Russians Freeze to Death in Worst Winter Since Stalin's Great Purge

Ice Traps 1K Ships in Brutal Cold Snap...
:eusa_eh:
Trapped in an icy prison: 1,000 ships stranded in frozen ocean as China is gripped by extreme cold snap
6 January 2013 | China is enduring its most brutal cold snap in 28 years; More than 1,000 ships are frozen in place in Shandong province; Travel across the nation has been severely affected
Temperatures in China have plunged to their lowest in almost three decades, cold enough to freeze coastal waters and trap 1,000 ships in ice, official media said at the weekend. Since late November the country has shivered at an average of minus 3.8 degrees Celsius, 1.3 degrees colder than the previous average, and the chilliest in 28 years, state news agency Xinhua said on Saturday, citing the China Meteorological Administration. Bitter cold has even frozen the sea in Laizhou Bay on the coast of Shandong province in the east, stranding nearly 1,000 ships, the China Daily newspaper reported.

article-0-16C67F74000005DC-902_634x398.jpg

Frozen: A fishing boat trapped in the sea ice on the coast of east China's Shandong province. Reports state China's national average temperature since late November 2012 is 1.3 degrees Celsius lower than usual

Zheng Dong, chief meteorologist at the Yantai Marine Environment Monitoring Center under the State Oceanic Administration, told the paper that the area under ice in Laizhou Bay was 291 square km this week. Transport around the country has been severely disrupted. Over 140 flights from the state capital airport in central Hunan province were delayed, while heavy snowfall forced the closure of some sections of the Beijing-Hong Kong-Macau Expressway, the China Daily said.

Temperatures in the northeast fell even further, reaching a 43-year low of minus 15.3 degrees Celsius, about 3.7 degrees below the previous recorded average. One truck driver in southeastern Jiangxi province, caught in a 5 km (3.1 miles) queue caused by a pileup that happened after heavy snowfall, told China Daily the snow and extreme cold had caught him unawares. 'I didn't expect such a situation, so I've brought no warm coats or food. All I can do now is wait,' trucker Yao Xuefeng told the paper.

Read more: Trapped in an icy prison: 1,000 ships stranded in frozen ocean as China gripped in extreme cold snap | Mail Online

Ice melts. Keep your eye focused on the snow cover of the Northern Hemisphere in June, when the sun is most intense. Keep your eye on that arctic sea ice, because I don't think it will be around much longer. Yes, we are going to have exceptional weather and may even kill off our bread basket. The jet stream is meandering and stalling, so you get repeat weather over areas.

How do you fix it?

There's a reason why the ecomagination players changed their mantra from 'Global Warming' to 'Climate Change.' They needed something that could apply to anything (and therefore mean nothing).

O gee, global warming must mean there will never be cold or ice in the world. I remember it being pretty fucking cold as a child. I had to walk 9 long blocks to get to school. I went to a white school that had 6 white people in the first grade. There was no kindergarten back then.

We were told by climate science not so long ago that global warming would mean shorter and shorter and milder and milder winters.....for everyone. When that didn't work out, climate science says that global warming means shorter or longer milder or more harsh winters for everyone.

The unfalsifiable hypothesis strikes again. What would falsify the hypothesis for you dubya? Is there anything that would cause you to think that perhaps you have been tricked?

Ice melts. Keep your eye focused on the snow cover of the Northern Hemisphere in June, when the sun is most intense. Keep your eye on that arctic sea ice, because I don't think it will be around much longer. Yes, we are going to have exceptional weather and may even kill off our bread basket. The jet stream is meandering and stalling, so you get repeat weather over areas.

How do you fix it?

More failure....according to your high priests, the arctic should already be ice free. Not happening. Once more, what would falsify the hypothesis for you? Or are you willing to accept an unlimited number of failed predictions and any form of crazyness out of climate science in order to maintain your faith?

http://www.newscientist.com/articleimages/dn13779/0-north-pole-could-be-ice-free-in-2008.html
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=4728737&page=1
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/06/080620-north-pole.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7139797.stm

Last edited:
O gee, global warming must mean there will never be cold or ice in the world. I remember it being pretty fucking cold as a child. I had to walk 9 long blocks to get to school. I went to a white school that had 6 white people in the first grade. There was no kindergarten back then.

