Sam Adams beer told to leave Obama's America!!!!

Maybe an answer is to give these companies a tax break on the amount of small batch beer they produce. Like a by the bottle kind of thing. They only pay x out of every dollar on a predetermined (state or local definition of craft) number of bottles. Maybe that is how it works or something like it already. I am not really a drinker so I don't know.

Maybe an answer is to give these companies a tax break on the amount of small batch beer they produce. Like a by the bottle kind of thing. They only pay x out of every dollar on a predetermined (state or local definition of craft) number of bottles. Maybe that is how it works or something like it already. I am not really a drinker so I don't know.
I think that's pretty much the compromise all the brewers worked out, and divides the tax categories into three tiers. Whether congress can actually manage to muster a vote ..... God probably has no clue.

Beer industry unites on excise tax releif issue - Beer News

what do you pay for a gallon of milk ?

29gn051.jpg

The price has barely budged in ten years. And it never got anywhere near the $5.00 you claimed.

Top Picks Most Requested Statistics U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Milk - Gallon Hannaford

what does this say about how "in touch" our "factfinding" government is with reality. as i say, vermont is a dairy state.
Gallon
Hannaford Whole Milk
Avreage Rating

Unit Price: 67¢/Per quart

$2.69

But they still make an ocean of beer compared to many if not most craft brewers. That's where the problem is; the definition (volume) of "craft" brewers.

I get it, but at the same time I have zero bad feelings for BBC. They are a great company that produces quality beer. And maybe that is the definition of craft brewing. Not how much quantity, one way or the other - but quality.
InBev/Ambev - Miller/Coors etc. makes a drink that simulates beer, poorly. They specifically choose ingredients to REDUCE flavor and aroma. The "dream beer" in the American adjuct lagers is one that taste exactly like water.

BTW - look at my avatar. Three Floyds...now that is good beer.

I think it would be hilarious if a beer named after an American patriot and President moved offshore and became an import beer.

Why hilarious rather than a manifestation of how sick and stupid libMarxist tax laws are!

Liberal tax laws? You know the corporate tax rate has been unchanged since the 80s, right? Right?

Right?

dear, liberals are for taxes while conservatives are opposed. Most children would know that just not adult liberals. What do you suppose makes liberals so stupid??

Its true. It seems the brewery gets visited frequently by investment banks and other advisers who tell them they can make a much larger after tax profit by moving in whole or in part off shore. Its a headache to move offshore of course but management has a fiduciary obligation to the owners to maximize profits.

Does anyone think its really really stupid for liberal tax laws to drive our corporations offshore this way, especially when low off shore wages already encourage our corporations to move?

How can the Obama/FDR( Great Depression) liberals be so stupid??

Fiduciary Obligation: Walking on tax from deferred income. That's $34M in five years.

I think it would be hilarious if a beer named after an American patriot and President moved offshore and became an import beer.

Why hilarious rather than a manifestation of how sick and stupid libMarxist tax laws are!
You mean the same corporate taxes we've had since Reagan? How does that make them Marxist? Why didn't Bush and the Republican Congress lower them?

You're being played, rube.

Liberal tax laws? You know the corporate tax rate has been unchanged since the 80s, right? Right?

Right?

dear, liberals are for taxes while conservatives are opposed. Most children would know that just not adult liberals. What do you suppose makes liberals so stupid??
Why didn't Bush and the GOP Congress lower them?

Sam Adams' parent company wants special treatment. Simple as that. And they are exploiting the rubes' ignorance to gain sympathy.

Why not drop all corporate taxes to zero and implement the FAIR tax? Then the tax rate would provide zero incentive for corporations to move overseas. Foreign corporations would also pay the tax. it's a win-win.

Sam Adams' parent company wants special treatment. Simple as that. And they are exploiting the rubes' ignorance to gain sympathy.

NO, they don't want special treatment. That's why they're going offshore. Then they'll get treated exactly the same as any other offshore company.

NO, they don't want special treatment. That's why they're going offshore. Then they'll get treated exactly the same as any other offshore company.

See post 6.

They are demanding a lower tax rate than what other large brewers pay. That's asking for special treatment.

Forum List

Back