Russia and Venezuela to hold joint Sea maneuver in the Caribbean

mightypeon

Aug 4, 2008
Berlin Germany (NOT MASSACHUSETS)
I can't read German, but, if this is true, this is bad...very bad for us. Time to pull those missiles out of Poland.

A read between the lines of recent U.S./Russian Naval History:

Since the beginning of the Nuclear arms race, the threat from Soviet missile submarines surpassed any level of threat that existed in the cold war. Simply. the U.S. has huge coast lines with hundreds of minor and many major cities on these coasts. If Russian submarines could get close to our shores they could launch a coordinated attack that would destroy this country MUCH faster than we could detect or respond to the attack.

Anti-Submarine warfare has ALWAYS been a THE TOP PRIORITY of the U.S. military.

Back in the early 1990s, with the advent of digital technology, the U.S. absolutely and unequivocally dominated submarine and anti-submarine warfare (which is based primarily on audio analysis techniques).

Then in 2001(?) Russia launched a super-high tech Sub that would have put them on an equal footing with the U.S., but GWB sent in attack submarine and sank the Russian sub during it's ceremonial launch (when target aquistion systems would have been turned off). No body was screwing around with torpedoes on the Russian sub - it was all pomp and ceremony going on.

But what GWB failed to understand is that nobody builds just one high tech sub. There must have been another half dozen in production when the first one was sunk.

Next, we have Russia making claim to sub-Arctic zones in defiance of the U.S. Nobody would make a claim like that unless that had the ability to enforce it militarily. The Russians have clearly at least caught up in the submarine/anti-submarine warfare game.

After that we have the defeat in Georgia. Ten years of training, using American tactics and equipment, and the Russian army defeated the Georgian army almost immediately. This indicates that NATO is impodent.

Finally, the Carribean has been close off to the Russian Navy since the Cuban missile Crises. There are very few deep water passages between the Atlantic and the Pacific. The U.S. has had them completely blockaded for years.

Joint Russian/ Venezuelian naval exercises (that is to say Russian Naval exercises) in the Carribean mean that our blockade is also impodent.

We're seriously screwed. This is alot worse than missiles in Poland.

To bad that idiot in the White House didn't make peace with Russia back in 2001 when Putin made so many offers.

Its nice that they made it so convenient for us to watch and develop a plan of our own. I'm thinking a swarm of remote controlled aircraft to keep them busy why we set direct hits with a half-dozen stealth fighters.

I'm pretty sure that they have those bases covered. They've had alot more time to study our military capabilities than we have their's. One of the unfortunate aspects of a country that goes to war too much. Did you read 'The Winds of War'? All about a U.S. naval officier that travels the world and studies German and Japanese military capabilities during the early part of WWII. He of course is always reporting back to Washington, so that when we enter the war we were well aware of what their capabilities were and how to surpass them.

I can't read German, but, if this is true, this is bad...very bad for us. Time to pull those missiles out of Poland.
Translate the website with google.

How would pulliing missiles out of Poland help? Maybe we should just give em Georgia and call it a day, right? Cause appeasement has work so well in the past.
A read between the lines of recent U.S./Russian Naval History:
This ought to be good.
Since the beginning of the Nuclear arms race, the threat from Soviet missile submarines surpassed any level of threat that existed in the cold war. Simply. the U.S. has huge coast lines with hundreds of minor and many major cities on these coasts. If Russian submarines could get close to our shores they could launch a coordinated attack that would destroy this country MUCH faster than we could detect or respond to the attack.
Okay, I'm on board. What else you got.
Anti-Submarine warfare has ALWAYS been a THE TOP PRIORITY of the U.S. military.
Not quite, but I'm listening.
Back in the early 1990s, with the advent of digital technology, the U.S. absolutely and unequivocally dominated submarine and anti-submarine warfare (which is based primarily on audio analysis techniques).
USA!USA!USA!
Then in 2001(?) Russia launched a super-high tech Sub that would have put them on an equal footing with the U.S., but GWB sent in attack submarine and sank the Russian sub during it's ceremonial launch (when target aquistion systems would have been turned off). No body was screwing around with torpedoes on the Russian sub - it was all pomp and ceremony going on.
Now you did it. You had me then you had to get out your tinfoil hat. Do you have evidence of this? If not, then you should say that it is that could have happened, don't state it as fact.
But what GWB failed to understand is that nobody builds just one high tech sub. There must have been another half dozen in production when the first one was sunk.
I'm sure a man with an MBA from Harvard(they don't just hand those out ya know) would never be able to grasp concepts like that. Perhaps it was an accident. Or, God willing, it could have been a message from Pres. Bush to Putin saying I can get you anywhere. Prolly an accident though.
Next, we have Russia making claim to sub-Arctic zones in defiance of the U.S. Nobody would make a claim like that unless that had the ability to enforce it militarily. The Russians have clearly at least caught up in the submarine/anti-submarine warfare game.
Crack a fuckin book every now and then. Russian sabre rattling has been around since Christ was a corporal.
After that we have the defeat in Georgia. Ten years of training, using American tactics and equipment, and the Russian army defeated the Georgian army almost immediately. This indicates that NATO is impodent.
Yep, Georgian army vs. Russian army and Georgians lost due to inadequate US training.
Finally, the Carribean has been close off to the Russian Navy since the Cuban missile Crises. There are very few deep water passages between the Atlantic and the Pacific. The U.S. has had them completely blockaded for years.

