Sadaam Is Going To Sue

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
If we're going to talk about lawsuits, let's start the list of everything he can be sued for! I think his attorney is more worried about his own pocket than Sadaam's image.

-------
Saddam to sue over prison photos

Saddam Hussein plans to take legal action after a British newspaper published photos of him half-naked in his prison cell and doing his washing.

"We will sue the newspaper and everyone who helped in showing these pictures," said Saddam Hussein's chief lawyer Ziad Al-Khasawneh, speaking from Jordan.

The Sun newspaper said it would fight any legal action and said it planned to publish more photos on Saturday.

The US has launched an investigation into how the photos were leaked.

The US military and legal experts said the photos - possibly taken more than a year ago - may breach Geneva Convention rules on the humane treatment of prisoners of war.

The conventions say countries must protect prisoners of war in their custody from "public curiosity".

Saddam Hussein is being held by US troops at an undisclosed location in Iraq as he awaits trial on numerous charges, including murdering rivals, gassing Iraqi Kurds and using violence to suppress uprisings.

'Aggressive' investigation

The photos show the 68-year-old former leader with a moustache, rather than the beard he sported when he was captured in December 2003, and again when he appeared in court last July.

The Sun's front page showed him wearing a pair of white underpants.

Other pictures show him washing his trousers, shuffling around and sleeping.

These pictures are an extraordinary iconic news image that will still be being looked at the end of this century

The Sun quoted US military sources who said they handed over the pictures in the hope of dealing a blow to the resistance in Iraq.

"It's important that the people of Iraq see him like that to destroy the myth," the paper's source was quoted as saying.

However, several Arab commentators have suggested the photos could increase anti-American feeling in the region.

Khaled al-Maeena, the editor of Saudi Arabia's Arab News told the BBC the photos would be seen as "an insult and an affront".

The Sun's managing editor Graham Dudman defended the decision to publish the images.

"People seem to forget that this is a man who is responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of men, women and children and all that's happened to him is someone has taken his picture," he told BBC Radio 4's PM programme.

"This is a sort of modern-day Adolf Hitler. These pictures are an extraordinary iconic news image that will still be being looked at the end of this century."

A statement from the US military said it was "disappointed at the possibility that someone responsible for the security, welfare, and detention of Saddam would take and provide these photos for public release".

The US military would "aggressively" investigate, the statement said.

But President George W Bush said he did not think the photos would encourage insurgents in Iraq.

"I don't think a photo inspires murderers. I think they're inspired by an ideology that's so barbaric and backwards that it's hard for many in the Western world to comprehend how they think."

manu1959 said:
sadam should be happy about the photos unless that is a sock

Then again they may be Haynes...what is he going to sue for...outsourcing?
Was watching Wolf Blitzer on CNN his voice inflection when reporting this was with (!)...he is so full of himself...And having served in the military I cannot for the life of me recall photos of a POW in BVD'sbeing in viloation with the Geneva convention...oh well maybe I was asleep during this presentation... :rolleyes:

manu1959 said:
sadam should be happy about the photos unless that is a sock
Yes, I can just see a whole bunch of women swooning over that sack of pig feces.....

The only action he's going to see is at the end of a rifle or better yet a noose....

As for the disposal of his body.... he should be buried in an unknown location so that no shrine can be erected to him.... perhaps a burial at sea would be best

P.S. I wish I had a say in how this monster dies.... my vote.... slice him about 1/2 inch at a time, starting at the feet..... when he dies, put him into a sausage machine and feed him to swine (a Saddami Salami --- kinda catchy!) ... a fitting end to the varmit.... he lived like a pig, let him die and become part of a pig.... let his bones be buried in pig crap.....

archangel said:
Then again they may be Haynes...what is he going to sue for...outsourcing?
Was watching Wolf Blitzer on CNN his voice inflection when reporting this was with (!)...he is so full of himself...And having served in the military I cannot for the life of me recall photos of a POW in BVD'sbeing in viloation with the Geneva convention...oh well maybe I was asleep during this presentation... :rolleyes:

He bribed Russia He bribed France
Now we see him in his underpants! :)

What brand does he wear? Fruit of the Goon!

BVD = Baathist Villian and Dictator

What is the United States of America if we do not have rule of law? How is the US any different from the former Iraq if we don't have the US Constitution?

When the Supreme Court gave the Executive Branch to Bush they broke our laws since he was never elected to it. When the Legislative Branch gave the Executive Branch the power to start a war they broke our Constitution. Every branck of our government is illegal and illegitimate.

Saddam cannot be compared to Hitler since nothing he has done identifies him with Hitler and his crimes. George Bush can be compared to Hitler in the following way. At Nuremberg the precedent was set that if one nation attacks another soverign nation that has done nothing to it then that is a war crime. That was Hitler's crime and that is Bush's crime. btw reporters who helped Hitler sell his agenda were tried at Nurmeberg, found guilty, and executed. Oh how I would like to see Wolf Blitzer at the International Court in The Hague. With any luck we shall.

