Rush is back!

And more talking points from freewill:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/7340921-post1.html

Sorry, this thread was also created earlier.

Yes it was, and it didn't work there either. As I pointed out there, this is the distributor making the claim -- the entity that sells the program to radio stations. Which means they have a direct interest in floating PR that will sell it. The source of this, noted in the article, is "Premiere Radio senior vice president and director of talk radio sales Dan Metter".

They're selling a program. What the hell do you think they're going to say?

So what you're quoting is essentially ad copy from within the radio industry.

This site really should have a "think it through" button to hit before posting... :eusa_whistle:

LOL...

A liberal talking about "thinking"....

Now that's funny.

Is the claim attributed to Premiere Radio senior vice president and director of talk radio sales Dan Metter, or is it not?

That's interesting, since not long ago it was 20 million.

ZOMG

that is devasting

tell me...what liberal talking head blowhard comes close to his figures?

answer =

Of losing 30% of his audience?

Damned if I know. I'm not an ad buyer.
November 10, 2010
RUSH: I'm in the broadcasting business, just as they are.* They might want to say they're in the journalism business, the news business, and in a way they are, but even though they're cable, they're broadcasters.* I mean there are certain skill sets that you have to succeed at, and if you don't, you're gone.* If this program lost 20% of the audience I'd be gone.* I would take myself away.*

Even as an economic conservative I can't stand Rush. He gives conservatives a pretty bad image. Republicans deserve better than to be represented by sensationalism and intellectual dishonesty. No wonder we have a branding problem. i'm also not a very big fan of angry politics which is his bread and butter.

Last edited:
Even as an economic conservative I can't stand Rush. He gives conservatives a pretty bad image. Republicans deserve better than to be represented by sensationalism and intellectual dishonesty. No wonder we have a branding problem.

osomir:

here is the thing, rush doesn't represent anyone other than himself. only fools allow him to represent them.

And more talking points from freewill:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/7340921-post1.html

Sorry, this thread was also created earlier.

Yes it was, and it didn't work there either. As I pointed out there, this is the distributor making the claim -- the entity that sells the program to radio stations. Which means they have a direct interest in floating PR that will sell it. The source of this, noted in the article, is "Premiere Radio senior vice president and director of talk radio sales Dan Metter".

They're selling a program. What the hell do you think they're going to say?

So what you're quoting is essentially ad copy from within the radio industry.

This site really should have a "think it through" button to hit before posting... :eusa_whistle:
Exactly, After having his audience drop from 40+ million to 14 million, the pathological liar simply makes up a bigger number. The worse he is doing the better he claims he is doing.

November 07, 2012
RUSH:* Hey, any of you guys in there want to come sit in my chair today?* Anybody?* Nobody wants to come sit in my chair here?* None of you?* I mean, I'm giving you a golden opportunity to speak to, what, 50 million people.*

osomir:

here is the thing, rush doesn't represent anyone other than himself. only fools allow him to represent them.

Oh i agree, but he is often represented that way, and often represents himself that way. I suppose it more so bothers me how popular he is, and how strong of an influence he has on some conservative populations. As a former journalist, the quality and style of his reporting is also rather irritating given the low quality and standards he utilizes mixed with the emotive sensationalism. The same goes for "journalists" like Bill O'Reilly and Glenn Beck (on the conservative side, there are plenty of liberal examples as well). We deserve better and it is disappointing that so many people get drawn into their rubbish.

[

Sorry, NO. The highest rated radio host of all time is considering leaving Cumulus because it's head blamed it's loss of revenue on him. The truth is, advertisers ran but were replaced when it was noted that Limbaugh's ratings didn't collapse.
The whole idea behind advertising is not political ideology, but getting your product in front of people.

Look at the revenue of the companies that bailed. They may very well feel all socially conscious and shit, but they have lost business because they have lost exposure.

What they feel is that they aren't going to get dragged into his messes.

If you can reach just as many people advertising your product on the "Oldies Station", and you aren't dealing with millions of angry customers, that works, too.

Limbaugh is a dead man walking. when 49 out of 50 top advertisers say, "No Rush or Hannity", you're show is toxic.

Again, this is really Howard Stern or Dr. Laura territory. They both went to Satellite Radio when advertisers no longer wanted to take a chance on them. Limbaugh's heading there.

ZOMG

that is devasting

tell me...what liberal talking head blowhard comes close to his figures?

answer =

Of losing 30% of his audience?

