Sam Adams beer told to leave Obama's America!!!!

It is not a corporatocracy. That is just a way to attempt to remove the blame where it lays. Think about that and let it ferment for awhile. Who leads the charge that it is the corporations fault? And pushes that only more government can solve the problem? Yet the larger government gets the worse the problem. Think reallll carefully, and get back to me.
Who is in charge? Who allows any one, business or individual to influence them? It can't happen unless gov't allows it. That is the point.
What came first, the chicken or the egg? The horse or the cart? In the US of A, once government was established, and they began to regulate business, their own interests and pets eventually won out, rather than the people's.
Big government only allows for even further control by the interests of those elected and selected to govern.
No, it is bureacratically driven. Those in control have the power. If the govt officials impose regulations, fees, etc. that strangle start ups, it is on them, period. This nonsense of blaming big business for govt officials looking after their own interests, is simply ridiculous. Unless you are claiming they are being blackmailed with more than campaign contributions. That isn't what you are contending, is it?
Businesses haven't. Cities, states and feds have, with their policies, etc. If a business is given free rein, guess who holds those loose reins? Tight reins on smaller businesses? Once again, who is tightening those reins?
Who makes it difficult for businesses to start up and florish? Certainly some business models, or lack thereof, do, but many have the bureaucracy in their way.

Which is a natural condition in a corporatocracy.
Local/State and Federal governments make regulations for the specific purpose to make it impossible to start up and/or compete against corporations. Good God, the entire agribusiness is one big regulation designed by Monsanto executives.

I am contending they are becoming one big family.
Are you aware that the House/Senate made themselves immune from insider trading laws?
Are you aware that, During the Clinton administration, Larry Summers had Clinton push congress to remove the derivative market out of the jurisdiction of the SEC?? And then Summers himself went on to make $millions in the derivative markets...and Oh...Summers was also a key adviser to Obama in two capacities.

Exactly. And the result after 30 years of BOTH parties collusion with big money AGAINST the population has resulted in our current corporatocracy. An economy in which all or most of the benefit of production goes directly into the hands of a very-very-very-very small number of people.
And the government officials benefit greatly by investing into the same system they setup.
We do not have a free market anymore. Doesn't really even resemble one.

Does it hurt to be that stupid?

None of what I said was very controversial.

One of Reagan's main criticisms of postwar liberalism was its support for high union wages and benefits. Reagan's economic team, inspired by Friedman & Hayek, said that American business was handcuffed by the world's highest labor rates. He further speculated that by lowering labor rates and making them more competitive with the rest of the world, we would see more investment and thus higher economic growth. (You get this right? If investors are promised a higher rate of return, than they will be more likely to invest (and grow the economy). However, if investors are faced with punitively high labor rates, they will have less incentive to invest).

From this logic sprang a desire to remove all impediments to capital, including the regulatory, tax and labor policies common in the industrial west, which is well known for meddling in their economies to produce favorable social outcomes. (When bureaucrats meddle in the economy they distort the communication between supply and demand)

Reagan was associated with a movement called neoliberalism. (The liberalism referred to here is that of Adam Smith not Keynes). The primary goal of neoliberalism was/is to make the entire globe more compatible with the needs of capital investment - translation: low taxes, deregulation, cheap labor and floating exchange rates. The best way to secure the cheapest labor is to let capital go wherever it needs to go in order to get that labor. This is why capitalist production shifted to Communist China starting in the 80s, a shift which saw mass deindustrialization in the West, as nations like the USA traded industrial factories for shopping malls. This is when we went from being a nation of production (with high wages) to one consumption (with credit cards).

Here is the problem. You obviously don't understand the economic philosophy that drove Reaganomics, nor the reasons for shifting capitalist production to places like China.. You would do well to turn off talk radio and read Milton Friedman's "Capitalism & Freedom". You would find criticisms of Keynesian Liberals that actually match your anger.

