Is this a good thing?

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
i say no, and i'd say the same regardless of who was in office.

t's perfectly fine, of course, for the White House to put out its own version of events -- but is it right to do so by preventing actual reporters from covering something? (Even something like a pickup basketball game).

Do Obama White House officials think their media coverage isn't flattering enough?

Is the goal to ultimately replace the pesky photographers who film what they want to and not what they're told to (not to mention the annoying reporters who ask uncomfortable questions about, say, detainee policy and bank bailouts)?

Do You Want Your OTV? - Political Punch

Is the goal to ultimately replace the pesky photographers who film what they want to and not what they're told to (not to mention the annoying reporters who ask uncomfortable questions about, say, detainee policy and bank bailouts)?

Yes.

outrageous

and he won't allow the cameras in the bathroom while he is taking a crap, either

what is this man hiding?!

shooting hoops was a way for him to relate one on one with the team, off of the presidential podium, some media frenzy with the pool of reporters would have lost his goal of being just a ''person'' with them, and put the focus on it solely being a media photo op .....

• Banned
shooting hoops was a way for him to relate one on one with the team, off of the presidential podium, some media frenzy with the pool of reporters would have lost his goal of being just a ''person'' with them, and put the focus on it solely being a media photo op .....

pretty weak, care, but since it's your birthday month, i'll let it slide. :D

FWIW, I don't like when the press isn't allowed to do its job either, but you also know that the reporter is a bit cranky that he was excluded, too. What is the traditional way presidents have done stuff like this? Are there things they do privately?

FWIW, I don't like when the press isn't allowed to do its job either, but you also know that the reporter is a bit cranky that he was excluded, too. What is the traditional way presidents have done stuff like this? Are there things they do privately?

i'm sure there are things they've done privately, but it does beg the question if privacy was their goal, why did they put out their own press release complete with video?
that concerns me way more than simply not letting the press watch obama get beaten by the girls.:lol:

i'm sure there are things they've done privately, but it does beg the question if privacy was their goal, why did they put out their own press release complete with video?
that concerns me way more than simply not letting the press watch obama get beaten by the girls.:lol:

might be. lol... they are pretty good. maybe he didn't want another bowling thing. can't blame him. doesn't take much for the wingnuts to lose their minds.

Forum List

Back