Saggy Pants Protests Taken To The Streets

Tank

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2009
NC group protests saggy pants
Posted: Oct 12, 2010 2:52 AM PDT
Pull your pants up!

One group in Winston-salem, NC is sending that message to local youth who wear sagging pants. Protestors marched through the city Sunday chanting "Pull them up!"

Ken Rasheed and his wife organized the march in hopes of forming a committee and presenting the saggy pants issue to city council. Rasheed says the local youth needs a wake up call before it's too late.

NC group protests saggy pants - WIS News 10 - Columbia, South Carolina |

Please comply with the board's copyright policy. I will not fix it for you again. I'll remove the thread from public view. Gunny

NC group protests saggy pants
Posted: Oct 12, 2010 2:52 AM PDT
Pull your pants up!

One group in Winston-salem, NC is sending that message to local youth who wear sagging pants. Protestors marched through the city Sunday chanting "Pull them up!"

Ken Rasheed and his wife organized the march in hopes of forming a committee and presenting the saggy pants issue to city council. Rasheed says the local youth needs a wake up call before it's too late.

"Everyone is trying to keep up with fashion," Rasheed said Sunday. "There's a lot of peer pressure now with these young folks, and they don't understand some of the ramifications that's involved with this."

Some of those ramifications include continued unemployment.

"You go in these places looking for jobs with your pants hanging down, that means that your file is already thrown in the trash or pushed to the side," said Michael Buston, who participated in the march.

Two years ago, another group asked the Winston-Salem city council to ban saggy pants, but the measure never passed.

NC group protests saggy pants - WIS News 10 - Columbia, South Carolina |

Now, just imagine how this horrid protest will be see in the socially advanced provinces or Europe, where wearing one's pants in this manner is considered a 'human right'...you know, like universal healthcare.

I can just hear it now: "Those damn atavistic Americans...when will they grow up!"

"Yob wins right to wear trousers that show his underpants after judge said Asbo ruling would 'breach human rights'

A teenager has struck an unwelcome victory for young thugs after an order to stop him wearing low-slung trousers and a hooded top was scrapped because it breached his ‘human rights’. "

Read more: Judge says Asbo ruling on low-slung trousers would 'breach human rights' | Mail Online

Human rights or not, it's fucking retarded to try and make a law telling people not to wear baggy pants. If someone wants to be stupid and unprofessional enough to go to a job interview dressed like a thug, they deserve to have their file thrown out. As an aside, it must get really fucking annoying having to alter the stance of your stride when you walk due to the awkwardness of having your pants constantly slipping down, and having to hold them.

tumblr_kt43um7Eo51qaplero1_500.jpg
I tried that style in my late teens, and it got to be too annoying, and it looked stupid. Never as low as the ones in the pictutre, though.

No.. I don't want to see the practice banned. I want to know if the person asking me for a job is stupid or not. Sagging pants answer that question without me even having to speak to them.

The protest shows that the wearers are antagonizing their elders...just what they intended to do.

Banning them just enhances their outlaw/gangsta image as they ignore the ban.

Best to just ignore them, say to yourself that they look like idiots, and like Vel just said...if one comes in looking for a job like that....Don't hire them

The cops don't want saggy pants banned! Not at all.

Why you may ask? Who wants to look at another mans BVD's, may come to mind?

Imagine you are a cop lugging around 20 pounds of crap on your belt.
You see a wanted man, "Stop you're under arrest."
man runs. With normal pants on, there is a good chance he gets away. With saggy pants on, he's slowed b/c he has to pull them up and hold them up constantly, thus making the cops job much easier.

Don't beleive me? Ask any cop.

I personally find the ultra-gothic look to be ridiculous, and the new skinny jean trend as well. I realize, however, that I have no right to force my opinion on those who wear gothic clothes or skinny jeans, and that if I don't like their fashion I can look elsewhere. Common sense solutions just seem to make more sense, ironically, than trying to use the force of government to make people conform to my own values.

Hey easy on the saggy pants morons, us aged challanged like the help in attracting the young hotties.

The cops don't want saggy pants banned! Not at all.

Why you may ask? Who wants to look at another mans BVD's, may come to mind?

Imagine you are a cop lugging around 20 pounds of crap on your belt.
You see a wanted man, "Stop you're under arrest."
man runs. With normal pants on, there is a good chance he gets away. With saggy pants on, he's slowed b/c he has to pull them up and hold them up constantly, thus making the cops job much easier.

Don't beleive me? Ask any cop.
My brother-in-law actually caught a guy that ran from him and tripped when his pants fell down. :lol:

Back in the early to mid 90's we were crackin' some beers on the front porch and this kid went strollin' by with his pants saggin down. My buddy yelled, "Hey WTF kid? Pull your pants up". The kid yelled, "It's a revolution". I said "Revolution for what? Stupidity?"

That style is still goin strong... Fuckin' crazy.

Last edited:
Back in the early to mid 90's we were crackin' some beers on the front porch and this kid went strollin' by with his pants saggin down. My buddy yelled, "Hey WTF kid? Pull your pants up". The kid yelled, "It's a revolution". I said "Revolution for what? Stupidity?"

A revolution? I weep for the gen Y generation.

Where did this fashion come from?

The california prison system. It's one of the ways gang member ID themselves.

Yep...and the way low down pants indicate they are available for the low down.

I didn't start in prison; it's started in poor mostly-black urban areas where there's a greater chance of moving to the penitentiary than to the suburbs.

Baggy pants are more of a fashion statement in the middle class, but it started out as a product of poverty and remains a necessity instead of a statement in the inner city.

You wore pants that were too big and sagged because they were your older brother's hand-me-downs; your parents couldn't afford to buy you your own pair. Your mom tells you "you'll grow into them". And all the other guys at elementary and middle school are also wearing their older brother's too-big pants, so it becomes a solidarity type of thing. "You're wearing baggy pants too; you're poor like me, so you know where I'm coming from". Even when you did grow into them later, you kept them sagged as a way to say "I grew up in the hood; I know what it's like".

Like most fashions, it started in the inner city and then moved to suburbs where it loses its original meaning.

I didn't start in prison; it's started in poor mostly-black urban areas where there's a greater chance of moving to the penitentiary than to the suburbs.

Baggy pants are more of a fashion statement in the middle class, but it started out as a product of poverty and remains a necessity instead of a statement in the inner city.

You wore pants that were too big and sagged because they were your older brother's hand-me-downs; your parents couldn't afford to buy you your own pair. Your mom tells you "you'll grow into them". And all the other guys at elementary and middle school are also wearing their older brother's too-big pants, so it becomes a solidarity type of thing. "You're wearing baggy pants too; you're poor like me, so you know where I'm coming from". Even when you did grow into them later, you kept them sagged as a way to say "I grew up in the hood; I know what it's like".

Like most fashions, it started in the inner city and then moved to suburbs where it loses its original meaning.

Is that your educated hypothesis, or is there something to back this up?

Forum List

Back