san francisco may ban infant circumsion

It's barbaric ritual.

And imagine the poor kid, one of his first memories will be that of some stranger cutting off a piece of his manhood followed by his parents serving a catered lunch.

Yes, but it's okay to shove a scissors through the base of a baby boy's skull and suck his brain out. You liberals are sick fucks.

Yup.... if you can survive the liberals long enough to be born, then they care enough and will lecture you on how to live until the day you die. Unless you get sick, then they want to euthanize you fore the good of the collective.

Liberals are soooooo awesome.

No wonder the left hates God... they want to play God at every turn.

No room for the real God in that equation.

its the same as caring about that of children when they get molested etc

Circumcision has absolutely nothing to do with Child molestation.

It has nothing to do with health either so Drs should not be performing this act of mutilation.

Bull shit....

Circumcision controversy: To cut or not? - Health - Kids and parenting - Growing Up Healthy - msnbc.com

Last month, the National Institutes of Health published a surprising report in The Lancet showing that circumcision reduced a man's risk of contracting HIV, the AIDS virus, through heterosexual sex by 51 to 60 percent compared with men who were not circumcised. The findings were based on two trials in Africa involving more than 7,500 men and were halted early because the preliminary results were so striking.

Another study , published in the journal Pediatrics in November, followed 510 New Zealand newborns until age 25 and found that circumcision cut the risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases by about half.

These studies are just the latest to point to circumcision’s potential health benefits, says AAP president Dr. Jay E. Berkelhamer.

“There have probably been hundreds over the years showing that circumcised males have lower rates of urinary tract infections, penile cancer and a variety of STDs, including HIV,” says Berkelhamer.

Researchers believe that the warm, moist area under the foreskins of uncircumcised men may be a breeding ground for infections, though behavior, lifestyle and cleaning habits — not the foreskin — make the biggest impacts on health.

Sexual Health: Circumcision

What are the benefits of circumcision?

There is some evidence that circumcision has health benefits, including:

* A decreased risk of urinary tract infections.
* A reduced risk of sexually transmitted diseases in men.
* Protection against penile cancer and a reduced risk of cervical cancer in female sex partners.
* Prevention of balanitis (inflammation of the glans) and balanoposthitis (inflammation of the glans and foreskin).
* Prevention of phimosis (the inability to retract the foreskin) and paraphimosis (the inability to return the foreskin to its original location).

Circumcision also makes it easier to keep the end of the penis clean.

Note: Some studies show that good hygiene can help prevent certain problems with the penis, including infections and swelling, even if the penis is not circumcised. In addition, using a consom during sex will help prevent STDs and other infections.

It has nothing to do with health either so Drs should not be performing this act of mutilation.

When you can prove circumcision has an overwhelming detrimental impact on you, the kid, or society as a whole, then you can tell me what to do or not do with my kid. Until then, shut the fuck up. I'll enjoy my freedoms and you can enjoy yours. That's my view, and that's why I don't live in a shit hole like San Francisco.

"Shut the fuck up"

What a compelling argument. You must have been captain of your debate team.

what you got out of his post was the STFU.
What I got out of it was to keep the government out of my damn business......and he doesn't like frisco. I can't blame him for that one.

Circumcision has absolutely nothing to do with Child molestation.

Bull shit....

Circumcision controversy: To cut or not? - Health - Kids and parenting - Growing Up Healthy - msnbc.com

Last month, the National Institutes of Health published a surprising report in The Lancet showing that circumcision reduced a man's risk of contracting HIV, the AIDS virus, through heterosexual sex by 51 to 60 percent compared with men who were not circumcised. The findings were based on two trials in Africa involving more than 7,500 men and were halted early because the preliminary results were so striking.

Another study , published in the journal Pediatrics in November, followed 510 New Zealand newborns until age 25 and found that circumcision cut the risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases by about half.

These studies are just the latest to point to circumcision’s potential health benefits, says AAP president Dr. Jay E. Berkelhamer.

“There have probably been hundreds over the years showing that circumcised males have lower rates of urinary tract infections, penile cancer and a variety of STDs, including HIV,” says Berkelhamer.

Researchers believe that the warm, moist area under the foreskins of uncircumcised men may be a breeding ground for infections, though behavior, lifestyle and cleaning habits — not the foreskin — make the biggest impacts on health.

