Saints/Seahawks...

Russell Wilson, 9/18, 103 yards. Elite, elite, elite!

Alex Smith, 30/46, 378 yards, 4TD, 0Int. Game manager, game manager, game manager!

Are the Cheaps still in it? Did I miss something?

Congrats to the Saints... Hope we get to play you again next season.
The difference is, the Chiefs lost in spite of Smith's performance, and the Seahawks won in spite of the Mediocre Mulatto's Performance.

Enjoy the luck while you have it, Wigger Pete and his slavehands will not win the Superbowl.

QBs are over rated. Defenses win championships.

Are the Cheaps still in it? Did I miss something?

Congrats to the Saints... Hope we get to play you again next season.
The difference is, the Chiefs lost in spite of Smith's performance, and the Seahawks won in spite of the Mediocre Mulatto's Performance.

Enjoy the luck while you have it, Wigger Pete and his slavehands will not win the Superbowl.

That's a fallacy.................... Advanced NFL Stats: Does Defense Win Championships?

Today was a good example of a great defensive team almost losing a game they should have DOMINATED. A few lucky bounces/breaks and the Saints could have marched home with a victory.

Last edited:

That's a fallacy.................... Advanced NFL Stats: Does Defense Win Championships?

Today was a good example of a great defensive team almost losing a game they should have DOMINATED. A few lucky bounces/breaks and the Saints could have marched home with a victory.

The Saints did get all the lucky bounces in the game. There should have been two easy ints but too many Seahawks collided at the ball and one of those collisions the ball bounced right into a Saint's hands for a long reception.

Now the Saints can just march onto thier plane, get the fuck outta our town, lick thier wounds and get ready to watch the better teams play from thier couches.

Get used to it. Th road to the superbowl in the NFC will go right through the Century Link field for seasons to come.

Last edited:
The N O player that intentionally tried to take Harvin's head off on that first long pass needs to be fined heavely for that cheap shot. There is no place for that kind of purposefully attempting to injure a reciever or any player in that manner.

The N O player that intentionally tried to take Harvin's head off on that first long pass needs to be fined heavely for that cheap shot. There is no place for that kind of purposefully attempting to injure a reciever or any player in that manner.
He was blinded by those Arena Football colored jersey's.

what was REALLY bullshit about that, is not only should he be heavily fined for that hit but he SHOULD have been ejected from the game.Now that is REALLY bullshit that they let him stay in.:mad:

He was obviously trying to take harvins head off and keep him out of the game.

It worked to because if harvin had just had that onc hit to his head when landing in the end zone,he would have been okay to stay in the game but that prior hit,the personal foul penalty taking place before it,was too much for him to overcome.

Yeah thats an overrated myth by sportscasters that defenses win championships.

as I said before Hug,try telling that to the former players of the kansas city chiefs and their fans that defense wins championships. remember 1995? the colts/chiefs playoff game with Jim harbaugh? that defense dominated teams the entire season carrying them into the playoffs but once they got there,they were one and done thanks to pitiful play by the quaretback steve bonhead throwing 3 interceptions at home witht he colts going on to win 10-7.

then in 97,they had a DOMINATIING defense that year with several pro bowl players,the best record in the NFL,and caused nightmares for opposing offenses all year long.they had probably the best defense that year in team history.they were so dominating,most football people thought they were the best team in the NFL that year. what happened in the firtst round of the playoffs that year? they were at HOME again against the Broncos and they LOST 14-10

the fact that wilson threw for less than a hundred yards against a CRAPPY defense,i have lost faith in the hawks now.you think they'll beat the niners who will probably be the opponent if they keep playing like this? dont think so.they had an entire week to get their act together on offense and they STILL have not done so.you cant keep couting on your defense to bail you out time after time like that.eventually that will catch up with you.thanks god baldwin was able to hold on to that great catch he made to set up Lynches touchdown run.

Last edited:
Defense wins championships? :lol:

The 9ers are giving football fans a preview of how they plan to beat Seattle and their vaunted "defense" next week. The Carolina Panthers are Seattle dopplegangers- A good defense -with a one trick pony QB with nobody to throw to, and one good RB.....

Seattle's offense had better step up if they expect to beat the 9ers....

Should be a great game!!

go 9ers!!!

The 9ers have shown in the last two times they came into Seattle that they have a very difficult time scoring on the Seahawks.

I don't think we will beat them 29-3 like the first time this year...and I don't think we will lose by 2 pts like we did in SF.

I see it more like 24-10 Seattle.

Defense wins championships? :lol:

The 9ers are giving football fans a preview of how they plan to beat Seattle and their vaunted "defense" next week. The Carolina Panthers are Seattle dopplegangers- A good defense -with a one trick pony QB with nobody to throw to, and one good RB.....

Seattle's offense had better step up if they expect to beat the 9ers....

Should be a great game!!

go 9ers!!!

Liked the post all the way up to the point you said -go 9ers!!!

The 9ers have shown in the last two times they came into Seattle that they have a very difficult time scoring on the Seahawks.

I don't think we will beat them 29-3 like the first time this year...and I don't think we will lose by 2 pts like we did in SF.

Yeah but the saints showed the same thing there earlier in their this visit this year and yet came close to pulling it off at the end.If not for that receiver being stupid not running out of bounds,Brees gets one more shot down in the end zone and who knows what happens.

also had the saints not fumbled the ball early on,we dont win that game.You cant count on Gore a much better running back than any the saints have,doing the same thing.

Yeah but the saints showed the same thing there earlier in their this visit this year and yet came close to pulling it off at the end.If not for that receiver being stupid not running out of bounds,Brees gets one more shot down in the end zone and who knows what happens.

also had the saints not fumbled the ball early on,we dont win that game.You cant count on Gore a much better running back than any the saints have,doing the same thing.

The Saints game has no bearing on this game. First of all we beat the Saints twice. It baffles me how all you doubters diss regard the conditions last Saturday in Seattle. The winds were steady at nearly 30 MPH blowing from every direction with gust up to 50 mph. Much of the time it was raining a monsoon with water droplets the size of walnuts blowing sideways on the field. How is that possible? The water that accumulates on the top of the stadium gets blown off in sheets that's how. So just take your "last game" anaysis and shove it where the sun don't shine. It won't apply to this Sunday's game. Wilson Will not be afraid to throw the ball anywhere on the field and make a play. You think Russell's little misses last Saturday compared to Brees's joke passes that were NO WHERE CLOSE ???

Here's the deal Shameel. We have more bigger faster and harder hitting players in our defensive backfield than the Whiners have to go out and catch passes. EVERY one of our DB's, Safeties, Corners and Linebackers are faster and LOVE to single cover. The game between Gore and Lynch will be a push but the GAME between Kraponhisdick and our defense will have the SAME results as the last two times they brought thier stank asses into OUR stadium.

Oh ya... then there is the noise...and the ground shaking. It is real..It IS a distraction.

There is no fuckin way in hell that group of pussies comes into our stadium and walks out a player in Superbowl 48 ... NO FUCKIN WAY JOSE'.

Talk is cheap. Winning is hard. Winning the Superbowl is even harder.

I think Pete Carroll is a very good coach and an outstanding communicator and speaker. He's also a very nice guy who works tirelessly on behalf of the team.

I met him at a fundraiser in LA a few years ago- he was like a force of nature.- boundless enthusiasm and a genuine love of the game. I (and millions of other Trojan fans) was truly sad to see him go.

IMHO, He has done an excellent job in Seattle. But until he wins a Superbowl, he's just one of many excellent coaches in the league.

Well....?????

:lol:

Forum List

Back