This Article may be the Sillyest ever...

Meathead

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2012
Prague, Czech Republic
posted here:
This got me thinking. One: Why wouldn't Obama consult with Stewart, a man who is truly the Walter Cronkite (with more laughs) of our generation? And two: Would Stewart consider running for president?

Dean Obeidallah
Wait, before you dismiss this idea quickly, keep in mind that Sen. Al Franken, D-Minnesota, famously got his start as a comedic performer on "Saturday Night Live." And there's of course Ronald Reagan, who had a career as a B-level actor before becoming president.

If Stewart became president, his press conferences and presidential addresses would be the most entertaining ever. Instead of mimicking past presidents who offered us solemn, direct to camera speeches, Stewart would add flashy graphics and jokes that help him make his point. I bet some of President Stewart's speeches would go viral.

Stewart would be the left's answer to Donald Trump. While Trump offers horrific comments about Mexicans and POWs, Stewart would be making us smarter while crushing The Donald with comedic jibes. Plus a Trump-Stewart presidential debate would be such a huge draw that it could be the first presidential debate ever on pay-per-view.

Jon Stewart for president Opinion - CNN.com

Jon Stewart has a serious side. You can hang up the 'most entertaining Presidency' concept if he became President.

Jon Stewart has a serious side. You can hang up the 'most entertaining Presidency' concept if he became President.

Meat4brains doesn't understand that in order to be a successful political satirist like Stewart you have to be really smart.

And yes, just like Franken, he would engage his serious side and deal with the issues if he entered politics.

The OP doesn't have a clue.

Meat4brains doesn't understand that in order to be a successful political satirist like Stewart you have to be really smart.

And yes, just like Franken, he would engage his serious side and deal with the issues if he entered politics.
The OP is far more clued-in than you are. I regret the dumbing down of America. While I and mine will not be directly affected, it sucks that America is becoming a third-world shit hole.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back