Russia's New Armata Tank: The Best Tank in the World?

You are on the decline. Assad is staying, Maduro is staying. Times have changed.
Yes you keep trying to express this but aren't doing a good job at it.

US is on the decline, as evidenced by Russia building 100 of this new tank model that broke down and had to be towed in it's debut parade.
554b32a7dd0895fb148b4663-750-400.jpg
You are making fun out of Russia. That´s a big mistake. Hitler thought he will win before onset of winter.

Russia will have the most modern forces soon while western militaries are on the decline.
The only option for Europe is to stay on friendly terms with Russia. Phrump needs to know that.

Best tank in the world, meet the coffin maker.

maxresdefault.jpg

Incredibly low cost and capable plane but they do have air defense. Ever heard of air defense?

Yes...
When you have air superiority, their air defense isnt shit.
F-22_Raptor_shows_its_weapon_bay.jpg

When.

The T-14 was supposed to have 2300 tanks by 2020. Instead they are going to have 12.

And what we've seen again and again, unless a tank doesn't have the firepower to compete (the Abrams does), four things tend to heavily impact tank battles.

1. Tactics. US spends a LOT more with actual training and integrated live fire exercises.
2. Air superiority. Saw this often that owning the skies can be devastating to any armored forces.
3. Firing (and hitting) first. T-14 has a 12x mag sight, whereas the Abrams has a 50x. The T-14 is essentially a non factor if it loses it's sensors while the Abrams can still fire line of sight. Russia last we knew was decades behind the US in terms of thermal imaging. Ballistic computers (ability to fire on target on the move) have always favored the American tanks, despite Russia saying again and again their computers have caught up, they've always disappointed.
4. Armor. This tank is 15-20 tons lighter than an Abrams, and much cheaper. Meaning it's unlikely the armor is some very expensive lightweight composite (See the Japanese Type 10).
The Abram´s gun is a licensed German L/44, an outdated canon.

"By 1990, the L/44 was not considered powerful enough to deal with future Soviet armour, which stimulated an effort by Rheinmetall to develop a better main armament."
Rheinmetall Rh-120 - Wikipedia

The Abrams is not compatible with the L/55. Additionally, no MBT was made in USA for almost 30 years.
Abrams were upgraded to 120 mm guns in the early 1990s.
It was upgraded to the L/44.
No, the L/44 is the original 105 mm gun.
The L/44 is a 120 mm gun.
Why do I post links?
Lol, the current Abrams main gun bears the same resemblance to the original L/44 as Henry Fords model T does to modern sports car.

The Abram´s gun is a licensed German L/44, an outdated canon.

"By 1990, the L/44 was not considered powerful enough to deal with future Soviet armour, which stimulated an effort by Rheinmetall to develop a better main armament."

The Abrams is not compatible with the L/55. Additionally, no MBT was made in USA for almost 30 years.
Why do I post links?
Lol, the current Abrams main gun bears the same resemblance to the original L/44 as Henry Fords model T does to modern sports car.

"The main armament of the M1A1 and M1A2 is the M256A1 120 mm smoothbore gun, designed by Rheinmetall AG of Germany, manufactured under license in the U.S. by Watervliet Arsenal, New York."
M1 Abrams - Wikipedia

You "patriots" know shit about your own stuff!

Why do I post links?

"The main armament of the M1A1 and M1A2 is the M256A1 120 mm smoothbore gun, designed by Rheinmetall AG of Germany, manufactured under license in the U.S. by Watervliet Arsenal, New York."
M1 Abrams - Wikipedia

How do you imagine that changes what I said?

Why do I post links?

M1 Abrams - Wikipedia

By facts.

Russia will have the most modern forces soon while western militaries are on the decline.
The only option for Europe is to stay on friendly terms with Russia. Phrump needs to know that.

Let's see them mass produce it. After they've mass produced it, let's see them mass produce a new air force to shield those shining new armor divisions from the most powerful airborne military force in human history. And then, let's watch as said airborne force wrecks the not yet in existence Armata divisions like toy train sets. Word.
You are on the decline. Assad is staying, Maduro is staying. Times have changed.

Even Rome's teeth remained sharp enough to bite through Her enemies, during her last years.
Barbaric hordes plundered Rome, the capital.

Sounds familiar . . . does it not? Tell us all about who is plundering the German capital. Or perhaps, perhaps the Fatherland will charge you with a crime for mentioning them in a negative light, online.

Why do I post links?

M1 Abrams - Wikipedia

By facts.
What facts are those my cave-dwelling friend?

Let's see them mass produce it. After they've mass produced it, let's see them mass produce a new air force to shield those shining new armor divisions from the most powerful airborne military force in human history. And then, let's watch as said airborne force wrecks the not yet in existence Armata divisions like toy train sets. Word.

Even Rome's teeth remained sharp enough to bite through Her enemies, during her last years.
Barbaric hordes plundered Rome, the capital.

Sounds familiar . . . does it not? Tell us all about who is plundering the German capital. Or perhaps, perhaps the Fatherland will charge you with a crime for mentioning them in a negative light, online.
Rome declined because they couldn´t pay their mercs.

Why do I post links?

M1 Abrams - Wikipedia

By facts.
Facts you are in urgent need to deny.

M1 Abrams - Wikipedia

By facts.
Facts you are in urgent need to deny.
Ah, so you don't have any then.

I should have known.

Jane's is pretty impressed with the tank for sure, but with the extremely low production numbers I don't think they will be much if a problem. 132 total systems in the pipe I think, the majority if which are configured as infantry carriers. None delivered so far as far as I know.
A technical issue I guess. Read the article, the platform seems to be planned to serve for decades. Not that the Russians are in a hurry with a new MBT. They have still 20000 MBTs in service.

So they have 12 of them, plans for another 20 and NOTHING past that. And they were in a hurry, until they realized the couldn't afford it and cancelled their order. The US has developed dozens of weapons of which only a handful get made before the program gets shut down and orders cancelled.

The backbone of that group is the T-72 (saw how they competed vs. previous gen of Abrams). Then the T-80 (based on the T-64 with some T-72 features) which the US had obtained and tested against and who's only use in armed conflict was a failure (1st Chechen war) and high costs kept out of later conflicts.

And the T-90 (a T72 variant which was given a new name to feel modern and not based off a 50 year old design) which is being sold around the world.

What about cancelling an order of modern tanks to instead go back to the drawing board with refurbishing cold war era tanks that have proven not to be able to compete with the Abrams gives them the "modern force"?
They will come sooner or later and in large numbers. That´s for sure.

According to Russia itself there is no further orders for any new T-14's. Why do you dislike facts so much?

Either you are intentionally lying here or ignorant of the situation.

Forum List

Back