Damned if I know. I'm not an ad buyer.

no pogo....what liberal blowhard like rush has 14 million listeners?

Once again slowly, I am not an ad buyer, so I don't know and I don't care. I'm also not a listener to radio blowhards. But I am a fan of the psychology.

Limblob invented attack dog radio. It may be that that kind of knuckledragger style appeals more to the right than the left. I dunno, you tell me.

[

Sorry, NO. The highest rated radio host of all time is considering leaving Cumulus because it's head blamed it's loss of revenue on him. The truth is, advertisers ran but were replaced when it was noted that Limbaugh's ratings didn't collapse.
The whole idea behind advertising is not political ideology, but getting your product in front of people.

Look at the revenue of the companies that bailed. They may very well feel all socially conscious and shit, but they have lost business because they have lost exposure.

What they feel is that they aren't going to get dragged into his messes.

If you can reach just as many people advertising your product on the "Oldies Station", and you aren't dealing with millions of angry customers, that works, too.

Limbaugh is a dead man walking. when 49 out of 50 top advertisers say, "No Rush or Hannity", you're show is toxic.

Again, this is really Howard Stern or Dr. Laura territory. They both went to Satellite Radio when advertisers no longer wanted to take a chance on them. Limbaugh's heading there.

-- which is probably not a healthy destination for a guy whose audience consists largely of septuagenarian technophobes.

Meanwhile, back in reality.

Radio Ink Magazine

On Monday, Rush's people made it clear they were not happy with Dickey blaming any past company revenue shortfalls on Rush and they didn't want to hear it again on Cumulus' quarterly conference call. Both David Hinkley at the New York Daily News and Politico were sent words of warning aimed at Dickey by anonymous sources. Dickey never mentioned Rush by name in the call, only the statement above. Then, a very high ranking Cumulus official sent the following statement to Radio Ink, and asked not to be sourced. "Forty-eight of the top 50 network advertisers have “excluded Rush and Hannity” orders. Every major national ad agency has the same dictate."
:redface:
Rush got most of his advertisers back (there were some he wouldn't accept back) and got a slew of new ones. Liberals can make up anything they want. They collide with the wall of reality.
link? Who did he "get back"?

BTW- I'm all for him staying on the radio. He drives indies & undecideds to vote for the Democrats :thup:

For all those that hailed the end of Conservative talk radio:

NEW YORK - Rush Limbaugh’s distributor on Thursday said there is no denying the conservative radio host’s controversial comments about Sandra Fluke hurt advertising last year — but 2013 is apparently a whole different ballgame.

This year, Limbaugh is drawing new advertisers and recovering well after the major boycott he faced in response to his broadcasts on Fluke, Premiere Radio senior vice president and director of talk radio sales Dan Metter told the Talkers New York 2013 conference.

Read more: Distributor: Rush Limbaugh doing ?very well? - Mackenzie Weinger - POLITICO.com

he was gone

funny the lefties didnt mention that

--LOL

Libs were all talking about him being fired from Cumulus because of him losing advertisers. Now we find that he was considering leaving, not the other way around.

If Limbaugh does leave Cumulus, I would bet Beck and Hannity won't be far behind.

It may be a moot point since advertising revenue is back and stronger than ever.

Obama the great uniter

Libs were all talking about him being fired from Cumulus because of him losing advertisers. Now we find that he was considering leaving, not the other way around.

If Limbaugh does leave Cumulus, I would bet Beck and Hannity won't be far behind.

It may be a moot point since advertising revenue is back and stronger than ever.

Obama the great uniter

uuhhh......... what?

I'm so glad I have not heard this spiteful.....hateful man in a long time. He has a hole in his soul that no amount of narcotic drugs or money or evil hurt could fill. Fuck you rush. When you die your hate dies with you.

Pff, NCIS has 21 million viewers and gives me something to watch.

In all seriousness, though, he's been in the business long enough that it won't get to his head... but also, consider that he doesn't have a lot of competition.

I'm am one of those 21 million viewers of NCIS that watch just one hour per week.

14 million people listen at least one hour a day if not every day to Rush... BIG difference!

Harrison's own calculation -- that Limbaugh typically attracts about 14.25 million listeners weekly -- is based on Arbitron figures from about 30 cities and spot checks of a similar number of stations. Harrison stands by his guess even though Limbaugh's program is heard on more than 600 stations across the country. "Once you get below the big markets, [the audience] doesn't add up to critical mass," he said.
Limbaugh's Audience Size? It's Largely Up in the Air - Washington Post

Forum List

Back