Of course it is breaking the Geneva Convention to publish photos of Saddam and to bring shame to him. How pathetic the lowlifes must be who can find victory only in such a dishonorable fashion. It takes no courage and no honor to publish such photos and they reflect badly on the US, not Saddam. They serve to demonstrate how far the US has fallen and how low we have been brought by those who have stolen power and who are not statesmen.

What is there to stop the bunch who have stolen power in the US? If they trash our Consitution then what would prevent them from going against the UN, the Geneva Conventions or anything else that stands in their way?

Galloway recently demonstrated what would happen if someone were to stand up to the republicans. The problem is we don't have any Democrats to stand up to them and stop them so the people of this country are left to our own devices and one day we may take to the streets. The sooner the better.

Check out info about the hero Galloway here - this expresses my sentiments. http://stangoff.com/index.php?p=102

The US Congress is respected and feared long after it no longer deserves our respect and honor. We need to clean it out along with what passes for media in this country.

yeula said:
What is the United States of America if we do not have rule of law? How is the US any different from the former Iraq if we don't have the US Constitution?

When the Supreme Court gave the Executive Branch to Bush they broke our laws since he was never elected to it. When the Legislative Branch gave the Executive Branch the power to start a war they broke our Constitution. Every branck of our government is illegal and illegitimate.

Saddam cannot be compared to Hitler since nothing he has done identifies him with Hitler and his crimes. George Bush can be compared to Hitler in the following way. At Nuremberg the precedent was set that if one nation attacks another soverign nation that has done nothing to it then that is a war crime. That was Hitler's crime and that is Bush's crime. btw reporters who helped Hitler sell his agenda were tried at Nurmeberg, found guilty, and executed. Oh how I would like to see Wolf Blitzer at the International Court in The Hague. With any luck we shall.

Of course it is breaking the Geneva Convention to publish photos of Saddam and to bring shame to him. How pathetic the lowlifes must be who can find victory only in such a dishonorable fashion. It takes no courage and no honor to publish such photos and they reflect badly on the US, not Saddam. They serve to demonstrate how far the US has fallen and how low we have been brought by those who have stolen power and who are not statesmen.

What is there to stop the bunch who have stolen power in the US? If they trash our Consitution then what would prevent them from going against the UN, the Geneva Conventions or anything else that stands in their way?

Galloway recently demonstrated what would happen if someone were to stand up to the republicans. The problem is we don't have any Democrats to stand up to them and stop them so the people of this country are left to our own devices and one day we may take to the streets. The sooner the better.

Check out info about the hero Galloway here - this expresses my sentiments. http://stangoff.com/index.php?p=102

The US Congress is respected and feared long after it no longer deserves our respect and honor. We need to clean it out along with what passes for media in this country.

Oh you are going to be very popular around here! Anyhow, thanks for being the first person ever that I rep'd on their first post!

I usually stay out of these threads, but why does it always come down to this? When in doubt, cry "Hitler". :rolleyes:

yeula said:

:wtf: You have got to be kidding! :tinfoil:

I too am sick of hearing about Hitler but I made the reference in reply to someone else who made the comparison between Saddam and Hitler and I wanted to set the record straight because it is Bush who is comparable to Hitler, not Saddam.

The fact is that Stalin and the Jews around him killed, murdered and slaughtered tens of millions of people - millions more then were killed by Hitler. The reason Hitler is spoken of so often is because of the power of Jewish propaganda in the US.

yeula said:
I too am sick of hearing about Hitler but I made the reference in reply to someone else who made the comparison between Saddam and Hitler and I wanted to set the record straight because it is Bush who is comparable to Hitler, not Saddam.

The fact is that Stalin and the Jews around him killed, murdered and slaughtered tens of millions of people - millions more then were killed by Hitler. The reason Hitler is spoken of so often is because of the power of Jewish propaganda in the US.

http://www.newsrecord.org/media/pap...-Not.Comparable.To.Hitler-782194.shtml?page=2

What human, past or present, deserves to share the crown of darkness with Satan himself?

Actually, as the words I'm writing become more serious, I would hypothesize that a person such as Adolf Hitler might be categorized as the epitome of evil. He could very well be declared the king of the Evil Empire.

I don't think too many people would argue with this selection.

After all, he did try to take over the world through extermination in hopes of establishing a pure race of men.

In Hitler's still unfathomable campaign, he mercilessly slaughtered over six million people whose only damnation was ethnic and physical "impurities."

Tens of millions of young men and women died throughout the world trying to save humanity. Many more millions of innocent civilians perished as they witnessed in fear what seemed to be the end of the world from their own homes.

There might be other leaders throughout history who may have murdered a higher number of people, but few, if any, were as brutally ambitious as Hitler.

