Saggy Pants Protests Taken To The Streets

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by Tank, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Tank

Tank Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,978
    NC group protests saggy pants
    Posted: Oct 12, 2010 2:52 AM PDT
    Pull your pants up!

One group in Winston-salem, NC is sending that message to local youth who wear sagging pants. Protestors marched through the city Sunday chanting "Pull them up!"

Ken Rasheed and his wife organized the march in hopes of forming a committee and presenting the saggy pants issue to city council. Rasheed says the local youth needs a wake up call before it's too late.

NC group protests saggy pants - WIS News 10 - Columbia, South Carolina |

Please comply with the board's copyright policy. I will not fix it for you again. I'll remove the thread from public view. Gunny

2. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,950
    Now, just imagine how this horrid protest will be see in the socially advanced provinces or Europe, where wearing one's pants in this manner is considered a 'human right'...you know, like universal healthcare.

I can just hear it now: "Those damn atavistic Americans...when will they grow up!"

"Yob wins right to wear trousers that show his underpants after judge said Asbo ruling would 'breach human rights'

A teenager has struck an unwelcome victory for young thugs after an order to stop him wearing low-slung trousers and a hooded top was scrapped because it breached his ‘human rights’. "

Read more: Judge says Asbo ruling on low-slung trousers would 'breach human rights' | Mail Online

3. Ozmar

Ozmar This tree will shoot you.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Human rights or not, it's fucking retarded to try and make a law telling people not to wear baggy pants. If someone wants to be stupid and unprofessional enough to go to a job interview dressed like a thug, they deserve to have their file thrown out. As an aside, it must get really fucking annoying having to alter the stance of your stride when you walk due to the awkwardness of having your pants constantly slipping down, and having to hold them.

[​IMG] I tried that style in my late teens, and it got to be too annoying, and it looked stupid. Never as low as the ones in the pictutre, though.

4. Vel

Vel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,914
    No.. I don't want to see the practice banned. I want to know if the person asking me for a job is stupid or not. Sagging pants answer that question without me even having to speak to them.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,379
    The protest shows that the wearers are antagonizing their elders...just what they intended to do.

Banning them just enhances their outlaw/gangsta image as they ignore the ban.

Best to just ignore them, say to yourself that they look like idiots, and like Vel just said...if one comes in looking for a job like that....Don't hire them

6. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    slow news day in mayberry, huh?

7. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,657
    Reminds me of elders going after guys with long hair in the 60s. How did that work?

8. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    i got a haircut.

long hair is a pain in the ass

9. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    The cops don't want saggy pants banned! Not at all.

Why you may ask? Who wants to look at another mans BVD's, may come to mind?

Imagine you are a cop lugging around 20 pounds of crap on your belt.
    You see a wanted man, "Stop you're under arrest."
    man runs. With normal pants on, there is a good chance he gets away. With saggy pants on, he's slowed b/c he has to pull them up and hold them up constantly, thus making the cops job much easier.

Don't beleive me? Ask any cop.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  10. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    I personally find the ultra-gothic look to be ridiculous, and the new skinny jean trend as well. I realize, however, that I have no right to force my opinion on those who wear gothic clothes or skinny jeans, and that if I don't like their fashion I can look elsewhere. Common sense solutions just seem to make more sense, ironically, than trying to use the force of government to make people conform to my own values.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1