‘Salute to America’ Attendees Say the Long Wait, Heavy Rain Was Worth It

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
The-Trumps-Salute-to-America-640x480.jpg

I would say that was the mood of over 90% of the people who were there.

The only ones who didn’t enjoy it was the hand full of protesters and their deflated balloon.

He (Birch) said that he liked that the speech “was focused on the nation, that it was non-partisan, that it was really about Independence Day was about.”

It was about acknowledging the men and women who have died for our freedom. And that was great,” he said. “He did a very good job covering all the branches of the armed forces, and even the people he acknowledged before he got started. I mean, really, some of them were tearing up, some of us were tearing up…it was great.”

There was also criticism of some attendees being given “VIP” tickets for the show, for seats closer to where the president would speak in front of the Lincoln Memorial.

But many of those attendees were military families, like Bill Wheatley’s, from Stockton, New Jersey.

I’m just here to celebrate the Fourth of July and Independence Day and you know have a good time, and be with my family,” Wheatley told Breitbart News.

My son is going to Marine [Officer Candidate School] on Sunday, he reports, so we want to spend some time together. My daughter is in Army basic training right now, so we just wanted to come and be together and celebrate our great country and our freedom and that we’re able to do this and just come here and have a nice time,” he said.

More @ 'Salute to America' Attendees Say the Long Wait, Rain, Was Worth It

Democrats are well known for taking hundreds of tickets then not showing up. See how many empty seats there were!

Forum List

Back