Russian troll factory flooding internet with propaganda...anyone ?

Russian propaganda seems a newborn child to compare with French, German and American vets. Chinese have a real chance just to flood the whole internet with paid and controlled info. These russkih unprofessional householders do not deserve a quick look.

---
Where have you been? Born in the past 25 years?
The Soviets were expert propagandists before they transitioned with Gorby's and Yeltin's influence.
AND THEY (Russians) STILL ARE!
Don't forget Putin was the head of the KGB/FSB.

With all the internet hacking going on, you better believe Russia is up there with USA in terms of capability & readiness.

Troll factory in Russia sounds like something anecdotal for me. Trolls make me upset usually. Russian trolls will make me nervous. A profession which appeared in the 21th century must die by the end of it.

Troll factory in Russia sounds like something anecdotal for me. Trolls make me upset usually. Russian trolls will make me nervous. A profession which appeared in the 21th century must die by the end of it.
Trolls don't upset me, just annoy me. I usually have a high tolerance level, but everyone has a cracking point. It is easy to troll those with political leanings (if you know their geographical location).

One time I counter-trolled a Chinese one by claiming he/she was hurting the dialogue and Chinese-American friendship and co-operation. Never got a reply back after that.

Hmmmmm...I bet a lot of them are Obama's Facebook friends.
I'll bet a lot more of them are actually Republicans.
They may be even anarchist. It doesn't matter at all. I believe that we should get rid of them. Who may be responsible for this task in the USA?

As we are talking about TROLL FARMS IN RUSSIA, I suspect there is not much we can do to get rid of them other than to out and ridicule them. Trolls will troll. It's the nature of the interwebs.

They may be even anarchist. It doesn't matter at all. I believe that we should get rid of them. Who may be responsible for this task in the USA?

As we are talking about TROLL FARMS IN RUSSIA, I suspect there is not much we can do to get rid of them other than to out and ridicule them. Trolls will troll. It's the nature of the interwebs.
You can stem the flow on both ends. But in a geo-political sense that is unlikely to happen.

Unless the US admits it can't stand Russia, and that it is nothing to do with Ukraine, 'human rights', and International law, but instead wanting Russia to be a poodle in the western economic system - and follow us socially and culturally.

Though that would be entirely out of character, and stop the geo-political games going on behind the scenes.

You can stem the flow on both ends. But in a geo-political sense that is unlikely to happen.

Unless the US admits it can't stand Russia, and that it is nothing to do with Ukraine, 'human rights', and International law, but instead wanting Russia to be a poodle in the western economic system - and follow us socially and culturally.

Though that would be entirely out of character, and stop the geo-political games going on behind the scenes.

What a non-sequitur - blame the victim slop of goulash.

We're talking about TROLL FARMS in Russia victimizing American websites.

Are they capable of doing any harm anyway? What do we actually about these farms?
This famous reporter Chen has made a good thing telling us such a detailed story.

You claimed that there was nothing much to get rid of them, and I disagreed.

If you bothered to read all the articles on the troll farms, they receive Russian government funding or sanction.

So explain how you stop 'troll farms' by creating more political tension between Russia and America.

Trolls don't just pop up out of nowhere, they need motivation, and this case a good flow of funding.

If you bothered to read all the articles on the troll farms, they receive Russian government funding or sanction.

So explain how you stop 'troll farms' by creating more political tension between Russia and America.

Trolls don't just pop up out of nowhere, they need motivation, and this case a good flow of funding.

I made absolutely NO SUCH claim.

But I'll note again your BLAME THE VICTIM mentality.

You did. You said '[•••]I suspect there is not much we can do to get rid of them[...]other than out and ridicule them'. So either you lied, or I am waiting for a retraction of your claim - not that I will, or it was created to generate a response like trolling.

'Blame the Victim' would require:
a) For me to have claimed that x was responsible. I actually posted a similar thread that disagreed with the troll farms in Russia. So BS on that.
b) For me to have claimed that either party was more responsible than the other. I never mentioned these companies you are going on about. Instead only the Russian and American governments. So BS on that.
c) For me to have been a Russophile, sucking up to Putin, or a Russian 'troll'. But since I have constantly critized Putin and the Russian government. BS on that.

Keep your nonsense out of my field or vision, and I might take your next posts more seriously. Right now, you are no better than the propagandists. You don't want real solutions, just more banter.

You did. You said '[•••]I suspect there is not much we can do to get rid of them[...]other than out and ridicule them'. So either you lied, or I am waiting for a retraction of your claim - not that I will, or it was created to generate a response like trolling.

'Blame the Victim' would require:
a) For me to have claimed that x was responsible. I actually posted a similar thread that disagreed with the troll farms in Russia. So BS on that.
b) For me to have claimed that either party was more responsible than the other. I never mentioned these companies you are going on about. Instead only the Russian and American governments. So BS on that.
c) For me to have been a Russophile, sucking up to Putin, or a Russian 'troll'. But since I have constantly critized Putin and the Russian government. BS on that.