Joint Russian/ Venezuelian naval exercises (that is to say Russian Naval exercises) in the Carribean mean that our blockade is also impodent.
We have never had a "blockade"? A blockade is an act of war dipshit. We have simply had an understanding with Russia about where we would not tolerate their presence.
We're seriously screwed. This is alot worse than missiles in Poland.
You are fuckin' kidding me right? How are we screwed? Because the Russians have couple ships chasing around some Venezuelan fishmen? And I assume that you mean missiles in Cuba and not Poland.
To bad that idiot in the White House didn't make peace with Russia back in 2001 when Putin made so many offers.

We made peace with Russia in 1989, it was called the end of the Cold War. It was at a conference in Malta, then Russia became an ally against Irag in '90, but you wouldn't know that, because you obviously don't read books.

Last edited:
As I originally stated: "A read between the lines". But an awful lot was a bit more factual.

If you have an MBA from Harvard I suggest that you stick to counting your pennies, because you know nothing about the topics I've discussed above.

You know nothing about what the term 'Military' means. Yes, we let Russia know that we would not tolerate their presence in the Carribean- and backed it up with absolute force. That's called a blockade. It isn't done with rows of battle ships anymore.

Speaking of cracking a book, you should read Tom Clancy's 'The Hunt for Red October', it would give you some idea of the life that I led for several years.

But, wow, you went to Harvard...try living a real life schoolboy!

First off it is a missile defense system in Poland. Not offensive missiles.

Second. This is so very typical a response from the cut and run surrender first Liberals.

Omg Russia is doing maneuvers so we better retreat.

I say fuck that, bring it on Russia. Our navy our classes theirs in every single way. Our Nuclear subs out number and out class theirs. This is nothing but posturing from a Nation who can not actually do a damn thing to us. Unless of course they want a Mutual Nuclear Destruction.

Russia is trying to get their way with posturing and threats and you are ready to give it to them. pretty sad.

Exactly why I oppose Obama, because he thinks just like you.

I'm pretty sure that they have those bases covered. They've had alot more time to study our military capabilities than we have their's. One of the unfortunate aspects of a country that goes to war too much. Did you read 'The Winds of War'? All about a U.S. naval officier that travels the world and studies German and Japanese military capabilities during the early part of WWII. He of course is always reporting back to Washington, so that when we enter the war we were well aware of what their capabilities were and how to surpass them.
How do you cover a 2000# bomb dropped from 10,000' from an unseen plane?:eusa_whistle:

As I originally stated: "A read between the lines". But an awful lot was a bit more factual.

If you have an MBA from Harvard I suggest that you stick to counting your pennies, because you know nothing about the topics I've discussed above.

You know nothing about what the term 'Military' means. Yes, we let Russia know that we would not tolerate their presence in the Carribean- and backed it up with absolute force. That's called a blockade. It isn't done with rows of battle ships anymore.

Speaking of cracking a book, you should read Tom Clancy's 'The Hunt for Red October', it would give you some idea of the life that I led for several years.

But, wow, you went to Harvard...try living a real life schoolboy!

Didn't go to Harvard. Wasn't in the Navy. I enjoyed the entire Jack Ryan series. However, I try not to form my opinions of the world from fiction. I try to stick to facts.

I hate to tell you this, but the Russians are a bit more sophisticated than Al Queda. They have these things called 'Target Aquisition Systems'. There is no such thing as an 'unseen plane' to them. Especially one that's carrying a 2000# bomb. (That's called a bomber - the laws of physics still apply to high tech gizmos).

I realize that Americans are used to fighting wars against second rate military powers, don't count Russia as one. There are certain areas where they have always been ahead of us.

I hate to tell you this, but the Russians are a bit more sophisticated than Al Queda. They have these things called 'Target Aquisition Systems'. There is no such thing as an 'unseen plane' to them. Especially one that's carrying a 2000# bomb. (That's called a bomber - the laws of physics still apply to high tech gizmos).

I realize that Americans are used to fighting wars against second rate military powers, don't count Russia as one. There are certain areas where they have always been ahead of us.

Have you ever heard of the stealth bomber bud.

You are seriously over stating the capabilities of Russia my friend. Russia always tries to make us think they are more capable than they really are. They did this all the time before the collapse of the Soviet Union and they are doing the same now.

