Rush Limbaughs best comment of the day--LOL

It has been alluded to here before. It is the economy stupid. To change a phrase.

Regardless of Wall Street and other indicators, unemployment is the 800 pound gorilla in the room. I see productivity increasing and small businesses facing continued financing, tax and other issues. Small business is where job growth happens. This will not be fixed by 2012.

Obama will not give their voice a place. The US Chamber of Commerce is already at odds with him. The industrial and business giants that "can't fail" are the only ones helped. Mom and Pop will recover, but it is a long time coming.

Don't get everyone back to work, Democrats go down. The smoke and mirrors of jobs "saved/created" has no traction on Main Street.

LMAO....those laid off everyday are still saying to themselves....well, my job was not saved and I know no one who had their job created...
Traction? It is sliding around on thin ice.....soon to fall into a crack in the ice.

So you lost the game but covered the spread? lol, you do realize that Owens was an unknown as well?

lost the quarter... the game has just begun....

for the longest time conservatives have been saying we need to throw out the RINOs and when we do, the idiotic libroids (like yourself) claim it as a huge loss for the conservative movement... The fact that this conservative (non-RINO) almost pulled off the impossible will certainly raise the eyebrows of the non-idiotic liberals...

You blind liberals will never see, carbore...

You're as full of shit as ever. Conservatism is dead.

Weak, but I expect this from the Idiot in Ithica...

I see today what Barryworld's talking point is, winning another seat in a Congress is a huge deal compared to Obama being unable to pull out not one but 2 gubernatorial races.

I would feel damn silly if I tried such rediculous spin as to claim winning NY 23 is a huge victory knowing that a goofy looking bookworm with no personality and only a month of campaigning nearly defeated a fully funded and party backed Democrat, and would have in fact won had there not been a handful of votes for the candidate who dropped.

Its like claiming Pearl Harbor was a victory for the USA because Japan didn't win the war.

A Congressional seat is of National consequence and a Governor's race is of state consequence, isn't it?
Only in the world of spin doctoring.

This was a major waxing of the Dems by the GoP, there is no way to put a happy face on it.

"We got walloped," said Sen. Mark Warner, the junior Democrat from Virginia.

Conservatives will win seats and caucus with the Republicans. Not that hard to figure out. The result is, Democrats have less power.

Update:

The Conservative AND the Republican lost in NY23. So the Democrat will caucus with the Democrats...

...the Republicans have less power.

You just made the case for the Republicans/conservatives to have stuck with Scozzafava.

To stick with her would have allowed congress to continue with that "we passed it with bipartisanship" rhetoric that congress likes to use when they get one liberal republican to be the one lone republican vote.

How you guys fall for that crap is beyond me......and I find it humorous that the majority in congress gives your intelligence so little credit that they let you fall for it......but I digress...

The point is, the GOP has had enough of the rhetoric so they will no longer give them the fodder for it.

They forced her out of the race, and they will continue to do so until congress stops "fooling you" with their "it passed bipartisan" lies.

Conservatives will win seats and caucus with the Republicans. Not that hard to figure out. The result is, Democrats have less power.

Update:

The Conservative AND the Republican lost in NY23. So the Democrat will caucus with the Democrats...

You just made the case for the Republicans/conservatives to have stuck with Scozzafava.

I couldn't be happier with your assessment. It is always easier to win with the element of surprise on your side. You just keep thinking that NYcarbineer. I suppose the word WILL threw you in my post. As in, Conservatives will win seats in 2010. If we can get that close in a short couple of weeks, two years should be quite interesting.

As I have said before, Scozzafava was the worst choice of the three. We tried to get our guy in first, but at least ended up with our second choice.

Will win. lol, I'll add that prediction to all those who said Hoffman WILL win.

Update:

I couldn't be happier with your assessment. It is always easier to win with the element of surprise on your side. You just keep thinking that NYcarbineer. I suppose the word WILL threw you in my post. As in, Conservatives will win seats in 2010. If we can get that close in a short couple of weeks, two years should be quite interesting.

As I have said before, Scozzafava was the worst choice of the three. We tried to get our guy in first, but at least ended up with our second choice.

Will win. lol, I'll add that prediction to all those who said Hoffman WILL win.