We were told by climate science not so long ago that global warming would mean shorter and shorter and milder and milder winters.....for everyone. When that didn't work out, climate science says that global warming means shorter or longer milder or more harsh winters for everyone.

The unfalsifiable hypothesis strikes again. What would falsify the hypothesis for you dubya? Is there anything that would cause you to think that perhaps you have been tricked?

I live in Delaware and it's like the way North Carolina was around here. Except for overnight stays in Atlantic City, NJ, I've never been out of the South, so as much as you think I might hate hicks, I'm a hick, proud of it.

I spent two years in the Marine Corps, mostly at Camp Lejeune, NC. Back then in the winter, you'd get a break from the cold. Back then, you didn't get that in Delaware and we do now. I remember freezing my ass off in this state. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the cold, particularly if you have to work out in it. I'd rather have cold than hot, because you can't dress down beyond naked. Maybe my body is just too sensitive to change. If I went to Tampa, FL or the mountains of WV, it took me about a week to feel good. Whatever, it's just a thing!

You claim the climate hasn't changed and it's change here. I'm not a fucking fool and the people in Greenland know it has changed.

When I was a kid I went to the White school in Wilmington, DE. In first grade there were six White people, three boys and three girls. When I left there after the fifth grade, there were no White people in that school. We moved down state to a rural life. Life wasn't easy for little Gary. He had to fight every person in that school, with his dad wiping his ass for fighting. I never started a fight in my life, but would fight, when I had no choice.

Do you think, I'm a fool! I'm a man and I don't want to call you names. I have enough respect for humanity to allow people to be as they are or want to be. It's their choice to be as they are.

Life wasn't easy for little Gary. He had to fight every person in that school, with his dad wiping his ass for fighting.

Why exactly did his Dad have to wipe his ass because he was fighting? :confused: Did he soil himself during these fights?

Do you think, I'm a fool! I'm a man and I don't want to call you names. I have enough respect for humanity to allow people to be as they are or want to be. It's their choice to be as they are.

Again, a personal history instead of addressing the questions you have been asked. I am not interested in your history. Again, what would falsify the AGW hypothesis for you?

Again, a personal history instead of addressing the questions you have been asked. I am not interested in your history. Again, what would falsify the AGW hypothesis for you?

I take it you never read The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.

When I was a kid about 4 or 5, I found these 4 by 8 sheets of lattice and thought I could make an A frame and climb over it. I get all the way to the top of the damned thing and make it collapse when I'm transferring my weight to the other side. That's how I discovered gravity and I'm still waiting for my Nobel Prize.

When you eliminate all possibilities, then what you are left with is the solution. Of course some people aren't smart enough to know all the possibilities. Generally, I believe most Denialistas believe in AGW and are just lying to suit their agenda. It's hard to believe a person with some intelligence could be that stupid without motive.

I totally admit I have an agenda or motive to not destroy the world, but can we lay off the Al Gore crap? I've never heard him talk about Global Warming and he isn't a scientist.

When I was a kid about 4 or 5, I found these 4 by 8 sheets of lattice and thought I could make an A frame and climb over it. I get all the way to the top of the damned thing and make it collapse when I'm transferring my weight to the other side. That's how I discovered gravity and I'm still waiting for my Nobel Prize.

When you eliminate all possibilities, then what you are left with is the solution. Of course some people aren't smart enough to know all the possibilities. Generally, I believe most Denialistas believe in AGW and are just lying to suit their agenda. It's hard to believe a person with some intelligence could be that stupid without motive.

I totally admit I have an agenda or motive to not destroy the world, but can we lay off the Al Gore crap? I've never heard him talk about Global Warming and he isn't a scientist.

Here you go. You can start watching at 1:50 - over the next few minutes he mentions global warming several times more.

Al Gore criticizes Obama on global warming | The Daily Caller

Here you go. You can start watching at 1:50 - over the next few minutes he mentions global warming several times more.

