Russian aviator watch, hilarious.

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
71lzw6Ubl%2BL._SL1500_.jpg

71lHwIYf3sL._SL1500_.jpg

Made in Japan! LMAO!

The movement was made in Japan. There are American made watches that use movements made both in Japan and Switzerland.

I'm not seeing a problem...

I have a Soviet watch, broke in like a year of wearing it.

The movement was made in Japan. There are American made watches that use movements made both in Japan and Switzerland.

I'm not seeing a problem...

All of the labeling appears to be in English. Apparently intended for an English-speaking market.

I have this clock, that I found many years ago in a thrift store. It's rather obviously intended to be mounted in an aircraft. Some online research indicates that this clock was standard equipment in the Микоян МиГ-29 fighter plane. Of course, all of the labeling on this clock is in Russian.

CSC_4049n.jpg
ZSC_1505_hdrN.jpg

Some online research indicates that this clock was standard equipment in the Микоян МиГ-29 fighter plane.

In Soviet technology there was a very high degree of unification. Such a clock was used on many aircraft. Now a little google - they are exactly on the dashboards of the MiG-29 fighter, the L-39 training aircraft, on the passenger Tu-154 and Il-62. That's where I could not find them for a quick search - it's on the Su-27 :) Whether they are somewhere in the eye do not rush, or watch on the Su-27 of another model. In general, it is interesting. How many times before I saw instrument panels of different aircraft, mostly Su-27, but I never thought where the clock is :)

In Soviet technology there was a very high degree of unification.

I wonder if that's the same unification that led to the development of the M-15 “Belphegor”. My understanding was that, at that time in the 1970s, the Soviet Union wanted to standardize aircraft so that they would all run on the same fuel, which led to this very odd use of a jet engine in an application that really wasn't well suited to jet propulsion—The slowest jet aircraft ever built, the only jet-powered cropduster, the only jet-powered biplane, to ever go into production. My understanding was that, at that time in the 1970s, the Soviet Union wanted to standardize aircraft so that they would all run on the same fuel, which let to this very odd use of a jet engine in an application that really wasn't well suited to jet propulsion.

Last edited:
I wonder if that's the same unification that led to the development of the M-15 “Belphegor”.

I do not know the reasons for the creation of this aircraft. But in any case, it was its own Polish development, and there they thought less about unification :)

By the way, in the USSR, too, everything was not so unambiguous. For example, measuring instruments and various units were very unified. But almost the whole history of aviation missiles (air-to-air, air-to-surface) were created individually for specific aircraft. And, for example, the long-range missile from the MiG-23 could not be used with the MiG-25 or Su-15. Aviation weapons began to unify only on the fourth generation, the MiG-29 and Su-27 use the same missiles.

Forum List

Back