Rural Backlash Against Renewables Surges, With 67 Rejections of Solar in U.S. Over Past 11 Months

In our county, farmers rent 5 acre parcels to Sanyo to build a windmill and get $60,000 a year in rent, stabilizing their farm income, and giving Ontario some of the lowest electricity costs in North America.
Imagine getting a check like that with zero cost or work required.

Brainwashed hater dupe trump voter backlash you mean. Another great example of the GOP being a disaster for the country with misinformation, all to save the greedy idiot GOP rich from paying their fair share. Thanks big oil GOP
10 out of 12 Never Trumpers in The GOP were beaten by Trump backed Candidates in their primaries.
200 Trump backed candidates won their primaries across the country.
You and your Globalist DemNazi Fascist friends and your lies simply are falling on deaf ears.
No one believes you anymore, and no one cares about you anymore.
You will get the ass whipping you deserve this November and again in 2024.

imagine being a fucking idiot.

oh you dont have to imagine it.
Idiot?
Really? That’s what you offer?
Imagine if you and your neighbors weren’t voting to keep them out. Maybe they’d invest in your area.
A check like that would go a long way in making payments on your equipment.

Brainwashed hater dupe trump voter backlash you mean. Another great example of the GOP being a disaster for the country with misinformation, all to save the greedy idiot GOP rich from paying their fair share. Thanks big oil GOP
You mean there's backlash from getting fucked up the ass? The poor are the ones who suffer from these green energy boondoggles. Biden is the one responsible for doubling the price of gasoline, not "big oil."

Last edited:
In our county, farmers rent 5 acre parcels to Sanyo to build a windmill and get $60,000 a year in rent, stabilizing their farm income, and giving Ontario some of the lowest electricity costs in North America.
Welfare.

Idiot?
Really? That’s what you offer?
Imagine if you and your neighbors weren’t voting to keep them out. Maybe they’d invest in your area.
A check like that would go a long way in making payments on your equipment.
imagine farmers that make a profit and dont need help from anyone.

imagine if renewable energy could say the same thing!!!!!

500 acres of soy beans. Average yield this year about 70 bushels an acre, selling price of soybeans... around 13 a bushel

Do the math

The average yield is around 50 bushels per acre this year. And that's a record yield.

Not only are your numbers off, but you forgot to add the cost of planting, raising and harvesting the crop, which is running around $10 per bushel, giving that 500 acre farm a profit of around $75,000 which really isn't much. That's a profit of $150 per acre.

This is why renting a 5 acre parcel for to a windmill company makes so much sense. It adds $60,000 of income for the farmer, without raising his or her costs. And that income is stable with no reliance on the weather, or the yield in any given year.

It appears that people are finally starting to wise up about the renewable energy swindle.

The hype about wind and solar energy keeps colliding with the hard reality of land-use conflicts. Nowhere is that more obvious than in Ohio, where 41 townships have rejected or restricted the expansion of wind and/or solar projects since last November. In addition, at least eight Ohio counties have implemented restrictions on Big Wind and Big Solar over that same time period.
The soaring number of rejections – all of which are documented in the Renewable Rejection Database – brings the total number of solar rejections in the U.S. this year to 67. That total includes the October 12 unanimous vote by the Linn County, Iowa, Board of Supervisors to implement a moratorium on solar projects in their county. In all, since 2017, 94 communities across the U.S. have rejected or restricted Big Solar.
Wind projects are also facing fierce resistance, particularly in Ohio, a swing state that is critical to presidential candidates. Thus far in 2022, 46 local governments, 40 of which are in Ohio, have rejected or restricted wind projects. Furthermore, since 2015, 370 communities from Maine to Hawaii have rejected or restricted wind projects.
As I have noted in many previous articles, these hundreds of rejections are routinely ignored by big media outlets. Further, they don’t square with the schemes being promoted by academics from Princeton, Stanford, and other elite universities who routinely claim that the U.S. can build thousands of megawatts of new solar and wind capacity in rural America and do so in just a few years. But the facts cannot be denied.
Here is the lowdown on what’s happening in Ohio. On August 23, the Ohio Capitol Journal reported that “At least 10 Ohio counties have passed resolutions blocking the development of new utility-scale wind and solar projects within all or part........