* Protection against penile cancer and a reduced risk of cervical cancer in female sex partners.
* Prevention of balanitis (inflammation of the glans) and balanoposthitis (inflammation of the glans and foreskin).
* Prevention of phimosis (the inability to retract the foreskin) and paraphimosis (the inability to return the foreskin to its original location).

Note: Some studies show that good hygiene can help prevent certain problems with the penis, including infections and swelling, even if the penis is not circumcised. In addition, using a consom during sex will help prevent STDs and other infections.

Show me where in that study in Africa where all other contributing factors such as hygiene, socioeconomic status, etc were ruled out and the only cause was being uncircumcised.

You can't. The best you can say is that there may be an added risk factor for being uncircumcised in Africa of contracting AIDS.

Bull shit....

Show me where in that study in Africa where all other contributing factors such as hygiene, socioeconomic status, etc were ruled out and the only cause was being uncircumcised.

You can't. The best you can say is that there may be an added risk factor for being uncircumcised in Africa of contracting AIDS.

Sure let's return to Africa. They did a study once on African poop too. Africans eat a lot of grain and fiber. They shit outdoors and their poops are huge. coincidently they don't suffer much from colon cancer either. just thought you ought to know, now argue that one whydonchya??

Male Circumcision Cuts Women
"Circumcision is also not widely practiced in certain countries in Europe, but cervical cancer rates are very low in these countries because screening is common.

Cervical cancer rates are very high in countries like Mexico and Brazil, where neither circumcision nor screening is widespread."

SF May Ban Infant Circumcision | NBC Bay Area

interesting debate... the baby obviously can't consent to it and its basically mutilating the kid so why should parents be allowed to have it done? if the ceremony was to cut their finger off I don't think it would be allowed...

Cutting off a piece of a person's penis without their consent, and the most sexually sensitive part at that, is absolutely abuse and should be illegal. Anyone with an ounce of common sense can see this. This is an excellent test of whether you're a free thinker or whether you just go along with whatever the society you live in says.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

interesting debate... the baby obviously can't consent to it and its basically mutilating the kid so why should parents be allowed to have it done? if the ceremony was to cut their finger off I don't think it would be allowed...

Cutting off a piece of a person's penis without their consent, and the most sexually sensitive part at that, is absolutely abuse and should be illegal. Anyone with an ounce of common sense can see this. This is an excellent test of whether you're a free thinker or whether you just go along with whatever the society you live in says.

Amazing. Another person who say "freethinker" when what they really mean is "Someone who agrees with me." I have to say it's funny that so many of you "Freethinkers" say exactly the same crap.

Bull shit....

Sure let's return to Africa. They did a study once on African poop too. Africans eat a lot of grain and fiber. They shit outdoors and their poops are huge. coincidently they don't suffer much from colon cancer either. just thought you ought to know, now argue that one whydonchya??

Diseases like AIDS and cervical cancer have a complex array of risk factors including social, environmental and cultural aspects that don't apply to digestive physiology.

Let's for argument sake agree that there is no health benefits to it.

Cosmetic Surgery has nothing to do with health either. Should we let anyone perform that now?

Cosmetic surgery done with consent is another matter.

Would a Dr give DD breast implants to a 2 year old?

For the right amount of money??? Plenty would.

Are parents allowed to pierce the ears of THEIR babies?

just saying

Do you really think putting a small hole in an ear lobe is analogous to permanently removing one of the most sensitive pieces of a male's body?

The kid doesn't remember shit about getting circumcized, nor how sensitive it was when it happend. I have no problem with people who don't have it circumsized, so leave my penis alone.

Where did I say I don't care about women?

Give me a break. You aren't willing to be circumcised to prevent cervical cancer. Your answer was "don't have sex" You definitely sound selfish to me.

men being circumcised does not guarantee a woman will not get cervical cancer.

And if you're so concerned about cancer in women, why aren't you advocating mastectomies for new born girls so as to prevent the incident of breast cancer?

LOL...I'll let you think about that one for a minute.....

Men think with their dicks apparently.

men being circumcised does not guarantee a woman will not get cervical cancer.

And if you're so concerned about cancer in women, why aren't you advocating mastectomies for new born girls so as to prevent the incident of breast cancer?

get over yourself, the more you talk the more you prove yourself to be a moron on the subject. keep your foreskin and be happy.

I was mutilated as a child. I had no choice.

So what...big deal. So was I but I don't live my life based on something that happened when I was 30 seconds old, and dont' remember on top of that. Don't for your opinion because you have a fantasy about having an ant-eater for a penis.

Forum List

Back