Russian Sub Skirts Coast

Not to detract from the military division pissing match but...

I pretty much don't feel good that enemy subs can come within range and not get more than a high five for doing that in response. I get that's the game but it making the papers and the replies of oh well shit happens kinda proves we're weak here. The Russians actually have the balls to pull this off knowing we aren't going to do jack shit about it. That concerns me.

I pretty much don't feel good that enemy subs can come within range and not get more than a high five for doing that in response. I get that's the game but it making the papers and the replies of oh well shit happens kinda proves we're weak here. The Russians actually have the balls to pull this off knowing we aren't going to do jack shit about it. That concerns me.
They've been getting within range for over fifty years....Prolly had a couple of attack subs well within range.

Nothing to see here.

Then you've felt uncomfortable for about 50 years. That's how long it's been going on. Trust me...that sub had a few "tails" and they were getting some excellent training off of trailing him.

They've been getting within range for over fifty years....Prolly had a couple of attack subs well within range.

Nothing to see here.

Then you've felt uncomfortable for about 50 years. That's how long it's been going on. Trust me...that sub had a few "tails" and they were getting some excellent training off of trailing him.

I know that's true and it's been going that way for years but why the complacency now? We send planes into Siberia from Alaska and they send some back. Been going on for a long time. It's never been an "eh fuck it" moment though. There's a reason for this.

You're such a fucking idiot. The CP doesn't tell pilots how to fly, missilers how to launch ICBMs, space guy how to operate satellites, etc they just pass OPREPs and process EAMs.

Most Navy people are clueless about EAMs. Some CDR called me at EUCOM asking what about an EAM the JNOC sent him....I laughed at his ignorance being at the NAVEUR command center.

be nice to the air force guys.

they think they're real pilots.

But they can't do shit without permission from Mother Command Post.

You don't even know subs have planes to control their attitude in the water, so you should first learn about the Navy before trying to master the Air Force.

Maintenance runs....standby generator.....:rolf:

You Air Farce guys with your maintenance "squadrons"...:rolf:
More ignorance pretending to be superiority. Why am I not surprised?

I was not Maintenance. That title is strictly for the plane-fixers.

I was Civil Engineering. That's the squadron responsible for base infrastructure.

Even your little Navy buildings with frilly lacy curtains and similar appointments had standby generators. :lol:

"squadron responsible for base infrastructure" :rofl: "squadron" :rofl:

Ok, "squadron" guy...you have paper airplanes? *snicker

You don't even know subs have planes to control their attitude in the water, so you should first learn about the Navy before trying to master the Air Force.

More ignorance pretending to be superiority. Why am I not surprised?

I was not Maintenance. That title is strictly for the plane-fixers.

I was Civil Engineering. That's the squadron responsible for base infrastructure.

Even your little Navy buildings with frilly lacy curtains and similar appointments had standby generators. :lol:

^
speed reading hunt for red october, looking for more kewl acronyms

Brownie...I'm probably the only person on this board to have been inside a SSBN out at sea.

You get the selling cookies angle on us.

^

Russian Sub Skirts Coast
Washington Free Beacom ^ | 11/6/12 | Bill Gertz

Russian attack sub detected near East Coast | Washington Free Beacon

A Russian nuclear-powered attack submarine cruised within 200 miles of the East Coast recently in the latest sign Russia is continuing to flex its naval and aerial power against the United States, defense officials said.

The submarine was identified by its NATO designation as a Russian Seirra-2 class submarine believed to be based with Russia’s Northern Fleet. It was the first time that class of Russian submarine had been detected near a U.S. coast, said officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of anti-submarine warfare efforts.

One defense official said the submarine was believed to have been conducting anti-submarine warfare efforts against U.S. ballistic and cruise missile submarines based at Kings Bay, Georgia.

Perhaps it was Captain Ramius trying to defect again.
If this is true, it is a direct challenge to Obama's standing in the international community.
Let's look at this way. If a Russian sub can park 200 miles off the US coast incredibly undetected, every major city on the east coast would be 5 minutes away from a bright white flash and there would not be a thing we could do about it.

Brownie...I'm probably the only person on this board to have been inside a SSBN out at sea.

You get the selling cookies angle on us.

^

Suuuuuuure. :lol:

Russian Sub Skirts Coast

A Russian nuclear-powered attack submarine cruised within 200 miles of the East Coast recently in the latest sign Russia is continuing to flex its naval and aerial power against the United States, defense officials said.

The submarine was identified by its NATO designation as a Russian Seirra-2 class submarine believed to be based with Russia’s Northern Fleet. It was the first time that class of Russian submarine had been detected near a U.S. coast, said officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of anti-submarine warfare efforts.

One defense official said the submarine was believed to have been conducting anti-submarine warfare efforts against U.S. ballistic and cruise missile submarines based at Kings Bay, Georgia.

If this is true, it is a direct challenge to Obama's standing in the international community.
Let's look at this way. If a Russian sub can park 200 miles off the US coast incredibly undetected, every major city on the east coast would be 5 minutes away from a bright white flash and there would not be a thing we could do about it.

200 miles is international waters. what are we supposed to do? (I know what we do, but I want to hear it from you)

You're such a fucking idiot. The CP doesn't tell pilots how to fly, missilers how to launch ICBMs, space guy how to operate satellites, etc they just pass OPREPs and process EAMs.

Most Navy people are clueless about EAMs. Some CDR called me at EUCOM asking what about an EAM the JNOC sent him....I laughed at his ignorance being at the NAVEUR command center.

be nice to the air force guys.

they think they're real pilots.

But they can't do shit without permission from Mother Command Post.

"Hello, Command Post? I have a wing-off light. What do I do now?"

Well dumbfuck...CDRNORTHCOM, an Air Force General, would expect the Navy not to lose Russians subs that end up off our coast. Maybe you need an AF Command Post to help you out since the Air Force doesn't lose track of Russian bombers.:eusa_whistle:

Russian Sub Skirts Coast

200 miles is international waters. what are we supposed to do? (I know what we do, but I want to hear it from you)

Oh, my friend in your picture wouldn't like you using her image in your liberal posts.....also they are Air Force F-15 drivers and WSSOs....so what were you saying about the Chair Force?

The Air Force is clearly superior to the Russian Air Force with our air, space and cyber capabilities. The key is the Navy holding up their end of the deal.

The Navy relies on the Air Force for our space capabilities as well as cyber and air power dominating the battlespace. See how well the Navy survives without the space support from the Air Force.....OPIR, SATCOM, METOC, PNT, etc.

Oh my bad, these concepts are over your head. It is unfair for you going against me since I've driven a sub, flown a jet, controlled nukes and controlled satellites. I'm probably the lone person to have done all those things in the military on this planet.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back