Russia confirms radioactive materials involved in blast

Yikes! Another Chernobyl?

I only recently found out Chernobyl is really Ukraine.
To me, the radiation, while concerning, is not the story here. Russia continues to research nuclear fueled cruise missiles...that would make our ICBM shield useless. It might be time to acknowledge that we are in an arms race..and that we may be losing.
What does a nuclear fueled cruise missile do that a "regular" one doesn't?
It would be able to fly anywhere on earth without running out of fuel. It would do so at low altitudes and with random evasive patterns, at high speed, thus making it very hard to detect and shoot down. Our fixed missile defenses would be rendered useless.
That doesn't sound good, Mr. Fleegle.
It's not..we can only hope that our country is researching an appropriate response.

To me, the radiation, while concerning, is not the story here. Russia continues to research nuclear fueled cruise missiles...that would make our ICBM shield useless. It might be time to acknowledge that we are in an arms race..and that we may be losing.
It would be able to fly anywhere on earth without running out of fuel. It would do so at low altitudes and with random evasive patterns, at high speed, thus making it very hard to detect and shoot down. Our fixed missile defenses would be rendered useless.
It's not..we can only hope that our country is researching an appropriate response.
Don't worry. We have people who are "qualified" and hired by excessive quotas on the job now to protect us. They just removed the modern tech on the new old destroyers they are building because people operating them are not qualified enough. Or they are qualified but there are not enough good at using the system. And the new old destroyer is a forty year old design. Bwhaaaabwhahaaa! Only 2 billion dollars a copy. But heyyyy!

Don't worry. We have people who are "qualified" and hired by excessive quotas on the job now to protect us. They just removed the modern tech on the new old destroyers they are building because people operating them are not qualified enough. Or they are qualified but there are not enough good at using the system. And the new old destroyer is a forty year old design. Bwhaaaabwhahaaa! Only 2 billion dollars a copy. But heyyyy!
Yup..there it is...and don't even start on the Administration's desire to go back to steam catapults on our carriers..even though the new system is also supposed to power our new weaponry!

According to President Trump, we already have one:

"The United States is learning much from the failed missile explosion in Russia," Trump tweeted Monday, marking the first time a U.S. official has weighed in on the blast. "We have similar, though more advanced, technology.

'Not good!' Donald Trump blames Russia for mysterious 'Skyfall' explosion, radiation spike

Our $650 billion a year spent on defense vs Russia's $60 billion a year spent on defense, likely tells a different story than Putin's or the Kremlin's propaganda.

Military_Expenditures_2018_SIPRI.png

Forum List

Back