san francisco may ban infant circumsion

Ear piercing. Same about of pain involved.

What!

Ear piercing and a labiectomy. Same pain level?

How do you know how much pain is involved? Did you have your "pain-o-meter" with you when you were circumcized?

I happen to know a young man who was circumcised at 16. He bowed to social pressure to look like other boys. I still don't know why his parents allowed the procedure.

I talked to him about it and the pain was very real.

So tell me just because one cannot remember pain does that mean the pain did not exist? If we agree to use that as a standard, then any type of physical pain inflicted on infants is acceptable because what the hell, they won't remember it right?

Last edited:
SF May Ban Infant Circumcision | NBC Bay Area

interesting debate... the baby obviously can't consent to it and its basically mutilating the kid so why should parents be allowed to have it done? if the ceremony was to cut their finger off I don't think it would be allowed...

Cutting off a piece of a person's penis without their consent, and the most sexually sensitive part at that, is absolutely abuse and should be illegal. Anyone with an ounce of common sense can see this. This is an excellent test of whether you're a free thinker or whether you just go along with whatever the society you live in says.

It's not ok to circumsize a newborn, but it's ok to kill one in the mother's womb?

What!

Ear piercing and a labiectomy. Same pain level?

How do you know how much pain is involved? Did you have your "pain-o-meter" with you when you were circumcized?

I happen to know a young man who was circumcised at 16. He bowed to social pressure to look like other boys. I still don't know why his parents allowed the procedure.

So tell me just because one cannot remember pain does that mean the pain did not exist? If we agree to use that as a standard, then any type of physical pain inflicted on infants is acceptable because what the hell, they won't remember it right?

You suggest this as if a vast number of 16 year-olds are getting circumcisions. In this particular case, it's obviously the parent's fault for not doing it sooner, if they were going to do it at all. Did they put the boy to sleep? If I was a 16 year-old choosing to do this, then I would do it under the conditions of being put to sleep while it was done.

As far as causing pain to a child, you cause pain when you change a diaper when the child has a diaper rash. You cause pain when you give a child a shot, or when they prick their heal in the hospital to take blood. Pain is all in perspective...which is why some people have higher pain tolerances than others. Getting circumcized stems from religion.

There no negative physical or emotional effects from 99.9% of circumcized kids.

You suggest this as if a vast number of 16 year-olds are getting circumcisions. In this particular case, it's obviously the parent's fault for not doing it sooner, if they were going to do it at all. Did they put the boy to sleep? If I was a 16 year-old choosing to do this, then I would do it under the conditions of being put to sleep while it was done.

As far as causing pain to a child, you cause pain when you change a diaper when the child has a diaper rash. You cause pain when you give a child a shot, or when they prick their heal in the hospital to take blood. Pain is all in perspective...which is why some people have higher pain tolerances than others. Getting circumcized stems from religion.

The teen was under anesthesia for the procedure but as I'm sure you realize there is always post operative pain. It can take weeks for a circumcision to fully heal.

Again as long as you think that there was no pain it's OK? And are you really comparing the pain of a diaper rash to that of circumcision?

Tell me why do many countries ban ear cropping in dogs for being inhumane and many veterinarians in this country refuse to crop ears or dock tails even though it's not illegal yet it's perfectly fine to circumcise boys?

The teen was under anesthesia for the procedure but as I'm sure you realize there is always post operative pain. It can take weeks for a circumcision to fully heal.

Again as long as you think that there was no pain it's OK? And are you really comparing the pain of a diaper rash to that of circumcision?

Tell me why do many countries ban ear cropping in dogs for being inhumane and many veterinarians in this country refuse to crop ears or dock tails even though it's not illegal yet it's perfectly fine to circumcise boys?

I have someone close to me that was not circumsized and developed a severe infection when he was young. He was too embarrassed to tell anyone about it so it just got worse. He wishes every day that he was circumcized as a child.

I'm not comparing the two pains, but simply saying that children are caused pain all of the time. Most of the time they don't remember. The average person who is circumcized doesn't remember, and isn't affected by it later in life...that is of course unless their obssessed with it. I haven't given it a second thought until now, and it still doesn't bother me.

I have someone close to me that was not circumsized and developed a severe infection when he was young. He was too embarrassed to tell anyone about it so it just got worse. He wishes every day that he was circumcized as a child.

I'm not comparing the two pains, but simply saying that children are caused pain all of the time. Most of the time they don't remember. The average person who is circumcized doesn't remember, and isn't affected by it later in life...that is of course unless their obssessed with it. I haven't given it a second thought until now, and it still doesn't bother me.

And that's a reason to continue the practice?

When the only reason one can come up with is "It's done all the time" is that a good enough reason for intelligent people to continue said tradition?

It might be for you but it isn't for me.

When the only reason one can come up with is "It's done all the time" is that a good enough reason for intelligent people to continue said tradition?

Do you have little boys?

Is there a "Save the Foreskin" party?

Who are the "pro-foreskin" candidates?

Do you have little boys?

If you would have paid attention you would realize that I already told you I had a vasectomy when I was 25 because I didn't want kids.

Do you have little boys?

If you would have paid attention you would realize that I already told you I had a vasectomy when I was 25 because I didn't want kids.

I forgot. Sue me.

And the board emitted a collective sigh of relief :)

I would have been a good parent. Better than most I know that's for damn sure.

yea a good parent who would hot sauce and toss the kid in a cold shower....do tell.

I would never let it get to that point.

You consider a little Tabasco or a couple minutes in cool water to be abuse but you're just fine with hacking off one of the most sensitive parts of a male's body.

I just can't wrap my head around that type of contradictory thinking.

Well, the tobasco sauce and shower treatment is used as torture and punishment. Circumcision isn't.

I'm sure you can't get your mind around it. That's pretty obvious. And someone who can't distinguish between the issues is better off without children.

Circumcision is elective mutilation. There is not one sound medical reason to continue the practice.

total bullmal there skull...

Phimosis

So a less than 10% chance of tight foreskin is reason to subject all boys to circumcision?

Tell me what is a female's chance of getting breast cancer in her lifetime?

Should all girls have mastectomies at birth to prevent this disease which is arguably more severe than a tight foreskin?

Well, the tobasco sauce and shower treatment is used as torture and punishment. Circumcision isn't.

I'm sure you can't get your mind around it. That's pretty obvious. And someone who can't distinguish between the issues is better off without children.

We have very different definitions of torture.

A drop of Tabasco is not torture. A cool shower is not torture.

Cutting off parts of another's body for no good reason......torture?.

Forum List

Back