Russia and Venezuela to hold joint Sea maneuver in the Caribbean

Wow.. a big gap between 96 and 2006.. how do you explain inaction during this period? Not to mention a friggin terrorist attack by oil funded saudi nationals....

look --I tossed you a few links proving how the democrats in conjunction with environmetalists have effetively stopped all drilling in ANWAR. Show me a link where democrats are clamoring to drill there, offshore, or anywhere for that matter ?

This isn't my field but I would guess that you'd destroy all the 'school bus sized remotes' real quick, then use extremely advanced target aquisition systems to locate your sparrow and it's bomb. Of course (once again, not my specialty), that a sparrow sized remote wouldn't be carrying very much of a bomb.

Seems a bit strange that it took a C130 cargo plane to deliver a bomb big enough to break the Taliban line (our bombers were ineffective), but you think that a sparrow sized device can carry a bomb big enough to destroy a Russian battleship (they've quite a bit of armour - made by heavy machinery, the Russians were the leaders in armour plating as far back as WWII (I know that it was an American firm that sold them the curing ovens).

Me thinks that you live in a bit of a fantasy world. Too much Pokeemon perhaps?

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. The Air Force has the capability to fly many small, unmanned aircraft that put out a relatively large radar signature, and at the same time a few stealth fighters capable of carrying powerful, accurate bombs hidden inside of their fuselage with the radar signature of a sparrow. That plus the usual assortment of "noise" from seabirds would make it very difficult, if not impossible, for Russia to project naval power with a few missile carrying ships.

But then again you're the expert here, right? :D

I never said there wasn't. I just picked a few random links. Is that your claim? There were no attempts to open up drilling for 10 years ?

I am blaming the republicans for not drilling here there and everywhere... you had the opportunity... you did nothing.. now its a political fight... go fuck yourselves... you will get an energy plan.. it just wont be shoved down our throats...

Today, the operational capability of Russia’s Armed Forces in major, local and regional
conflicts is limited by the lack of training on division level and above. In addition, the abilityto use weapons platforms is limited due to, for example, the lack of flight hours for pilots. Meanwhile, the number of exercises as well as their complexity is on the increase.

http://www.foi.se/upload/rapporter/foi-russian-military-capability.pdf

Russian Military capibility especially naval , sea and air capibility as compared to the United States Navy has a long way to go to pose a threat other than a nuclear threat at sea. Now the biggest threat posed by the Russian Navy is a *super cavitating rocket propelled torpedo that reaches speed of 230mph and is designed to evade sonar called the VA-111 Shkval (squall).

http://www.foi.se/upload/rapporter/foi-russian-military-capability.pdf

Some speculate that this torpedo was the cause of the Kursk sinking when it prematurely began a *hot run* in a tube during a test and exploded. However this theory has never been proven. The torpedo itself and its plans were sold to the Canadian Military , in 2004 and aquired before that. So this is NOT neew technology and has been fully compromised.

I have also taken the liberty, of providing a list of the current Russian Naval assets . As you can see when compared to the United States it seems rather small. Thats because after the fall of the Soviet Union they simply did not have the money to maintain a large blue water navy and simply let it rust at the docks and they still are. So when Russia boasts of sending 4 warships to a war game , its just that a boast nothing more.

The history of military victories is a history of nasty surprises. Anyone who thinks that they know Russian military capabilities, when they make a move as bold as this, had better be ready for some real nasty surprises.

Do you really think russian "military capabities" are good enough? Don't think so. No new ships were made since USSR times. And Venezuela's navy - is it a joke?

not so long ago Russia already had naval vessels in that area and at Venezuela, so this is not so surprising, nor is it surprising our military.

Now, are they going to go as far as actually basing military assets there? That would create a different set of issues and concerns.

Forum List

Back