Rush Limbaughs best comment of the day--LOL

The really funny thing is that the day before the election I heard a Dem on MSLSD explaining, when it looked like the dem would lose in NY 23, that the dems actually wanted to lose in NY 23, because, now stay with me....

The candidate would have to win this year, run next year and win and then the Dems in the state house were going to redistrict NY 23 out of existence after the 2010 census. So the dem would be forced to run against another dem in a different district.

So, he thought it would be a lose - lose if the dems won. :lol::lol::lol:

Well, I guess you guys got the worst case scenario. :clap2:

I guess that's a nice way to candy coat it. Not at all surprised about VA or NJ. VA has had a long string of GOP governors and Corzine was a train wreck.

You clearly know dick about VA politics.

Feel free to enlighten me then. My post should have probably stated that "Other than Warner and Kane, VA has had a long strong of GOP governors".

I was in Richmond to watch the hilarity that was Jerry Kilgore's election, other than that, I fully profess ignorance about the political situation in VA.

Not necessarily true, its actually bounced back and forth quite a bit. But Deeds lost by being a terrible candidate, not out of any sort of backlash, or even a quality opponent. He was simply the worst candidate I've ever seen for a statewide office.

I see today what Barryworld's talking point is, winning another seat in a Congress is a huge deal compared to Obama being unable to pull out not one but 2 gubernatorial races.

I would feel damn silly if I tried such rediculous spin as to claim winning NY 23 is a huge victory knowing that a goofy looking bookworm with no personality and only a month of campaigning nearly defeated a fully funded and party backed Democrat, and would have in fact won had there not been a handful of votes for the candidate who dropped.

Its like claiming Pearl Harbor was a victory for the USA because Japan didn't win the war.

A Congressional seat is of National consequence and a Governor's race is of state consequence, isn't it?

Rush is also now trying to pretend that NY23 was no big deal,

which is even funnier.

obama sure put alot more effort into the NJ election, appearing personally many times and two days before the election....

while the NY election is important, though a special election, the NJ election, according to obama, is a blow to his efforts in this country

I guess that's a nice way to candy coat it. Not at all surprised about VA or NJ. VA has had a long string of GOP governors and Corzine was a train wreck.

Feel free to enlighten me then. My post should have probably stated that "Other than Warner and Kane, VA has had a long strong of GOP governors".

I was in Richmond to watch the hilarity that was Jerry Kilgore's election, other than that, I fully profess ignorance about the political situation in VA.

Ummm....I guess to you 2 is a "long string"? Since VA governor is limited to a single 4 year term, that's 8 years. Before Allen won in 1993 the last repub was elected in 1977. Back then 3 were elected in a string. Before that it was 1869 when the last repub was elected. So, I guess 5 republicans in 140 years is a long string? :cuckoo:

I see today what Barryworld's talking point is, winning another seat in a Congress is a huge deal compared to Obama being unable to pull out not one but 2 gubernatorial races.

I would feel damn silly if I tried such rediculous spin as to claim winning NY 23 is a huge victory knowing that a goofy looking bookworm with no personality and only a month of campaigning nearly defeated a fully funded and party backed Democrat, and would have in fact won had there not been a handful of votes for the candidate who dropped.

Its like claiming Pearl Harbor was a victory for the USA because Japan didn't win the war.

A Congressional seat is of National consequence and a Governor's race is of state consequence, isn't it?

Given the current make up of the House of Reps, one seat more or less does exactly nothing for either side.

While any seat is good to pick up, the ramifications were all about the story not about the mechanics. If a conservative could come from nowhere (literally) knock off the repub -RINO and beat the democrat it would have been a great bludgeon to beat the dems with (and the RINOs too for that matter). That it didn't happen that way only REALLY means, that narrative is not available.

The seat is really of little practical moment. The Repubs will either win the congress back next year or not. If they do, NY 23 will go to the Repubs. So, the dem can keep the seat warm for 12 months.