One of Reagan's main criticisms of postwar liberalism was its support for high union wages and benefits. Reagan's economic team, inspired by Friedman & Hayek, said that American business was handcuffed by the world's highest labor rates. He further speculated that by lowering labor rates and making them more competitive with the rest of the world, we would see more investment and thus higher economic growth. (You get this right? If investors are promised a higher rate of return, than they will be more likely to invest (and grow the economy). However, if investors are faced with punitively high labor rates, they will have less incentive to invest).
Welcome to the global economy, which brings with it the global labor market.
:dunno:

looks like Bernie tried to close one of the corporate loopholes but no such LUCK!
GOP blocks Sanders proposal to close tax loophole
WASHINGTON — The Senate voted Tuesday to reject a proposal by Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont that would have created millions of infrastructure jobs and closed an "absurd" tax loophole to pay for the plan.

Fifty-two lawmakers opposed the proposal during votes on amendments to a GOP fiscal 2016 budget proposal. Forty-five supported it in the party-line vote.

The tax loopholes targeted by Sanders' amendment let corporations and wealthy Americans shift jobs and profits overseas, often to offshore tax havens like the Cayman Islands. Nearly $100 billion is lost annually to offshore tax dodging, according to the U.S. Treasury.

Sanders, an independent and and top-ranking minority member of the Senate Budget Committee, said Democrats and Republicans agree the country needs infrastructure improvements but disagree about how to pay for it.

"Our Republican friends are not particularly interested in investments in America," Sanders, who is considering a presidential run, said on the Senate floor. "Their idea of dealing with the deficit is to cut, cut, cut."

Sam Adams is hardly a "craft" brewer. I am sure they make small batches of certain beers but don't think anyone would classify the entire company as a craft brewer. In my opinion that would be like GE trying to define itself as a small business because a subsidiary produces a limited product. More of a company trying to use loopholes to pay less in taxes than a condemnation of "Obama/FDR liberals." There is nothing wrong with that because they are after all a business which primary objective is making money for investors/shareholders.

*Craft beer classification is a debate that has been raging for a minute now, and not just by big beer companies trying to get lower tax rates.

And yet I paid $3.42 a gallon for gas yesterday.
Sure glad I live in South Carolina down another 5 cents to $2.11, thanks Republicans you saved me over $25 bucks today :)
what do you pay for a gallon of milk ?
I don't drink milk, look at my AV do I look 10 years old?
. i noticed that prices fall from north to south. gas is going up fast. milk is close to 5$ per gallon. we are a dairy state, and the farmers are not getting the dough.
this breaks my heart: Milk glut leads to dumping - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News Weather and Sports-

which brings me back to sam adams, and beer. i brew my own ale. beer prices are outrageous. a tweler of long trail was almost twenty bucks at the quickmart. maybe we need a beer rebellion/rev war.
What the he'll? $5 bucks a gallon now for milk?

Why? I understand the egg prices (bird flu) , but as a single 50 year old guy I always eat out and found a local diner that serves breakfast.... Two eggs, toast, grits, sausage and coffee for $2.99

Going to go to the local supermarket (Ingles, big down here) soon and check out the price for a gallon of milk.
the whole process is wrong.

Sam Adams is hardly a "craft" brewer. I am sure they make small batches of certain beers but don't think anyone would classify the entire company as a craft brewer. In my opinion that would be like GE trying to define itself as a small business because a subsidiary produces a limited product. More of a company trying to use loopholes to pay less in taxes than a condemnation of "Obama/FDR liberals." There is nothing wrong with that because they are after all a business which primary objective is making money for investors/shareholders.

*Craft beer classification is a debate that has been raging for a minute now, and not just by big beer companies trying to get lower tax rates.
yeah, the OP's a fail. But I think the plan now is to sort of have three tiers of excise taxes, with guys like Sam Adams and soon to be Sierra Nev and New Belgium, in the middle. And the Coors/Molsons and bud-inbevs in the most taxed tier. I put up a link earlier. I'd do it again, but I'm in the process of mucking up my browser and background theme to get some text to show up in another application. )-:

I would argue with that.
The BBC is literally a drop in a barrel compared to AmBev/InBev. Not even in the same galaxy as the corporate giants.

