Russian Sub Skirts Coast

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Russian Sub Skirts Coast
Washington Free Beacom ^ | 11/6/12 | Bill Gertz

Russian attack sub detected near East Coast | Washington Free Beacon

A Russian nuclear-powered attack submarine cruised within 200 miles of the East Coast recently in the latest sign Russia is continuing to flex its naval and aerial power against the United States, defense officials said.

The submarine was identified by its NATO designation as a Russian Seirra-2 class submarine believed to be based with Russia’s Northern Fleet. It was the first time that class of Russian submarine had been detected near a U.S. coast, said officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of anti-submarine warfare efforts.

One defense official said the submarine was believed to have been conducting anti-submarine warfare efforts against U.S. ballistic and cruise missile submarines based at Kings Bay, Georgia.

Russian Sub Skirts Coast

A Russian nuclear-powered attack submarine cruised within 200 miles of the East Coast recently in the latest sign Russia is continuing to flex its naval and aerial power against the United States, defense officials said.

The submarine was identified by its NATO designation as a Russian Seirra-2 class submarine believed to be based with Russia’s Northern Fleet. It was the first time that class of Russian submarine had been detected near a U.S. coast, said officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of anti-submarine warfare efforts.

One defense official said the submarine was believed to have been conducting anti-submarine warfare efforts against U.S. ballistic and cruise missile submarines based at Kings Bay, Georgia.
It is probably obamaturds taxi out of here after he loses the election. His handlers will want him back.

Exactly why Obama is wrong and it is a game of numbers... We need appropriate numbers of vessels to respond and track individual ships that represent threats, or this sort of activity will be more commonplace off of our homes.

This subject came up at work today when we were discussing threats to the US. Of course, losertarians and liberals believe the world is just one happy family and Russia, China, Iran, etc aren't really building up their weapon systems to attack us or our allies someday.

I saw Kings Bay in the article, I went out on the USS Maryland for about a week as an exchange officer back in the 90s...I couldn't live on a submarine for months and months....special people do that job.

Russian Sub Skirts Coast

Whoop-de-fucking-do.

USAF interceptors in Alaska, on a a nearly daily basis, used to scramble to intercept Bear bombers, which "inadvertently "strayed into American airspace back in the day.

Cold War is over...Better the Rooskis continue wasting money on such exercises than us.

This subject came up at work today when we were discussing threats to the US. Of course, losertarians and liberals believe the world is just one happy family and Russia, China, Iran, etc aren't really building up their weapon systems to attack us or our allies someday.

I saw Kings Bay in the article, I went out on the USS Maryland for about a week as an exchange officer back in the 90s...I couldn't live on a submarine for months and months....special people do that job.

If Obama wins, Iran will, no doubt, move on Israel, fast! :flameth: :Boom2:

:blowup:

If Romney wins, they won't! :eusa_whistle:

Bombers are one thing compared to subs that can park nukes right off our coast without detection.

They can't hide their bombers from us but they are hiding their subs from us and that is what we don't like.

For now only Russia is the one threat in the world with subs, but China is working on being a threat within the next 10 years.

Oh, but it is all just made up...right?

Russian Sub Skirts Coast

Whoop-de-fucking-do.

USAF interceptors in Alaska, on a a nearly daily basis, used to scramble to intercept Bear bombers, which "inadvertently "strayed into American airspace back in the day.

Cold War is over...Better the Rooskis continue wasting money on such exercises than us.

I don't think Israel is going to wait much longer, they just want to see if the US is with or without them depending on tomorrow. Israel has been practing their attack on Iran for years, I knew it when it was TS...before it leaked to the newspapers, how convenient for liberals.

If Obama wins, Iran will, no doubt, move on Israel, fast! :flameth: :Boom2:

:blowup:

If Romney wins, they won't! :eusa_whistle:

Russian Sub Skirts Coast

Whoop-de-fucking-do.

I think we're at dawn on the day of a second Cold War.