With this brief review of World War II history, you are still wondering how is it reasonable, or even subliminally logical, to offer any type of intelligent comparison between Adolf Hitler and George W. Bush, right?

Various students and literature distributors have pondered the link between these two men.

This fall, groups on campus passed out literature, primarily written by Lyndon LaRouche, which placed Bush on the same level as Hitler.

LaRouche enacted his freedom of speech to relate the administration of George W. Bush and Dick Cheney to Adolph Hitler's dictatorship as seen in the April 4, 2003 issue of the Executive Intelligence Review, in an article titled "War, Hitler, and Cheney."

LaRouche writes, "As I have forewarned you... new would-be Adolph Hitlers have now appeared, this time inside the U.S.A... the new Hitlers from inside the U.S.A. and Blair's government, who act exactly as Hitler threatened Czechoslovakia in 1938, and invaded Poland in 1939."
Continued...

Putting Bush in the same category as Hitler is truly offensive and shameful, for even a dim-witted person to consider. But there are reasons for this comparison.

Bush went to war with Iraq. Innocent civilians have died. American soldiers have been killed, and who knows if Iraq will ever be a success story of expanding democracy.

A possible tragedy? Yes. A possible great achievement? Perhaps.

The point remains, who knows? Perhaps we'll have a better glimpse in 20 years, but that's just a guess. Now, let's note any possible differences between the president and the dictator.

Though contrary to a few misconstrued conspiracy theories, Bush's goal is not to take over the world.

He's probably not thinking about the extermination of a particular race, or more importantly in the current situation, a specific religion.

He's not asking the military to target civilians in Iraq.

So where's an honest, substantial comparison? There's absolutely none. The atrocities Hitler committed have no match.

Fellow students, please guard your minds against such extremely deceptive propaganda that is only attempting to brainwash our influential generation.

Adolf Hitler once said, "What good fortune for those in power that people do not think."

So, people, please think.

When making comparisons to Hitler there was only one who was equally if not more vile...Joseph Stalin. His regime killed over 20 million. His Gulags could match the nazi concentration camps easily. The KGB were the equal to hitlers guestapo. They were two of the most power evil men in all of history.

Saddam was closer to Stalin in his make up than he was to Hitler. He didn't dream of a master race as much as a desire for more and more power. He was an egomaniac.

Unfortunately the liberals think of Stalin as a great hero of the soviets.

Comparing Bush to Hitler or Stalin is like comparing a bike to a semi-truck.

If Hitler had captured Saddam you wouldn't have seen pictures of him in his underwear, you have seen his head on a stake the very day he was caught. Stalin would have done the same. Not too mention everyone that was even remotely connected to him would be in a prison or buried in a mass grave. And Islam could kiss its religion goodbye in Iraq, cause it would be banned. Hitler and Stalin would not tolerate demonstrations unless they organized them. And if someone tries an iserection. hostages are taken from the town they live in and executed immediately. Nothing close to that has ever happened in Iraq. Instead we get pictures of humiliated prisoners and Saddam in his skivies. Oh the horror of it all. Stalin would be proud of the reporters that broke those horrendous stories and expose the evil there.

The US does not have secret police and execution squads. We have a ultra liberal media that would dig up that information faster than ted kennedy getting out of a sinking car. There's plenty of bad things our government does do, but comparing them to the nazi's or soviets is silliness.

Oh how sad a thing it is that Bush is always being compared to people such as Hitler and Stalin. How pathetic that you support this man when the nicest thing that you can say about him is "by God he's a better man then Stalin or Hitler. Yeah Saddam is a sonobitch murdering thug too and Bush is better then him".

Do you hear yourselves?

If anyone has ever heard of Bush being compared to Chruchill please step forward. Has anyone ever heard of Bush being compared to Washington or Jefferson?

The next time someone tells you that Bush has broken the laws that were established at Nuremberg, don't protest too much.

yeula said:
If anyone has ever heard of Bush being compared to Chruchill please step forward.

After Bush's speech to the joint session of Congress on September 16th(?) 2001, there were several editorials and editorial cartoons comparing Bush to Churchill.

Next point?

Were the people comparing him to chruchill the same people who told us Saddam had WMD?

yeula said:
Oh how sad a thing it is that Bush is always being compared to people such as Hitler and Stalin. How pathetic that you support this man when the nicest thing that you can say about him is "by God he's a better man then Stalin or Hitler. Yeah Saddam is a sonobitch murdering thug too and Bush is better then him".

Do you hear yourselves?

If anyone has ever heard of Bush being compared to Chruchill please step forward. Has anyone ever heard of Bush being compared to Washington or Jefferson?

The next time someone tells you that Bush has broken the laws that were established at Nuremberg, don't protest too much.

hey let me guess... kerry would have been a much better president?
:trolls:

Forum List

Back