Sanders just submitted college for all bill.

just another $47 Billion in debt

this year

once colleges get that "free money", tuition will once again sky rocket so it will cost, us, $60-70 billion next year.

free college but you can't afford to eat

Food is next.
Then water
then housing

There seems to be nothing, in principle, preventing those initiatives. From what I'm hearing, if a given program can be shown to serve society's interests (as defined by government, of course) all bets are off.
dems support full government control of our lives so everything will be fair.

this year

once colleges get that "free money", tuition will once again sky rocket so it will cost, us, $60-70 billion next year.

Food is next.
Then water
then housing

There seems to be nothing, in principle, preventing those initiatives. From what I'm hearing, if a given program can be shown to serve society's interests (as defined by government, of course) all bets are off.
I'd love to see a link on that one

this year

Food is next.
Then water
then housing

US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

find me a single thing, anything, where a dem leader wanted the government to control something and a dem sheep was against it.

anything

Food is next.
Then water
then housing

find me a single thing, anything, where a dem leader wanted the government to control something and a dem sheep was against it.

anything
Fail on your part

Identify where Dems advocate full government control of our lives like you claim. Do you know what full government control means?

Then water
then housing

anything
Fail on your part

Identify where Dems advocate full government control of our lives like you claim. Do you know what full government control means?
It doesn't mean much, because as long as any shred of freedom exists, you'd claim there isn't full control. What most Democrats, and frankly most Republicans, don't support is clear limits in government power.

d640eb3045f223c0336b85ef232292f0.jpg

anything
Fail on your part

It doesn't mean much, because as long as any shred of freedom exists, you'd claim there isn't full control. What most Democrats, and frankly most Republicans, don't support is clear limits in government power.
OK...what do you call full control of our lives?
Deciding where you live, who you marry, where you work, how many kids you can have?

What do you call full control?

Summary of Sen. Sanders’ College for All Act

Eliminate Undergraduate Tuition at 4-year Public Colleges and Universities. This legislation

would provide $47 billion per year to states to eliminate undergraduate tuition and fees at public

colleges and universities.

Today, total tuition at public colleges and universities amounts to about $70 billion per year. Under

the College for All Act, the federal government would cover 67% of this cost, while the states would

be responsible for the remaining 33% of the cost. (then above it says states get 47 billion a year, so why not have the fed gov to pay the cost)

To qualify for federal funding, states must meet a number of requirements designed to protect

students, ensure quality, and reduce ballooning costs. States will need to maintain spending on their

higher education systems, on academic instruction, and on need-based financial aid. In addition,

colleges and universities must reduce their reliance on low-paid adjunct faculty.

States would be able to use funding to increase academic opportunities for students, hire new faculty,

and provide professional development opportunities for professors.

No funding under this program may be used to fund administrator salaries, merit-based fina

http://www.sanders.senate.gov/download/collegeforallsummary/?inline=filencial aid,

For one thing I do not think colleges should keep raising rates as they are, needs to be a ban placed on the costs, so much of the classroom is done via Skype and well at home on personal computers. I do not believe in tenure either.

also anything free, is well taken for granted.

also a lot of our property tax goes to public schools, the two year college we have and also the 4 year university we have in our county, mileage increases.

Most can't afford higher property taxes, sales tax hikes or state income tax raises, so this is going to affect everyone is it not?

When I went to college, awhile ago, the special interest rate was 9,9% interest on student loans. I'm don't want to go back to that, and I do think college should be affordable to all, but not on the tax payers back.

I'm not understanding this I guess.
Big mistake. in my opinion, use the money for Jr. College, technical and trade schools. Make the credits transferable. Then college after that, should cost. Then people who decide not to continue have a trade to fall back on or have enough education to get a quality job. The money that goes to college after that pays for the needed higher education. But if your family are already millionaires and you are a dependent, then you should pay the full cost of your education.

Rich people that get free stuff from the government reminds of Republicans in the house who pass a bill giving GOP farm owners in the House millions in subsidies while cutting food stamps and benefits for veterans and poor people. Republicans in the house who get farm money insist it's OK because they are producers.

anything
Fail on your part

Deciding where you live, who you marry, where you work, how many kids you can have?

Right on cue.

Other industrialized countries pay for full college tuition

They do not have militaries larger than the next twelve countries combined. They have not taken the mission to defend the world...only to educate their people

anything
Fail on your part

Right on cue.
I asked you what I thought would be a simple question

You claim Dems want government to have complete control of our lives. I defined what I think is complete control......why can't you do the same?

Then water
then housing

anything
Fail on your part

so you know there's nothing you wouldn't support the government running, you just can't bring yourself to admit it.

anything
Fail on your part

Right on cue.
I asked you what I thought would be a simple question

You claim Dems want government to have complete control of our lives. I defined what I think is complete control......why can't you do the same?

I didn't claim that, actually. I just predicted your response. Which was... predictable.

anything
Fail on your part

so you know there's nothing you wouldn't support the government running, you just can't bring yourself to admit it.
Once again you fail to identify anything close to "full control"

You want an example? Universal Health insurance. Obama advocated a government controlled health system like Canada or England......Dems were against it

OK...now it's your turn
Ready to give me an example of full government control?

anything
Fail on your part

Once again you fail to identify anything close to "full control"

You want an example? Universal Health insurance. Obama advocated a government controlled health system like Canada or England......Dems were against it

OK...now it's your turn
Ready to give me an example of full government control?

Yep. Black and white statements like "full control" are always technically incorrect. Congrats.

But you continue to ignore the concern that prompts such claims. You seem utterly unwilling recognize constitutional limits on government power. That's why you get accused of wanting "full control".

Forum List

Back