Hoffman lost. It was a loss. However, only a partisan hack would not see the impact he made. He had no money, no name, and no personality. He had no support by the GOP until the last couple of days...and he was virtually an unknown until a month ago. He was a true third party candidate. He had his closest ally in the race, the GOP candidate throw her support to the democrat...
Yet he lost by a few percentage points. That speaks volumes.

Sort of like Obama. He had charisma; he had 95% of a LARGE ethnic group; he had a highly publicized failure of the lame duck that he continaully compared to his adversary....he promised 95% of the people that he would send them a check if they voted for him...he had the young vote based on his "hip" style he presented....

Yet he only won by 6 points.

That TOO speaks volumes.

But, of course....not to you.

My oh my...seems my applying logic to the debate scared everyone away.
Im sorry.....next time I will simply use conjecture to debate so you can respond.
Thanks.

it WAS a big deal.
Despite a republican taking her support and tossing it to the democrat, a third party candidate took the race well into the night.

That, to me, is a big deal.

Like I said before the election, the best case scenario was for the Democrat to win and the teabagger to come in second, because it will energize the rightwing nuts just enough to inspire them to screw over even more Republicans in 2010, and hopefully cost them a few more seats.

Oh, and btw, Scozzafava was going to WIN this seat until the nuts messed it up.

The nuts did not screw it up. The nuts did exactly what they needed to do. The last thing they wanted was a republican in that seat acting as a democrat.
It would have allowed insincere use of the word Bi-partisanship.
She had to go....and it worked like a charm.

So it seems the nuts even fooled sane poeple like you.

It was quite obvious what was happening for weeks.....and I am not surpirsed it was too deep for you to see.

The nuts have set themselves up to destroy any chance that the Republicans have in the 2010 election. The Republican party, as it now stands, has only single digit approval in the Northeast. Local candidates are viewed far more favorably than the Party. If you people start offing the RINOs, as you call them, you will give those districts to the Democrats, just as you did in NY23.

Were the Republicans to lose a few more seats this way in the House, and a couple in the Senate, they are irrelevant to the political process. And the far right Conservatives are even more irrelevant, because a very large majority of the voters consider them to have about as much sense and revelance as the American Communist Party.

Like I said before the election, the best case scenario was for the Democrat to win and the teabagger to come in second, because it will energize the rightwing nuts just enough to inspire them to screw over even more Republicans in 2010, and hopefully cost them a few more seats.

The nuts did not screw it up. The nuts did exactly what they needed to do. The last thing they wanted was a republican in that seat acting as a democrat.

It was quite obvious what was happening for weeks.....and I am not surpirsed it was too deep for you to see.

The nuts have set themselves up to destroy any chance that the Republicans have in the 2010 election. The Republican party, as it now stands, has only single digit approval in the Northeast. Local candidates are viewed far more favorably than the Party. If you people start offing the RINOs, as you call them, you will give those districts to the Democrats, just as you did in NY23.

Were the Republicans to lose a few more seats this way in the House, and a couple in the Senate, they are irrelevant to the political process. And the far right Conservatives are even more irrelevant, because a very large majority of the voters consider them to have about as much sense and revelance as the American Communist Party.

I hope most Dems think as you do. There is hardly anything as satisfying as blindsiding the other party. Keep thinking you have a permanent majority. I'll just sit here watch how that works out for you.

A Congressional seat is of National consequence and a Governor's race is of state consequence, isn't it?
Only in the world of spin doctoring.

This was a major waxing of the Dems by the GoP, there is no way to put a happy face on it.

"We got walloped," said Sen. Mark Warner, the junior Democrat from Virginia.

Dude, love the message you left me..

"You might have a chance at a normal life once you take Olbermann's dick out of your mouth...

Good luck with that, shitstain.... "

Somewht homo erotic, but thanks...I guess...?

It has been alluded to here before. It is the economy stupid. To change a phrase.

Regardless of Wall Street and other indicators, unemployment is the 800 pound gorilla in the room. I see productivity increasing and small businesses facing continued financing, tax and other issues. Small business is where job growth happens. This will not be fixed by 2012.

Obama will not give their voice a place. The US Chamber of Commerce is already at odds with him. The industrial and business giants that "can't fail" are the only ones helped. Mom and Pop will recover, but it is a long time coming.

Don't get everyone back to work, Democrats go down. The smoke and mirrors of jobs "saved/created" has no traction on Main Street.

