Russian fighter jet shot down in Syria's Idlib province

And to turn Syria into same sh*thole like Iraq and Libya where USA has successfully removed "the dictators" . For good.
Actually, the U.S. destroyed Iraq and Libya's infrastructure and turned the countries into 3rd world hell holes, and in Libya's case, a non functioning society ran by tribal warlords. .... :cool:
The U.S. Is on the wrong side of the Syria affair.

I wrote nothing about my assessment of the Kurds. Although it is interesting, if you consider Kurds terrorists, why does the US help them?
Turkey, who is our NATO ally, has had the Kurds on their terrorist list for years.

As for the U.S., it is clueless when it comes to Middle East politics. In fact, it's a given that when the U.S. gets involved, things are only gonna get worse not better. ie. Somalia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen, Lebanon, Syria, etc. ..... :cool:

Russian aviation struck a blow at the site of the concentration of militants in the area of the shot down Su-25. It is alleged that, according to the radio intercept, about 30 militants were killed. Our pilot, of course, will not return, but at least some hot revenge.

A cold revenge should be the one from whom the MANPADs got there.

Maybe the Russians ought to get the signal and go home

For Russia, it will be more a signal to return to Syria heavy aviation and take out all the "moderate opposition" to the devil.

Sorry. With Obama's leaving so went any chances for the Russians to establish a power base in the Middle East. All they can get there now is a bad nose bleed from the USA with our 20 year technological superiority. Best advice for Russia is to stick to the "safe" targets like Ukraine and the Crimea. Maybe something with a -stan in its name. Assad isn't worth getting your asses kicked hard over.

Drawing conclusions on the new photos, the pilot, however, landed alive, until the last led the fight and then blew himself up with a grenade to avoid being captured by the Islamists.

photo_2018-02-03_21-45-37 (2).jpg

khaddffy duck was an islamist

Gaddafi was a Muslim, but he was not an Islamist. Other religions under him felt much safer than now. For example, when Gaddafi in Libya there were many Christians from Russia. Gaddafi carried out a largely secular policy.

BS he was a sunni Islamist Christians from Russia would be there for technical skills----not citizenship.
I have known jews who went to Saudi Arabia-----they had fun as guest techs too.

The Syrian freedom fighters are trying get rid of the dictator Assad and his brutal government. .... :cool:

Assad is the legitimate and legitimate ruler of Syria. Secular and moderate ruler. Who is trying to fight terrorists who are interested in turning Syria into another hotbed of Islamism. The whole blame of Assad is that he does not want to dance to the tune of the United States.
Who made him 'legitimate'? At least Putin goes through the motions of being elected.

And one more, the second retaliation against the Islamists today. I love the smell of napalm in the morning I love the sound of Allahu Akbar under the russian bombs.

It's not about the guests. Many Russians received Syrian citizenship, they started families there.

we were talking about LIBYA ----schmuck

I apologize. I wrote above about those who left for Libya. I made a typo, because the topic of Syria today is hot.[/QUOTE]

you got a citation upon which you base your claim that the eastern Orthodox church FLOURISHED
in Libya under the rule of Khadaffy duck?

Who made him 'legitimate'? At least Putin goes through the motions of being elected.

Syrian presidential election, 2014 - Wikipedia

But the question is not even that. Is the government legitimate in Saudi Arabia or not?
The Gulf Cooperation Council, the European Union and the United States dismissed the election as illegitimate.

Assad is certainly a ruthless autocrat but is he worse than other Middle East despots? I don't really know. Like most countries we usually put our interests first and the people of other countries second. Saudi Arabia is an ally but not a friend to the US while Syria is neither a friend nor an ally. Given that choice it is easy for us to side against Syria and our siding against Syria makes it easy for Russia to side with Syria.

Assad is certainly a ruthless autocrat but is he worse than other Middle East despots? I don't really know.

All the rulers of the Middle East are cruel atvocrats. Assad on their background just stands out for gentleness, intelligence and European upbringing :) If there was a more cruel ruler in his place, then there would not be a war in Syria. He would have simply suppressed the protests in the very bud, rather than trying to solve the problem for a long time through negotiations. I will not cite Saudi Arabia as an example. Vaughn, take for example Turkey with a recent coup attempt. Tens of thousands of people are in prison. Hundreds of people were killed. Erdogan himself conducts very aggressive rhetoric against the West. But very little is said about this. Because Erdogan is an ally of the West :) Yes, and in Russia they say little about this. Because Erdogan today is an advantageous ally for Russia. Damn politics.

Forum List

Back