You are ready to surrender to them with out a shot fired. Get a grip man. In case you did not notice, our Navy, and our Air Force are the best in the world. We can handle Anything Russia chooses to throw at us.

Of course we wont have to because as I said this is nothing buy Posturing, Russia is not actually going to do anything. In fact it will not be to long before Russia finds itself in a fight for it's life against China. at which time I am sure they will come begging for our help.

I only we hope we tell them to go fuck their selves, Because if we help them after decades of them opposing out every move, and arming our enemies.

We are FOOLS.

How are they going to pick up a sparrow sized radar object at 10,000' with the bomb hidden inside with all those school bus sized remotes buzzing around at 500? I'm not a Navy guy, so I'm curious.

Didn't go to Harvard. Wasn't in the Navy. I enjoyed the entire Jack Ryan series. However, I try not to form my opinions of the world from fiction. I try to stick to facts.

I guess that your a bit thick, and just didn't get what I was saying. 'The hunt for Red October' was so factual in terms of it's description of military technology, that Tom Clancy was almost brought up on charges for violating his security clearances. (Take a hint).

You've got to be a Republican. It's so easy to tell by the way you retreat into you own fantasy world whenever someone raises some inconvenient fact.

The history of military victories is a history of nasty surprises. Anyone who thinks that they know Russian military capabilities, when they make a move as bold as this, had better be ready for some real nasty surprises.

First off it is a missile defense system in Poland. Not offensive missiles.

Second. This is so very typical a response from the cut and run surrender first Liberals.

Omg Russia is doing maneuvers so we better retreat.

I say fuck that, bring it on Russia. Our navy our classes theirs in every single way. Our Nuclear subs out number and out class theirs. This is nothing but posturing from a Nation who can not actually do a damn thing to us. Unless of course they want a Mutual Nuclear Destruction.

Russia is trying to get their way with posturing and threats and you are ready to give it to them. pretty sad.

Exactly why I oppose Obama, because he thinks just like you.
Hmm.. they are raking in the bucks on oil profits and we are borrowing more zeros than we shot down in WWII. How long do you think we can keep our military superiority.. at least after next year we wont be protected by our feelings after looking into our adversaries eyes...

I have news for you. The only reason why we stayed ahead of the Soviet Union was because the KGB convinced the politbureau that it was easier to steal western technology than it was to develop it themselves. This made for a complete demoralized Soviet scientific & engineering community. The U.S. carefully fed technology to the KGB in such a way as to make sure that they were always 2 steps behind.

Russia has no shortage of brains or resources. The Russian governmant is not making the same mistakes that the Soviets did. They have always been our equal or better in heavy machinery, which is to say the least, the backbone of the military. They are much better at keeping secrets. There are entire Russian cities that the U.S. didn't know about until after the cold war.

Over confidence, believing that everything is the same now as it once was is the fastest way to defeat.

Hmm.. they are raking in the bucks on oil profits and we are borrowing more zeros than we shot down in WWII. How long do you think we can keep our military superiority.. at least after next year we wont be protected by our feelings after looking into our adversaries eyes...

hmmm is there any chance that this might be happening to affect our elections ? naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

How are they going to pick up a sparrow sized radar object at 10,000' with the bomb hidden inside with all those school bus sized remotes buzzing around at 500? I'm not a Navy guy, so I'm curious.

This isn't my field but I would guess that you'd destroy all the 'school bus sized remotes' real quick, then use extremely advanced target aquisition systems to locate your sparrow and it's bomb. Of course (once again, not my specialty), that a sparrow sized remote wouldn't be carrying very much of a bomb.

Seems a bit strange that it took a C130 cargo plane to deliver a bomb big enough to break the Taliban line (our bombers were ineffective), but you think that a sparrow sized device can carry a bomb big enough to destroy a Russian battleship (they've quite a bit of armour - made by heavy machinery, the Russians were the leaders in armour plating as far back as WWII (I know that it was an American firm that sold them the curing ovens).

Me thinks that you live in a bit of a fantasy world. Too much Pokeemon perhaps?

This isn't my field but I would guess that you'd destroy all the 'school bus sized remotes' real quick, then use extremely advanced target aquisition systems to locate your sparrow and it's bomb. Of course (once again, not my specialty), that a sparrow sized remote wouldn't be carrying very much of a bomb.

Seems a bit strange that it took a C130 cargo plane to deliver a bomb big enough to break the Taliban line (our bombers were ineffective), but you think that a sparrow sized device can carry a bomb big enough to destroy a Russian battleship (they've quite a bit of armour - made by heavy machinery, the Russians were the leaders in armour plating as far back as WWII (I know that it was an American firm that sold them the curing ovens).

Me thinks that you live in a bit of a fantasy world. Too much Pokeemon perhaps?

What exactly IS your area of expertise ?

Forum List

Back