The US Chamber of Commerce is at odds with many of it's primary members. A good number have already quit the organization for their stone age mentality.

Conservatives are viewed by the majority of the ovters as far right and irrelevant?
Do you have a non-partisan NON blog link to back that claim up?
Or are you simply offering your own opinion.

I hope most Dems think as you do. There is hardly anything as satisfying as blindsiding the other party. Keep thinking you have a permanent majority. I'll just sit here watch how that works out for you.

Remember how it worked out in the last national election? Remember all the nonsense that was supposed to make our President unelectable? Even Ol' Limpbaugh came out and said that McCain was going to win hands down.

No, that permanent majority thing was a Rovian shit dream. Not good for the nation, not good for either party.

But the present course of the Republican Party, and the Conservatives that are determined to tear it apart may well give the Democrats more power than they have at present.

The US Chamber of Commerce is at odds with many of it's primary members. A good number have already quit the organization for their stone age mentality.

Hmmmm..I would love to see a non partisan and NON blog link for this claim as well.

Remember how it worked out in the last national election? Remember all the nonsense that was supposed to make our President unelectable? Even Ol' Limpbaugh came out and said that McCain was going to win hands down.

No, that permanent majority thing was a Rovian shit dream. Not good for the nation, not good for either party.

But the present course of the Republican Party, and the Conservatives that are determined to tear it apart may well give the Democrats more power than they have at present.

Yeah...I remember how the last election turned out:

Obama promised no lobbyists in Washington
Obama promised a check to 95% of the people if he was elected (during a recession)
Obama lied about his relationship with Bill Ayers
Obama promised a check to 95% of the people if he was elected (during a recession)
Obama had 95% of the black vote
Obama lied about McCains stance on immigration in SPANISH adds in SPANISH neoighborhoods
Obama lied about his relationship with Wright
Obama compared his opposition to the lame duck who had a 30% approval rating

And the man only got 54% of the vote.

The best thing about NY 23 was that the GOP uncovered another sleeper RINO.

And exposed yet more pathetic lies by libs, aka that repubs owned that for the last 100 years. :lol:

That was sure proven to be a crock. :lol:

Oh and Obama wasn't watching the returns... LOL!!!

I wonder what a comparison of the chances of a so-called RINO going along with the Republicans on a bill are with a Democrat going along with the Republicans on a bill.

Yep and in 2002 Time magazine wondered out loud whether the Democrat party was through forever.

So, you're probably right. The Republican Party is a small regional party and will forever be relegated to insignificance. :lol::lol:

Think of the Republicans as the Whig Party. You should also make sure to keep passing legislation while the Republicans are out of the room. Keep using rules to inhibit debate and prevent amendment and thwart minority rights as much as possible. In fact, I would publicize the fact you are doing it to demonstrate how impudent the Republicans are.

"Please Bri'r Bear, don't throw me in that brier patch" :clap2::clap2:

Rush is also now trying to pretend that NY23 was no big deal,

which is even funnier.

It wasn't the Democrat in the race is more CONSERVATIVE than the republican. :lol:
Why NY-23 Isn't a Third-Party Race
RUSH: In NY-23, Real Clear Politics: "Doug Hoffman, plus five."* Doug Hoffman may in fact win this with nowhere near the amount of money the two Democrats have.* I know there's a Democrat called a Republican, but we actually have two liberal Obama Democrats, one calling herself a Republican, and you've got the Reagan conservative Hoffman in there.* Tim Pawlenty threw in with him today, by the way, so you have Sarah Palin, Fred Thompson, Rick Santorum, who else?* (interruption)*

RUSH: Now, this little article here says: "Make no mistake; this special election in New York is not just one mere congressional race. As Erickson himself Tweeted, for conservative activists it is 'a hill to die on.'"* Now, this is a teachable moment here, and it's nuanced, gotta be careful.* In New York, the rules allow for very strong third parties in certain elections.* The Conservative Party in New York generally, now, only runs candidates when the Republicans are liberal.* Otherwise they don't work against the Republicans to help the Democrats, but here, you have an off-year election, you have an extreme liberal Republican.* This is not a RINO.* This is not a Republican-in-name-only.* This is an extreme liberal Republican who may as well be a Democrat.* You also have a far-out, wacko, lib Democrat, and then people say this is a real chance for a third party.

Forum List

Back