Russia Switches to Focus of Liberating the Donbass.

Donald H

Platinum Member
Nov 26, 2020

The question: Is this a step back by Russia now, due to overwhelming pressure by the world's countries that have aligned with America's goal.

or

Is this just Russia realizing it has accomplished it's goal?

The most positive note for peace is in the fact that both America/Nato and Russia can spin this as a win.

Should we on this board allow either side to spin this as victory?

The question: Is this a step back by Russia now, due to overwhelming pressure by the world's countries that have aligned with America's goal.

or

The most positive note for peace is in the fact that both America/Nato and Russia can spin this as a win.

Russia has been incredibly judicious in their use of force, they are not looking to carpet bomb Kiev. They have limited goals: secure Donbass, insure NATO understands Ukraine in NATO is a redline, liquidate the Ukrainian Nazis and Globalists. As a bonus we discover Obama funded bioweapons "research" labs in the Ukraine.

Aaaaaaand everyone is still scratching their heads over, "Yeah, why do the Bidens, Kerrys, Romneys and Pelosis all have kids "working" for (getting kickbacks from) the Ukraine"

Russia has been incredibly judicious in their use of force, they are not looking to carpet bomb Kiev. They have limited goals: secure Donbass, insure NATO understands Ukraine in NATO is a redline, liquidate the Ukrainian Nazis and Globalists. As a bonus we discover Obama funded bioweapons "research" labs in the Ukraine.

Aaaaaaand everyone is still scratching their heads over, "Yeah, why do the Bidens, Kerrys, Romneys and Pelosis all have kids "working" for (getting kickbacks from) the Ukraine"
Don't try your trash talking with me until you've worked through your domestic politics and at least started to understand the urgency of America's foreign affairs politics. You've gained a reputation with me as being an ignorant uneducated lowlife.

Learn from being told.

Spoken like a well paid Russian troll.

Russia has been incredibly judicious in their use of force, they are not looking to carpet bomb Kiev.
The Russians certainly forced the Ukrainian military to focus a lot of their resources on their capital city of Kiev. even though the Russians didn't seem to bring nearly enough forces there to actually occupy Kiev.

Their proven hydrocarbon resources (coal, natural gas, crude oil) are primarily in eastern Ukraine and around the Crimean peninsula. If you look at the regions of Ukraine where the Russians are focusing on and taken over, they are the regions with natural resources.

That's the grand prize. The spoils of war. Anything else they take is just a bonus.

And I'm sure that Putin would like Zelensky's head delivered to his office in a box. Zelenski used to produce comedy TV shows that really made fun of Putin. And Putin doesn't seem like the type of guy who has much of a sense of humor.

Last edited:

You shall reread this great book

61FyI394ZwL.jpg

or

Is this just Russia realizing it has accomplished its goal?

Salami Tactics Will Prevent Starvation. Russia Is Not Anorexic.

The rest of the Ukraine will be turned into a multinational Glowbully fortress if Putin doesn't annex it after securing the Donbas.

It took already the most important economically part of Ukraine
An interesting question for you and the very few others to understand.

If America allows the Ukraine to join Nato, what are the full implications?

Article 5 clearly states that an injury to one is an injury to all. Meaning of course that if Russia attacks one member then we will almost certainly be into world war 3.

But also implied is:

An aggression by one is an aggression by all! Which pretty clearly means that if one Nato country attacks Russia directly, then all Nato countries are held responsible.

Therefore, it's only reasonable to say that no further US aggression will be possible through the Ukraine, when the Ukraine becomes a Nato member.

Hence, completely tying America's hands, due to Russia's need to respond to the Ukraine's military action against Russia.

America can't possibly allow the Ukraine to become a Nato member. In fact, it would bring about a peace between Russia and the Ukraine. That's not what America wants quite obviously!

I don't get
Salami Tactics Will Prevent Starvation. Russia Is Not Anorexic.

The rest of the Ukraine will be turned into a multinational Glowbully fortress if Putin doesn't annex it after securing the Donbas.
what you're trying to say, but welcome to the discussion. I'm not familiar with the term 'glowbully'. Are you capable of understanding my previous post?

or

I think Putin's aim from the get-go was securing all the Donbass and a corridor to Crimea. That is why they've largely ignored the other cities, using them to disperse Ukrainian forces and focused on Mariupol. Once they take Mariupol, Putin can claim victory having taken all the Donbass, the Sea of Azov and most of the Black Sea coast.

I hope it ends there for the sake of all.

I think Putin's aim from the get-go was securing all the Donbass and a corridor to Crimea. That is why they've largely ignored the other cities, using them to disperse Ukrainian forces and focused on Mariupol. Once they take Mariupol, Putin can claim victory having taken all the Donbass, the Sea of Azov and most of the Black Sea coast.

I think you're pretty much right.
But can America accept that and spin it politically as a win and that stopping Russia?

It would be in the details I think, in which Russia will have access to Crimea and the Donbass region becoming a neutral in some sense.

A UN peacekeeping force established between the Donbass region and the remainder of the Ukraine?

Last edited:
New films seems to confirm that Mariupol is finished. When Vladimir Kozin says this, it's not contradicting concentrating on the Donbass, the regime can fall without bombing Kiev:

"As soon as Russian forces take the city of Mariupol under control, the Kiev regime will fall. The capture of Mariupol and its complete liberation from the Ukrainian neo-nazis is of great importance for the Russian Army."

I think you're pretty much right.
But can America accept that and spin it politically as a win and that stopping Russia?

It would be in the details I think, in which Russia will have access to Crimea and the Donbass region becoming a neutral in some sense.
No, I think the "Finlandization" of a Ukrainian rump state will have to happen. In truth, it would be best to have a buffer state between NATO and Russia.

New films seems to confirm that Mariupol is finished. When Vladimir Kozin says this, it's not contradicting concentrating on the Donbass, the regime can fall without bombing Kiev:

"As soon as Russian forces take the city of Mariupol under control, the Kiev regime will fall. The capture of Mariupol and its complete liberation from the Ukrainian neo-nazis is of great importance for the Russian Army."
Bullshit

Thanks for that Russian propaganda, QsaderFrank.

Forum List

Back