Ummm....I guess to you 2 is a "long string"? Since VA governor is limited to a single 4 year term, that's 8 years. Before Allen won in 1993 the last repub was elected in 1977. Back then 3 were elected in a string. Before that it was 1869 when the last repub was elected. So, I guess 5 republicans in 140 years is a long string? :cuckoo:

Can't argue with the facts. Thanks for the info. Like I said, I don't pretend to be an expert on the political situation in VA.

The fact that an unknown and underfunded conservative almost pulled it off is a huge deal... Had the guy had a bit more personality, he may have even done it... (saw an interview with him last night and he came off as kind of wet-noodle-ish)...

So you lost the game but covered the spread? lol, you do realize that Owens was an unknown as well?

lost the quarter... the game has just begun....

for the longest time conservatives have been saying we need to throw out the RINOs and when we do, the idiotic libroids (like yourself) claim it as a huge loss for the conservative movement... The fact that this conservative (non-RINO) almost pulled off the impossible will certainly raise the eyebrows of the non-idiotic liberals...

You blind liberals will never see, carbore...

They actrually believe that the conservative was there to win. He was not. He was there to make sure another rino did not get in.

Sadly for the dems....one who was not trying to win....ALMOST WON!

So you lost the game but covered the spread? lol, you do realize that Owens was an unknown as well?

for the longest time conservatives have been saying we need to throw out the RINOs and when we do, the idiotic libroids (like yourself) claim it as a huge loss for the conservative movement... The fact that this conservative (non-RINO) almost pulled off the impossible will certainly raise the eyebrows of the non-idiotic liberals...

They actrually believe that the conservative was there to win. He was not. He was there to make sure another rino did not get in.

If you think about it, Al Frankenfurter originally lost by that number of votes and is now sitting in the Senate seat...:eusa_whistle:

Only in the world of spin doctoring.

This was a major waxing of the Dems by the GoP, there is no way to put a happy face on it.

This was a major waxing of the Dems by the GoP, there is no way to put a happy face on it.

They certainly are trying, though....lol

They certainly are trying, though....lol

I get a kick out of how many times Obama spent tax payer dollars to campaign for a governor that...according to the dems.....was not an important result.

Two wars, a troop deployment decision, a recession, 10% unemployment...and he spends 6 days campaigning for an UNIMPORTANT election.
And the liberals are OK with this.
I love it.

Rush is also now trying to pretend that NY23 was no big deal,

which is even funnier.

Actually it wasn't. People were probably pissed off that some like Palin came in to tell them how to run their candidates. They are used to electing liberal Republicans, when she who was too left, left; they threw their support behind the not so left Democrat. That the (I) guy came so close was telling.

Last edited:
The fact that an unknown and underfunded conservative almost pulled it off is a huge deal... Had the guy had a bit more personality, he may have even done it... (saw an interview with him last night and he came off as kind of wet-noodle-ish)...

You're as full of shit as ever. Conservatism is dead.

You want the predictive value of this election?

In 2001 both the Virginia and New Jersey governor races were won by DEMOCRATS.

Which of course predicted the huge victory in the House and Senate by Democrats in 2002, and the stunning defeat of GW Bush in 2004.

...right...

I must admit getting a tingle up my leg, when I see liberals going nuts over any possible setback. They stamp their feet and go, "No! You are losers!" It matters not the facts.

You're as full of shit as ever. Conservatism is dead.

baaaaaaaaaa .....

...warning track power...to put it in baseball parlance.

Like I said before the election, the best case scenario was for the Democrat to win and the teabagger to come in second, because it will energize the rightwing nuts just enough to inspire them to screw over even more Republicans in 2010, and hopefully cost them a few more seats.

Oh, and btw, Scozzafava was going to WIN this seat until the nuts messed it up.

The nuts did not screw it up. The nuts did exactly what they needed to do. The last thing they wanted was a republican in that seat acting as a democrat.
It would have allowed insincere use of the word Bi-partisanship.
She had to go....and it worked like a charm.

So it seems the nuts even fooled sane poeple like you.

It was quite obvious what was happening for weeks.....and I am not surpirsed it was too deep for you to see.

Your spin is only mildly amusing.

That's what happens when it's fact, and not spin.

Forum List

Back