Once again proving that conservatives will convince people to vote against their own best interests time and time again.

You mean there's backlash from getting fucked up the ass? The poor are the ones who suffer from these green energy boondoggles. Biden is the one responsible for doubling the price of gasoline, not "big oil."
the real world knows that it is Putin attacking Ukraine and screwing up the oil markets and the grain markets, 15% of the above comes from that area. Biden did not start the avian flu either which is why eggs cost 30% more. And yes there is gouging going on by the big oil big pharma big food etcetera etcetera the scumbags.... Of course we'd be a lot better off without the GOP obstructing all progress in alternative energy and around the world, just the same thing with the pandemic response, you're leading the anti vax idiots around the world. Great job I also want to thank you for 60 years of blocking birth control and abortions around the world so we have 9 billion people and people going out in the jungles et cetera and catching these damn diseases. You people are a total catastrophe. Keep blocking the living wage healthcare daycare paid parental leave cheap college and training ID card to end illegal immigration, keep voting for the giveaway to the rich GOP swine you dumb ships lol.

Imagine getting a check like that with zero cost or work required.

It really has been a boon to small family farmers. Our average farm size is 233 acres, with standard farm parcels being 100 acres. Recent years have seen a lot of consolidations and big corporate farms. The stand alone family farm is disappearing here too. That 100 acre parcel, now costs in excess of $100 million locally.

Most small farmers now have to have at least a part time job in town, or a spouse that works full time. Having a $60,000 check every spring means they don't have to borrow to plant crops and they have money to buy groceries until the crop is harvested. Or the money can be used to buy equipment.

Once again proving that conservatives will convince people to vote against their own best interests time and time again.
And suddenly you know what’s in my best interest. Explain how surrounding my property with your nasty ass windmills or solar farms is in my best interest. It sounds more like it’s in your best interest to make me look at that shit every day. I have a better idea. Take your subsidies and eco bullshit and plant it in your fucking yard. Every one of you democrat voters needs to fill up your back yard with a windmill or cover it in solar panels. Once you all have done that we can have a chat about me doing something like that. Until then fuck off. And you fucking off is in my best interest.

And suddenly you know what’s in my best interest. Explain how surrounding my property with your nasty ass windmills or solar farms is in my best interest. It sounds more like it’s in your best interest to make me look at that shit every day. I have a better idea. Take your subsidies and eco bullshit and plant it in your fucking yard. Every one of you democrat voters needs to fill up your back yard with a windmill or cover it in solar panels. Once you all have done that we can have a chat about me doing something like that. Until then fuck off. And you fucking off is in my best interest.

Once again you get all of your exercise jumping to conclusions. Do you think you're better off dealing with $100 billion dollars in wildfire damage to your infrastructure and housing every years? What about the costs of the "storm of the century" that you're now getting every five years or so? Katrina, Harvey, Andrew, Sandy, Ian. That's 5 since the turn of the century.

I don't have all of the answers, but your current course of head in the sand denial isn't working very well for you. All of my electricity comes from water, wind or solar. My entire province went fully green 20 years ago. Ready for that discussion now asshat????

Once again you get all of your exercise jumping to conclusions. Do you think you're better off dealing with $100 billion dollars in wildfire damage to your infrastructure and housing every years? What about the costs of the "storm of the century" that you're now getting every five years or so? Katrina, Harvey, Andrew, Sandy, Ian. That's 5 since the turn of the century.

I don't have all of the answers, but your current course of head in the sand denial isn't working very well for you. All of my electricity comes from water, wind or solar. My entire province went fully green 20 years ago. Ready for that discussion now asshat????
You can’t have five storms and call them all storms of the century. That’s just fucking weather and those you listed don’t even make up the top five of the worst in the last century. Stop adopting the code words of the left wing media you stupid sheep.

If it wasn’t for the dam you built you’d be fucked. Now stop telling others how to do shit and mind your own fucking business.

I just checked your profile to see where you’re from. You’re bragging about water providing power and you live at Niagara Falls!? LMAO! Of course you moron. If you couldn’t make all the power you need from there you’re fucking retarded. What a typical left wing moron.

Forum List

Back