Sadaam Is Going To Sue

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by GotZoom, May 20, 2005.

1. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
    If we're going to talk about lawsuits, let's start the list of everything he can be sued for! I think his attorney is more worried about his own pocket than Sadaam's image.

-------
    Saddam to sue over prison photos

Saddam Hussein plans to take legal action after a British newspaper published photos of him half-naked in his prison cell and doing his washing.

"We will sue the newspaper and everyone who helped in showing these pictures," said Saddam Hussein's chief lawyer Ziad Al-Khasawneh, speaking from Jordan.

The Sun newspaper said it would fight any legal action and said it planned to publish more photos on Saturday.

The US has launched an investigation into how the photos were leaked.

The US military and legal experts said the photos - possibly taken more than a year ago - may breach Geneva Convention rules on the humane treatment of prisoners of war.

The conventions say countries must protect prisoners of war in their custody from "public curiosity".

Saddam Hussein is being held by US troops at an undisclosed location in Iraq as he awaits trial on numerous charges, including murdering rivals, gassing Iraqi Kurds and using violence to suppress uprisings.

'Aggressive' investigation

The photos show the 68-year-old former leader with a moustache, rather than the beard he sported when he was captured in December 2003, and again when he appeared in court last July.

The Sun's front page showed him wearing a pair of white underpants.

Other pictures show him washing his trousers, shuffling around and sleeping.

These pictures are an extraordinary iconic news image that will still be being looked at the end of this century

The Sun quoted US military sources who said they handed over the pictures in the hope of dealing a blow to the resistance in Iraq.

"It's important that the people of Iraq see him like that to destroy the myth," the paper's source was quoted as saying.

However, several Arab commentators have suggested the photos could increase anti-American feeling in the region.

Khaled al-Maeena, the editor of Saudi Arabia's Arab News told the BBC the photos would be seen as "an insult and an affront".

The Sun's managing editor Graham Dudman defended the decision to publish the images.

"People seem to forget that this is a man who is responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of men, women and children and all that's happened to him is someone has taken his picture," he told BBC Radio 4's PM programme.

"This is a sort of modern-day Adolf Hitler. These pictures are an extraordinary iconic news image that will still be being looked at the end of this century."

A statement from the US military said it was "disappointed at the possibility that someone responsible for the security, welfare, and detention of Saddam would take and provide these photos for public release".

The US military would "aggressively" investigate, the statement said.

But President George W Bush said he did not think the photos would encourage insurgents in Iraq.

"I don't think a photo inspires murderers. I think they're inspired by an ideology that's so barbaric and backwards that it's hard for many in the Western world to comprehend how they think."

2. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    sadam should be happy about the photos unless that is a sock

3. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Then again they may be Haynes...what is he going to sue for...outsourcing?
    Was watching Wolf Blitzer on CNN his voice inflection when reporting this was with (!)...he is so full of himself...And having served in the military I cannot for the life of me recall photos of a POW in BVD'sbeing in viloation with the Geneva convention...oh well maybe I was asleep during this presentation... :rolleyes:

4. Yurt

Yurt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,038

Dammit Jim, I'm a Doctor..... Man you kill me

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626

thank you....i'll be here all week...try the veal...check your rep!

6. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    geez, talk about nothing better to do.

7. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +490
    Yes, I can just see a whole bunch of women swooning over that sack of pig feces.....

The only action he's going to see is at the end of a rifle or better yet a noose....

As for the disposal of his body.... he should be buried in an unknown location so that no shrine can be erected to him.... perhaps a burial at sea would be best

P.S. I wish I had a say in how this monster dies.... my vote.... slice him about 1/2 inch at a time, starting at the feet..... when he dies, put him into a sausage machine and feed him to swine (a Saddami Salami --- kinda catchy!) ... a fitting end to the varmit.... he lived like a pig, let him die and become part of a pig.... let his bones be buried in pig crap.....

8. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +490
    He bribed Russia He bribed France
    Now we see him in his underpants! :)

What brand does he wear? Fruit of the Goon!

BVD = Baathist Villian and Dictator

9. yeula

yeula Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    What is the United States of America if we do not have rule of law? How is the US any different from the former Iraq if we don't have the US Constitution?

When the Supreme Court gave the Executive Branch to Bush they broke our laws since he was never elected to it. When the Legislative Branch gave the Executive Branch the power to start a war they broke our Constitution. Every branck of our government is illegal and illegitimate.

Saddam cannot be compared to Hitler since nothing he has done identifies him with Hitler and his crimes. George Bush can be compared to Hitler in the following way. At Nuremberg the precedent was set that if one nation attacks another soverign nation that has done nothing to it then that is a war crime. That was Hitler's crime and that is Bush's crime. btw reporters who helped Hitler sell his agenda were tried at Nurmeberg, found guilty, and executed. Oh how I would like to see Wolf Blitzer at the International Court in The Hague. With any luck we shall.

Of course it is breaking the Geneva Convention to publish photos of Saddam and to bring shame to him. How pathetic the lowlifes must be who can find victory only in such a dishonorable fashion. It takes no courage and no honor to publish such photos and they reflect badly on the US, not Saddam. They serve to demonstrate how far the US has fallen and how low we have been brought by those who have stolen power and who are not statesmen.

What is there to stop the bunch who have stolen power in the US? If they trash our Consitution then what would prevent them from going against the UN, the Geneva Conventions or anything else that stands in their way?

Galloway recently demonstrated what would happen if someone were to stand up to the republicans. The problem is we don't have any Democrats to stand up to them and stop them so the people of this country are left to our own devices and one day we may take to the streets. The sooner the better.

Check out info about the hero Galloway here - this expresses my sentiments. http://stangoff.com/index.php?p=102

The US Congress is respected and feared long after it no longer deserves our respect and honor. We need to clean it out along with what passes for media in this country.

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Oh you are going to be very popular around here! Anyhow, thanks for being the first person ever that I rep'd on their first post!