Russia threatens to leave American astronaut in space

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Thankfully we have the private industry's Space X, otherwise we'd be screwed in getting this guy home.

Russia threatens to abandon American astronaut in space as sanctions threaten peace aboard ISS​

The plan is for astronaut Mark Vande Hei to land in Kazakhstan with two Russian cosmonauts on a Russian spacecraft.

HOUSTON -- For the past 24 years, the U.S. and Russia have worked together to construct and maintain the International Space Station, where research has led to some of the most important discoveries of the 21st century.

Now, 227 miles below the unrivaled laboratory, Russia has waged a war in Ukraine that's pitted the country against the U.S. and its allies -- leaving the future of the ISS in question.

I would have to question this as just more hate propaganda. I can't believe that Russia would do that.

I believe the government would. Whether or not the two cosmonauts would and instead sneak him on board and let the chips fall where they may when they land in Kazakhstan is a different story.

Thankfully we have the private industry's Space X, otherwise we'd be screwed in getting this guy home.

Russia threatens to abandon American astronaut in space as sanctions threaten peace aboard ISS​

The plan is for astronaut Mark Vande Hei to land in Kazakhstan with two Russian cosmonauts on a Russian spacecraft.

Americans were abandoned in Afghanistan and the Ukraine, why not in space as well?

I would have to question this as just more hate propaganda. I can't believe that Russia would do that.
They would have the right to shoot a missile to destroy their modules on the station. Anything else destroyed is just collateral damage. We call this the International Space Station but let's face it. We the American suckers have paid for 90 per cent of it plus the billions needed for the yearly upkeep.

Americans were abandoned in Afghanistan and the Ukraine, why not in space as well?
Trump said he would have all the troops out of Afghanistan by christmas 2020.

Yet by christmas 2020, Trump didn't withdraw a single American citizen.

Wow how clever!!! Stupid Putin strikes again. “Hey Elon, swing by and pick Mark up on your next lap, he needs a ride home.” “Sure thing”

There problem solved.

They would have the right to shoot a missile to destroy their modules on the station. Anything else destroyed is just collateral damage. We call this the International Space Station but let's face it. We the American suckers have paid for 90 per cent of it plus the billions needed for the yearly upkeep.
Is that your version of intentional trolling.

The ISS is like a beef stew. Everybody contributed components, and as such is entitled to a share of the stew, but they can't take back their individual contribution.

I believe the government would. Whether or not the two cosmonauts would and instead sneak him on board and let the chips fall where they may when they land in Kazakhstan is a different story.
I don't know what to say. We're in a situation in which 'Russia' has become 'Putin', for propaganda purposes. I think there's little chance of any discussion under that understanding.

In any case, I just found this topic mildly interesting enough for a short reply.

I'm probably not up to speed on the issue. Is America denying Russia access to the space station?

Wow how clever!!! Stupid Putin strikes again. “Hey Elon, swing by and pick Mark up on your next lap, he needs a ride home.” “Sure thing”

There problem solved.

Actually that is how to solve the problem should russia behave badly in space too.

You are probably right. There is a strong bond between all astronauts.

You are probably right. There is a strong bond between all astronauts.
There is also Putin's history of killing people who disobey him.

If the astronauts tried that, they would have an unfortunate "accident", where their bodies were unrecoverable, and hold a state funeral for them.

Stay classy, Putin.

Forum List

Back