Sacrificial Scams: The Real Class Warfare In This Country Isn't Rich VS. Poor...

I'm not religious (in fact, I'm atheist), but God only asks for 10% of ones income.

Why the heck should me, you or anybody else be giving the government more than that?

Your argument seems to be that since the government screwed people more in the past, you think it should return to that level of screwing people over. That is a ridiculous point of view to take. It is like saying that since slavery used to exist, we need slaves now.

God doesnt pave the roads, educate your children, defend your nation from attack or provide police and fire protection. Chris is advocating a return to an economic policy that worked, instead of keeping one that obviously doesnt.

Government seems to be failing at education, failing at defending from attack (remember 9-11). Police and firefighters are local, not federal. Come to think of it, most education should be local, get the feds out. Roads are mostly state and local now that I think of that, except for interstates. So, out of all the things you mentioned, the main federal responsibility is defending the nation, so why does the federal government need money for the rest?
Your argument also fails to point out why rich people should be more responsible (via higher rates of taxation) to supply those things as Chris seems to believe they should.
Using the government as your means to take wealth from another may be legal, but that doesn't make it right.

Federal monies go to all of those things.

Its not a matter of taking or spreading wealth. Its a matter of keeping our country a strong economy. What works and what doesnt. What provides the most opportunity for all Americans.

When 97% of all new wealth created in the country goes to just 1% of the citizens, then maybe...just maybe...thats not whats best for the country. Maybe...just maybe...it weakens the nation as that wealth is extracted and shipped overseas. and maybe...just maybe...we ought to be doing something about that.

If your an incompetent, mindless civil servant and state welfare employee, it is much more difficult to be fired..........

The only idiots are the ones that deny this........

Forum List

Back