RUMOR: Obama's State Of the Union Adress will include GEORGE BUSH!!!

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
I heard a rumor that Obama's state of the union adress will be laying blame for stuff at the feet of bush/cheney or be attacking bush and cheney.

I have no link, no real source, but i heard it somewhere on TV or on the radio.

I sure hope he isn't reliant on his advisors so much that he lets them dupe him into doing that, it would be very bad for the office of the President and the president himself.

You don't honestly believe that Obama is going to take responsibility for anything do you? I'm sure that before his State of the Union speech is over, he will have blamed the past administration for multiple things - including his inability to get things done because it was "so messed up".

Another example, if it happens, of the disconnect with reality that this Administration has. And what a precedent to set ehh? Carter and Clinton and Cheney are bad enough.

I heard a rumor that Obama's state of the union adress will be laying blame for stuff at the feet of bush/cheney or be attacking bush and cheney.

I sure hope he isn't reliant on his advisors so much that he lets them dupe him into doing that, it would be very bad for the office of the President and the president himself.

Boy, you repubs win one statewide election and you think you can advise the president on his state of the union speech? It would be very bad for the office of the president and the president himself to do THAT.

Get a grip, America still isn't listening to you.

Well if he does just file it under, Gee, what else is new?

However, there's been talk lately of pivoting in the year ahead and concentrating on jobs and deficit reduction. Which is truly laughable IMO considering what went on in year one, but every House member and some in the Senate have elections looming just 10 short months down the road and it's definitely in their best interests to attempt to shift the focus of the electorate. But if they are dumb enough to try to convince folks they're serious about those two issues the rhetoric and ads from the opposition will be blistering.

If he does, that dog won't dance, the people are on to his excuses and unemployment rose more than expected again last week.

Boy, you repubs win one statewide election and you think you can advise the president on his state of the union speech? It would be very bad for the office of the president and the president himself to do THAT.

They are America, idiot. It is Washington that isn't listening.... and if you were half as smart as you think you are, you would recognize what a seriously big deal that loss in MA was. That was the voice of America.

That would be stupid...everyone knows ALL our problems can be blamed on FDR, LBJ, Carter and Clinton...

good. that guarantee's his ass is gone in 012. that's what we want anyway.

its not a state of the union. its a state of the regime. and mainstream America knows what state its in. :eusa_whistle:

besides ive scheduled a headache for that night

Osama's an experimental. a prototype. they'll roll him out there with a teleprompter hung around his neck. :razz:

That would be stupid...everyone knows ALL our problems can be blamed on FDR, LBJ, Carter and Clinton...

Ironic how close to the truth the attempt at humor comes. Add this one to the list:

"President Wilson is mostly remembered today as the first modern liberal president, the first (and only) POTUS with a PhD, and the only political scientist to occupy the Oval Office. He was the champion of “self determination” and the author of the idealistic but doomed “Fourteen Points” – his vision of peace for Europe and his hope for a League of Nations. But the nature of his presidency has largely been forgotten.

That’s a shame, because Wilson’s two terms in office provide the clearest historical window into the soul of progressivism. Wilson’s racism, his ideological rigidity, and his antipathy toward the Constitution were all products of the progressive worldview. And since “progressivism” is suddenly in vogue – today’s leading Democrats proudly wear the label – it’s worth actually reviewing what progressivism was and what actually happened under the last full-throated progressive president.

The record should give sober pause to anyone who’s mesmerized by the progressive promise.

But they don’t even understand their own intellectual history."
The First “Progressive” President - Transterrestrial Musings

Ironic how close to the truth the attempt at humor comes. Add this one to the list:

"President Wilson is mostly remembered today as the first modern liberal president, the first (and only) POTUS with a PhD, and the only political scientist to occupy the Oval Office. He was the champion of “self determination” and the author of the idealistic but doomed “Fourteen Points” – his vision of peace for Europe and his hope for a League of Nations. But the nature of his presidency has largely been forgotten.

That’s a shame, because Wilson’s two terms in office provide the clearest historical window into the soul of progressivism. Wilson’s racism, his ideological rigidity, and his antipathy toward the Constitution were all products of the progressive worldview. And since “progressivism” is suddenly in vogue – today’s leading Democrats proudly wear the label – it’s worth actually reviewing what progressivism was and what actually happened under the last full-throated progressive president.

