add and subtract.

Newsflash, not covering everything under the sun is not pushing a religious agenda.

Okay, so what do we call it when normal and routine medical practices are specifically excluded, for no other reasons than forcing a religious practice upon the insured?

Sunshine, they are NOT mandated to purchase the Georgetown insurance. They are mandated to HAVE insurance, though.

And you are positive that they are given other options?

Condoms will not treat polycystic ovary disease. She did NOT say birth control costs over 3K/year. She said it can cost 3K IN LAW SCHOOL.............which is 3 years. Do the math.

No, don't do the math. You are all to fucking stupid to add and subtract.
Yes I was corrected on the time frame she spoke of
And she still lied about the cost. no where near the cost she said

Condoms will not treat polycystic ovary disease
You are correct and I never said it would.

Unless Georgetown itself is lying.

I posted it earlier.

But, at Georgetown, if a student shows the school that they already have insurance through another carrier, they are not mandated to purchase Georgetown's healthcare insurance.

"Dear Student:

You may waive the Premier Plan offered by the University during the Open Enrollment Period, if you have other adequate health insurance which meets the following criteria:

- Coverage of at least $100,000 per illness and $100,000 per injury;
- Plan in effect no later than the last day or your applicable Open Enrollment Period; and,
- Plan will remain in effect for the remainder of your academic year.

...."​

Georgetown University :: Office of Student Affairs :: Student Health Insurance
They have insurance through another source, or buy Georgetown's.

Yup. And, her testimony had several believing that Georgetown students MUST purchase Georgetown HC insurance and, as such, they cannot have oral contraceptives covered.

Wow. Someone was less than thorough in their testimony to Congress?

And, folks actually bought it without investigation?

Wait, folks are intellectually lazy in the USA? No way!

well if the insurance you have doesn't meet with Gt's standards then yes you have to buy theirs.
And, their standards are $100K of coverage, that the coverage had to have already started, and that it continues through the academic year.

Those are super-tough requirements. :cuckoo:

Yes, they are. And they have no alternatives listed on their website. So, a person leaving a job to go to school would have to take the COBRA, then they could only have it for 18 months. If you have ANY preexisting condition, you cannot buy private health insurance. If you get sick one time they will drop you, and the are requirements for the period of coverage as well.

The only form of birth control that can be used for purposes other than birth control is the pill.

That is not true.

When she mentioned the one female with the ovary problem the pill was the only thing she could have been talking about.

The pill probably would have been prescribed as the best option. But a vaginal ring could have also probably done the trick. The vaginal ring costs over $4000 a year, and may be the best option for a given woman, based on her particular circumstances. Furthermore, that is only one example. Birth control medications have a several other applications. It can also be possible that one particular form of birth control is the best option for a woman, as opposed to another form of birth control in addition to a second medication to treat a secondary issue. This is what it comes down to....birth control is a normal and common medical practice, for a variety of reasons. The decision of what method(s) of birth control a woman uses is something to be decided between her and her doctor. Women who are attempting to lead healthy lives should not be impeded simply because someone out there has a religious objection to her pursuit of healthy living.

No, you're just uninformed. Man, I really hate when people imply that men don't have a right to have opinions on issues like abortion. But idiots like you and the others on this thread make me start to at least understand where women are coming from when they suggest those things. It's becoming increasingly clear that alot of men really are entirely clueless when it comes to women's reproductive health issues. Not that I expect men to understand such things to the same degree that women do. But God damn, this kind of ignorance is absolutely shameful.

The only form of birth control that can be used for purposes other than birth control is the pill.

That is not true.

When she mentioned the one female with the ovary problem the pill was the only thing she could have been talking about.

The pill probably would have been prescribed as the best option. But a vaginal ring could have also probably done the trick. The vaginal ring costs over $4000 a year, and may be the best option for a given woman, based on her particular circumstances. Furthermore, that is only one example. Birth control medications have a several other applications. It can also be possible that one particular form of birth control is the best option for a woman, as opposed to another form of birth control in addition to a second medication to treat a secondary issue. This is what it comes down to....birth control is a normal and common medical practice, for a variety of reasons. The decision of what method(s) of birth control a woman uses is something to be decided between her and her doctor. Women who are attempting to lead healthy lives should not be impeded simply because someone out there has a religious objection to her pursuit of healthy living.

No, you're just uninformed. Man, I really hate when people imply that men don't have a right to have opinions on issues like abortion. But idiots like you and the others on this thread make me start to at least understand where women are coming from when they suggest those things. It's becoming increasingly clear that alot of men really are entirely clueless when it comes to women's reproductive health issues. Not that I expect men to understand such things to the same degree that women do. But God damn, this kind of ignorance is absolutely shameful.

Please post any credible medical article that states a vaginal ring is the treatment for polycystic ovary disease!

Unless Georgetown itself is lying.

I posted it earlier.

But, at Georgetown, if a student shows the school that they already have insurance through another carrier, they are not mandated to purchase Georgetown's healthcare insurance.

"Dear Student:

You may waive the Premier Plan offered by the University during the Open Enrollment Period, if you have other adequate health insurance which meets the following criteria:

- Coverage of at least $100,000 per illness and $100,000 per injury;
- Plan in effect no later than the last day or your applicable Open Enrollment Period; and,
- Plan will remain in effect for the remainder of your academic year.

...."​

Georgetown University :: Office of Student Affairs :: Student Health Insurance
They have insurance through another source, or buy Georgetown's.

And most will have no other option for insurance. Therefore, the school is putting the squeeze on the students to promtoe a religious agenda!

Forum List

Back