Exactly why Obama is wrong and it is a game of numbers... We need appropriate numbers of vessels to respond and track individual ships that represent threats, or this sort of activity will be more commonplace off of our homes.

The question here I think, is if we even bothered to see it as enough of a threat at that distance to bother doing anything about it. Or if the reason it only came that close is because we said something, etc, etc. Regardless of what anyone thinks/says..we still have by far the strongest Navy in the world...Military period really- but we're talking about the Navy.

Shit, if we're gonna panic over every little thing... Did you know Russia is also developing it's own Stealth Aircraft!?

They can't hide their bombers from us but they are hiding their subs from us and that is what we don't like.

Er...Hiding? Where did you get that, the article specifically states that everything worked the way it was supposed to...they detected the blasted thing.

For now only Russia is the one threat in the world with subs, but China is working on being a threat within the next 10 years.

Isn't most of Russia's military rusting away or something? Swear I keep reading that. Pretty sure that Article also states the sub that was seen is considered to be on par with one of our older classes... and they're just now in the process of creating something on par with our most modern Virginia-Class. Just cause Russia is the nearest thing to a threat, doesn't mean it's much o' one.

Bombers are one thing compared to subs that can park nukes right off our coast without detection.

Oh, blow it out you ass, General Ripper.

Subs have been a part of the strategic nuclear triad since the 1950s....Nothing but neocon scarmongering here.

The question here I think, is if we even bothered to see it as enough of a threat at that distance to bother doing anything about it. Or if the reason it only came that close is because we said something, etc, etc. Regardless of what anyone thinks/says..we still have by far the strongest Navy in the world...Military period really- but we're talking about the Navy.

Shit, if we're gonna panic over every little thing... Did you know Russia is also developing it's own Stealth Aircraft!?

Er...Hiding? Where did you get that, the article specifically states that everything worked the way it was supposed to...they detected the blasted thing.

Isn't most of Russia's military rusting away or something? Swear I keep reading that. Pretty sure that Article also states the sub that was seen is considered to be on par with one of our older classes... and they're just now in the process of creating something on par with our most modern Virginia-Class. Just cause Russia is the nearest thing to a threat, doesn't mean it's much o' one.

Don't international waters extend 12 miles out from the coast? We can't do anything about a ship in international waters.

The election has done funny things to the conservative's mind

So tell us all here about the advances in Russian SLBMs and nuclear warheads in the last 10 years...we're not talking 1950s, Cleatus.

Russia is modernizing their weapon systems while Obamination talks about getting us down to 300 or less nukes, which is fucking insane. I see this shit at work while you are doing nothing compared to me. I was talking with a missile systems expert at work today and we were discussing Russia and other countries....but of course you know more than us with no classified information.

Subs have been a part of the strategic nuclear triad since the 1950s....Nothing but neocon scarmongering here.

Last edited:

People always seem to forget that Russian Military equipment has a tendency to be sold off to people who aren't as friendly to us as the Russians are.

So tell us all here about the advances in Russian SLBMs and nuclear warheads in the last 10 years...we're not talking 1950s, Cleatus.

Russia is modernizing their weapon systems while Obamination talks about getting us down to 300 or less nukes, which is fucking insane. I see this shit at work while you are doing nothing compared to me.

Blablablablabla...

America's subs are every bit as much a threat to Russia as theirs are to us....We kick the shit out of anyone and everyone in MIRV technology to boot.

Go tell your scary stories to some lost trick-or-treaters.

Russian Sub Skirts Coast

They've done it to us, we've done it to them....for a very long long time.

Wow....you must watch the military channel using "MIRVs" in your post. :eusa_whistle:

What about MaRVs?

Russia is modernizing their weapon systems while Obamination talks about getting us down to 300 or less nukes, which is fucking insane. I see this shit at work while you are doing nothing compared to me.

Blablablablabla...

America's subs are every bit as much a threat to Russia as theirs are to us....We kick the shit out of anyone and everyone in MIRV technology to boot.

Go tell your scary stories to some lost trick-or-treaters.

Forum List

Back