Rush Limbag Challenges MSNBC

Oddball

Unobtanium Member
Jan 3, 2009
Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh challenged MSNBC on Tuesday to go 30 days without mentioning his name on television.

“Throughout the busy broadcast day, MSNBC cannot go an hour without mentioning me or playing video of me or having me discussed,” Limbaugh said. “I challenge you, MSNBC! Thirty days without anything mentioning me. No video of me, no guests commenting on me. See if you can do it.”

Limbaugh accused the cable network of trying to “build its ratings on my back” by making him a frequent subject of discussion and portraying him as a leader of the Republican Party.

SOURCE

M'kay, I don't watch GLBTNBC at all, so I wouldn't know if what Rush is claiming is factual.

But if piling on Rush backfired on the Obolshevik administration, what makes a cable "news" network think that the same strategy will get them any better results??

Wasn't 10 minutes before Ed declared "Guess what? This is MSNBC. We do politics. etc. etc. etc." and you can figure out the rest.

Wasn't 10 minutes before Ed declared "Guess what? This is MSNBC. We do politics. etc. etc. etc." and you can figure out the rest.
Ummmm....He mentioned Rush??

I don't get those cats....They can't hardly draw flies for viewers with their endless bashing of Rush, O'Reilly, and Fakes News, yet they keep doing it..

Howz that old saying about insanity go again??

Rush is so outrageous, you can't help but mention him even if it means giving his ratings a boost.

I'm thinking that it's getting to him if he issues a challenge like that. Rush is always one who loves getting mentioned any way he can. There's no such thing as bad publicity to him.

Rush is so outrageous, you can't help but mention him even if it means giving his ratings a boost.

I'm thinking that it's getting to him if he issues a challenge like that. Rush is always one who loves getting mentioned any way he can. There's no such thing as bad publicity to him.

Then one would think that the oh so intelligent ones wouldn't take the bait.... <chuckle>

Meh, just more hype to boost his ratings.

I think he was and is trying to show how irrelevant they would be if the went without mentioning him. His point was, if they don't mention his name for thirty days their ratings will be more in the toilet than they are now. Get it now?

It seems to show that he is not irrelevant. Today he (verbally/orally/rhetorically) stepped down as presumed "titular head" of the Republican Party, handing it over to Colen Powell. It's up to Powel now to come up with ideas for the Republican Party aside from the Republican Part being an adjunct to the Democrat Party. Within 2 hours that made the radio network news.

Seems to me he is showing his relevance by flexing his media muscle just a tiny, tiny bit. It's had a real effect.

Last edited:
Meh, just more hype to boost his ratings.

ROFL...

So... You figure that Rush is using MSNBC to boost his ratings?

Limbaughs audience is larger than MSNBC's WEEK, on Tuesdays' from 1:00-1:15.

Explain then, exactly why else he would care to make such a "challenge"?

Hmmmm.....If they don't mention his name for at least a month that would boost his ratings? Please see my post back a few KittenK.

ROFL...

So... You figure that Rush is using MSNBC to boost his ratings?

Limbaughs audience is larger than MSNBC's WEEK, on Tuesdays' from 1:00-1:15.

Hmmmm.....If they don't mention his name for at least a month that would boost his ratings? Please see my post back a few KittenK.

No, by making the challenge he boosts his ratings, advertising 101, to advertise a point, announce the opposite. Just the fact that he made the "challenge" will show up on almost all media networks, at least a few blips but most likely a lot more since the "swine flu" hype has died and the media has little else to report. Seriously, did you ever learn about advertising or public speaking, even a little?

No, by making the challenge he boosts his ratings, advertising 101, to advertise a point, announce the opposite. Just the fact that he made the "challenge" will show up on almost all media networks, at least a few blips but most likely a lot more since the "swine flu" hype has died and the media has little else to report. Seriously, did you ever learn about advertising or public speaking, even a little?

Where did you hear it?

Where did you hear it?

The same place all news channels now get their stories, online.

Where did you hear it?

The same place all news channels now get their stories, online.

I rarely pay attention to MSNBC, but Rush reported today that the only reference they've made about him since was obliquely, "talk radio". Once they weaken and mention him again, I'm sure he'll report same.
Sorry if I appeared to challenge your creds KittenK. I think your assertion is weak; beyond that no offense intended from here.

Forum List

Back