When I want science, I don't listen to politicians.

And you have still avoided SSDD's question, namely what proof would you require that AGW is a false hypothesis?

And you have still avoided SSDD's question, namely what proof would you require that AGW is a false hypothesis?

Frame all you want! The only answer science can give to the warming is CO2. It takes heat to melt ice. I know you're this great geologist, notice no caps, but how does anyone get a degree in that subject and be as stupid as you are?

Yes, I read The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes...and unlike you, I actually learned something from them. I learned critical thinking...something you and your warmists kind obviously never picked up.

Yes, when you eliminate all the possibilities you are left with the solution...or the inevetable depending on the circumstances. Here is the evidence...here, in easily digestable form, is the temperature history of the earth from its earliest days right up to the present.

globaltemp.jpg

Now look at it very closely. What do you believe the chances are that the earth is going to follow its endless cycle of warm, cold, warm, cold? What do you belive the chances are that the earth is suddenly going to alter its endless cycle for our benefit? What do you think the chances are that we can alter that endless cycle? Looking at the earth's history, what do you think the chances are that we are not, at present, and for the past good long while been on a steady climb out of an ice age and will eventually reach a temperature where ice simply does not exist on earth....anywhere?

Look at history dubya and tell me how you believe we are somehow changing the endless cycle of warm, cold, warm, cold, warm cold.

Frame all you want! The only answer science can give to the warming is CO2. It takes heat to melt ice. I know you're this great geologist, notice no caps, but how does anyone get a degree in that subject and be as stupid as you are?

So as far as you are concerned, the AGW hypothesis is not falsifiable, and no matter what, you will continue to believe?

You claim to be a scientists....do you know what it means to a hypothesis to be unfalsifiable?

C'mon SUPER DUPER GENIUS, as a "man of science" it should be pretty easy to come up with a data set that would prove to you that the AGW hypothesis is wrong. You know a "testable hypothesis" means exactly what it says. So what test would expose the fraud for what it is....to you?

So as far as you are concerned, the AGW hypothesis is not falsifiable, and no matter what, you will continue to believe?

You claim to be a scientists....do you know what it means to a hypothesis to be unfalsifiable?

We had record minimum arctic sea ice, record minimum June snow cover in the Northern Hemisphere and 97% of the surface of Greenland melting, but all that's just normal to you.

To put it in perspective, the area of minimum arctic sea ice is about the same as the area of the Greenland Ice Sheet and the June snow cover anomaly in the Northern Hemisphere was around three times that area.

I asked you a simple question that you avoided, but it's for all you pseudo-science Denialistas. What is the temperature of water if you add again the amount of heat necessary to melt 32 degree ice to 32 degree liquid water?

It's a simple question with a precise answer, which someone thinking they know science should be able to calculate.

The point of asking the question is very simple. We've been visiting the arctic in nuclear submarines since '58 and had satellite coverage since late '78. The thickness of that sea ice was/is of major strategic importance. The sea ice can have parts of ice shelves that are very thick or polynias can form. Ice volume is harder to measure, but we know the arctic sea ice is losing significant volume and multi-year sea ice is rapidly declining. So the question is what happens when it's gone? Why wouldn't that area rapidly warm? First year sea ice is too weak to make it through the summer, so the winter refreeze isn't going to save it.

The point of asking the question is very simple. We've been visiting the arctic in nuclear submarines since '58 and had satellite coverage since late '78.

The point of asking the question is obvious to anyone....you don't want to actually state that nothing would falsify the AGW hypothesis for you. No matter what happens up to and including another little ice age, you will continue to believe that CO2 causes global warming.

Tell me, do you believe anything going on in the arctic is unique to the climate in earth history? Do you believe the ice cover was greater than today during the peak of the holocene maximum?....do you believe it was equal or greater than today's during the roman warm period?....how about the medieval warm period...was it equal to today during that time?....how about prior to the onset of the ice age that we are currently coming out of?....

And by the way, even your climate priests admit that warming isn't the primary cause of arctic ice loss...it has been due to wind and storms....not warming.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back