Keep your nonsense out of my field or vision, and I might take your next posts more seriously. Right now, you are no better than the propagandists. You don't want real solutions, just more banter.

Something is not nothing.

Just sayin'.

Chen is a great journalist; his language is so eloquent and perfect. I almost forgot how the real journalism needs to look like but Adrian Chen brought it to the new level. Awesome investigation. I hope there will be more similar articles in future.

Adrian Chen is this century's Walter Duranty.

You and Stratford are excellent examples of Russian trolling.
How is Leningrad nowadays?
Chen is a great journalist; his language is so eloquent and perfect. I almost forgot how the real journalism needs to look like but Adrian Chen brought it to the new level. Awesome investigation. I hope there will be more similar articles in future.
here

I'm third generation Ukrainian (half Irish too). I live in a real place in a real town called Sundown, Manitoba.

We are seriously Uk out here. As a matter of fact there's a huge festival coming up in Gardenton in early July.

Being a Uk kid gives me a unique perspective on the bullshit that the west has perpetrated on the Ukraine.

It was a coup. I know what our governments did and who they backed.

I know who all the fucking players are. Even though I am just a sweet old woman planting out her garden when I hit the boards I am making sure that anyone who is willing to listen knows damn well that our fucking leaders backed a coup. Gave the keys to the Ukraine to the EU to fuck up another country.

---
You're a 3rd gen Uki living in Canada?
And you support the Russian aggression in Ukraine?
Love to hear your reasons that don't sound like the typical trolling Russian propaganda!
I know there are lots of Uki Canadians, and you don't sound like one.
Surprise me with your integrity!

Even though my family is from the West I abhor the love and the reverence that is heaped upon Bandera by western Ukrainians.

This man should never be regarded as a hero. But he is. Fucking Nazi bastard.

And those that love and admire Bandera just so happened to be part of the pack that overthrew a duly elected President and government.

As to Crimea's desire to return to Mother Russia who the hell can blame them?

First off you have a coup take place in Kiev replacing the government and leaders that the EAST elected to office.

And to boot, you have nazi loving crazies in the new government who right in their party platform state that they wanted to ban the Russian language and take away Crimea's autonomy. That's just for starters.

Huh, how many died at Stalin's hands?

How many at Hitler's?

Much more... Stalin never ended the nazism on Western Ukraine by the foolish mercy...

At least you admit you're a troll, although your poor English is a RED flag.

I'm a private troll :) That's a reason I can talk with open visor and try to improve my english anywhere..

---
You claim to be a private troll. So, what's your opinion of Putin vs Boris Nemtsov and Gary Kasparov?

You asking these questions, but claims me as troll? :)

Boris Nemtzov really was charismatic :)) Instead of his administrative skills and his political views (which most of people hate here) he was a really sexual giant. He really fucked most of opposition women - what else can be greater? :)

Kasparov - an unadequate chessmaster, not politic, because people not a chess figures. From their gang I have only opinion about Khodorkovsky. And this opinion were taken from people of Strezhevoy (one of Yukos-based towns). Usually they said: thanks god, no more Khodorkovsky here...

So about Putin. It's not a secret, most of russian likes Putin but consider, Putin is not enough Putin :)

here

I'm third generation Ukrainian (half Irish too). I live in a real place in a real town called Sundown, Manitoba.

We are seriously Uk out here. As a matter of fact there's a huge festival coming up in Gardenton in early July.

Being a Uk kid gives me a unique perspective on the bullshit that the west has perpetrated on the Ukraine.

It was a coup. I know what our governments did and who they backed.

I know who all the fucking players are. Even though I am just a sweet old woman planting out her garden when I hit the boards I am making sure that anyone who is willing to listen knows damn well that our fucking leaders backed a coup. Gave the keys to the Ukraine to the EU to fuck up another country.

---
You're a 3rd gen Uki living in Canada?
And you support the Russian aggression in Ukraine?
Love to hear your reasons that don't sound like the typical trolling Russian propaganda!
I know there are lots of Uki Canadians, and you don't sound like one.
Surprise me with your integrity!

Hm.. Here are much of messages, including info about russian troll, but at USMB really I just met only Ukrainian trolls. Does is means, all americans really consider Ukraine as a part of Russia, so me can take it with full understanding of this act by world society?

Trolls can be very tiresome and importunate, but battle with them can keep your mind in good condition, yeah? :)

And to boot, you have nazi loving crazies in the new government who right in their party platform state that they wanted to ban the Russian language and take away Crimea's autonomy. That's just for starters.

I wonder all those Russia- or Putin-admirers can live at least a day without lying?

Forum List

Back