29gn051.jpg

The price has barely budged in ten years. And it never got anywhere near the $5.00 you claimed.

Top Picks Most Requested Statistics U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Milk - Gallon Hannaford

what does this say about how "in touch" our "factfinding" government is with reality. as i say, vermont is a dairy state.

I would argue with that.
The BBC is literally a drop in a barrel compared to AmBev/InBev. Not even in the same galaxy as the corporate giants.
But BBC is not a craft brewer, in terms of a true regional. That's sort of the point. BBC doesn't want to be treated like it's Molson Coors/InBev, but it is not remotely like one of the local craft brews I could name that wouldn't mean anything to anyone outside my state and maybe the neighboring states.

29gn051.jpg

The price has barely budged in ten years. And it never got anywhere near the $5.00 you claimed.

Milk - Gallon Hannaford

what does this say about how "in touch" our "factfinding" government is with reality. as i say, vermont is a dairy state.
If your state's price of milk is higher than the national average, that is the fault of your state, not Obama. And it has nothing to do with Sam Adams trying to finagle a special tax break for themselves.

milk is close to 5$ per gallon.

Why do you assholes make up bullshit like this? Serious question. Why do you do it?
i'm not sure what you are asking.
I am asking why you are making shit up about milk being $5 a gallon. It isn't. Not even close (see post 67).

Why do you assholes make shit up?
Milk - Gallon Hannaford

this is from today's flier so it's pretty current. and i know it's true, cause i just bought $9.98's worth. why so hostile, i'll bet it's higher in alaska hawaii etc..

29gn051.jpg

Milk - Gallon Hannaford

If your state's price of milk is higher than the national average, that is the fault of your state, not Obama. And it has nothing to do with Sam Adams trying to finagle a special tax break for themselves.
i wasn't assigning any blame, just that the farmers aren't getting it and they are throwing milk away for no good reason.

Why do you assholes make up bullshit like this? Serious question. Why do you do it?
I am asking why you are making shit up about milk being $5 a gallon. It isn't. Not even close (see post 67).

Milk - Gallon Hannaford

this is from today's flier so it's pretty current. and i know it's true, cause i just bought $9.98's worth. why so hostile, i'll bet it's higher in alaska hawaii etc..
Looks like Vermont's milk hit an all time high in 2007 during Bush's America: http://www.nass.usda.gov/Statistics...nnual_Statistical_Bulletin/dairyplnts2011.pdf

I would argue with that.
But BBC is not a craft brewer, in terms of a true regional. That's sort of the point. BBC doesn't want to be treated like it's Molson Coors/InBev, but it is not remotely like one of the local craft brews I could name that wouldn't mean anything to anyone outside my state and maybe the neighboring states.
this thread is making me thirsty. :cool: i'm out.
along with the two gallons of milk came the twelver of ...sam adams.
so this thread is good for the whole economy.

Back in March-
Walmart’s Great Value brand Vitamin D milk sold for $3.68, while a gallon of McArthur Vitamin D milk on the next cooler shelf was priced at $5.98.

To give customers something extra, McArthur has a sticker saying that its opaque plastic container “Keeps light out and freshness in.” McArthur makes its own large plastic containers in Miami and asserts that the opaque option allows milk to last longer in your refrigerator.

Read more here: From 1929 to 2015 and beyond McArthur Dairy s got milk Miami Herald

I would argue with that.
But they still make an ocean of beer compared to many if not most craft brewers. That's where the problem is; the definition (volume) of "craft" brewers.

Milk - Gallon Hannaford

Looks like Vermont's milk hit an all time high in 2007 during Bush's America: http://www.nass.usda.gov/Statistics...nnual_Statistical_Bulletin/dairyplnts2011.pdf
Didn't W take away Jefford's tax breaks cause Jefford's wouldn't go along with the tax cut or something?

Forum List

Back