The record should give sober pause to anyone who’s mesmerized by the progressive promise.

Hey PC...pack your bags, you are in luck! There are still societies today that have survived without a progressive element...

ALL you have to do is change your avatar...

islam-women-of-kabul.jpg

Meet PC...Robert Frost's hired (wo)man, the fate of having "nothing to look backward to with pride, and nothing to look forward to with hope."

I didn't mean to get your panties all twisted up there sarah. Like I said it was just a rumor I heard somewhere yesterday but I was tuned into so many different stations I dont remember where it was.

Do you really think that if Obama blames stuff on Bush in the state of the union it will help his image and poll numbers? Really?

Of course it will have Bush/Cheney and the 8 years preceeding his reign in it. Nothing is his or his administrations fault. Thats clear to see and hear.

Wonder if he will still be blaming Bush/Cheney in 2012.????

Hey PC...pack your bags, you are in luck! There are still societies today that have survived without a progressive element...

islam-women-of-kabul.jpg

Meet PC...Robert Frost's hired (wo)man, the fate of having "nothing to look backward to with pride, and nothing to look forward to with hope."

And give up the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution...

I think I'll pass.

And for your further edification:

. “It has been close to 100 years now that the majority of people teaching in American colleges and universities have agreed with Woodrow Wilson, one of the founders of the Progressive movement and the first to write explicitly that the Declaration of Independence is obsolete, and that we need to liberate the Constitution from the Declaration's restraints. This liberation leads to the idea of a "living Constitution," characterized by constant change or progress. Absolute truth, to the extent that ordinary people still believe in it, obstructs change or progress—which is why President Obama refers to it, in the passage I read, as tyrannical. But if change or progress is the rule, who is to determine what version of change or progress is good? And the logical problem here—as any Hillsdale student could tell you—is that once you deny the existence of absolute truth, the definition of "good" becomes subjective and the only standard of behavior is what we want—"we," in the political sense, meaning the government or bureaucracy. It reduces politics not to right, but to force. That is why there is this bullying spirit about our government today, and why so many Americans are worried.”
https://www.hillsdale.edu/news/imprimis/archive/issue.asp?year=2009&month=12

Truly who can all our problems be blamed on? Theodore Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson as they are the ones who first brought progressive ideologies into the office of the president.

islam-women-of-kabul.jpg

And give up the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution...

I think I'll pass.

And for your further edification:

. “It has been close to 100 years now that the majority of people teaching in American colleges and universities have agreed with Woodrow Wilson, one of the founders of the Progressive movement and the first to write explicitly that the Declaration of Independence is obsolete, and that we need to liberate the Constitution from the Declaration's restraints. This liberation leads to the idea of a "living Constitution," characterized by constant change or progress. Absolute truth, to the extent that ordinary people still believe in it, obstructs change or progress—which is why President Obama refers to it, in the passage I read, as tyrannical. But if change or progress is the rule, who is to determine what version of change or progress is good? And the logical problem here—as any Hillsdale student could tell you—is that once you deny the existence of absolute truth, the definition of "good" becomes subjective and the only standard of behavior is what we want—"we," in the political sense, meaning the government or bureaucracy. It reduces politics not to right, but to force. That is why there is this bullying spirit about our government today, and why so many Americans are worried.”
https://www.hillsdale.edu/news/imprimis/archive/issue.asp?year=2009&month=12

Wow PC, the depth of your blind ignorance is truly overwhelming. It is active ignorance, because it is so diligently dogmatic and polemic.

The death knell of America is when we have college presidents that are members of think tanks funded by the wolves that ravage our planet with a political agenda that believes 'absolute truth' is that we must follow the Bush Doctrine of American imperialism.

It is a shame you don't own your own mind...

Of course it will have Bush/Cheney and the 8 years preceeding his reign in it. Nothing is his or his administrations fault. Thats clear to see and hear.

Wonder if he will still be blaming Bush/Cheney in 2012.????

This guy is a total boob, had to take a poll to decide which time slot and day he was going to make The Blame Bush State of the Union speech. I am wondering how many time he will blame Bush and say the word "Me" of "I". I'm hoping the teleprompter stalls in the middle of the speech and see him sqirm and studder like a fool.

Forum List

Back