Rules are Rules... I am Certain the Liberals who...

Rules are Rules... I am Certain the Liberals who Supported the Removal of the General who Dared to even Appear Questioning the POTUS will Support the Military in Enforcing their Rules regarding an Insubordinate Lt.

Army Discharges Lt. Dan Choi, 'Don't Ask' Critic Who Told

Let's see...

:)

peace...

speaking of hypocrites...

I have a feeling YOU supported the right of that general to speak his mind and strongly opposed his ouster.....yes?

and YOU support the discharge of this gay......yes?

correct me if I'm wrong (and I won't believe you)

I'm not going anywhere Shadow...

He's not dismissing my points and then demanding answers to his questions...

peace...

These "points"?
Blacks and Whites can ProCreate... It's Natural... And NOT Analagous to Chosen Sexual Deviations.

Why Homosexuals do what they do is Based in Choice, even it Bad Wiring is the Source...

They still have Choice.

It shouldn't be a Crime, but it also does NOT Deserve a False Equality in some Settings.

Marriage is one o

f them.

Blacks and Whites can ProCreate... It's Natural... And NOT Analagous to Chosen Sexual Deviations.

These "deviations" are no different than your own. What consentual adults do in the privacy of their own home is not the business of Government. They want to marry because they love each other not because they have sex together

Why Homosexuals do what they do is Based in Choice, even it Bad Wiring is the Source...

Whether it is choice or prewired does not matter. Why cant you marry the person you love if that is your choice? Blacks marrying whites is a personal choice. They could chose to marry their own race but choose to marry the person they love

OK...your questions are answered

Now...How does two gays who love each other getting married affect you?

You have a very long wait coming. Either your answers will be ignored....or they will be declared not "true" answers...or suddenly someone will find that they wish to take time away from these boards (that's what happened to me, btw)

peace...

These "points"?

They still have Choice.

It shouldn't be a Crime, but it also does NOT Deserve a False Equality in some Settings.

Marriage is one o

f them.

These "deviations" are no different than your own. What consentual adults do in the privacy of their own home is not the business of Government. They want to marry because they love each other not because they have sex together

Whether it is choice or prewired does not matter. Why cant you marry the person you love if that is your choice? Blacks marrying whites is a personal choice. They could chose to marry their own race but choose to marry the person they love

It affects me exactly the same way siblings marrying or humans marrying animals does...

peace...

Rules are Rules... I am Certain the Liberals who Supported the Removal of the General who Dared to even Appear Questioning the POTUS will Support the Military in Enforcing their Rules regarding an Insubordinate Lt.

Let's see...

peace...

I am a liberal. If this guy broke the rules he should pay the price for doing so. Will YOU be supportive of the military and their enforcement of the NEW rules once DADT is repealed? I hope so.

peace...

These "points"?

They still have Choice.

Marriage is one o

f them.

You have a very long wait coming. Either your answers will be ignored....or they will be declared not "true" answers...or suddenly someone will find that they wish to take time away from these boards (that's what happened to me, btw)

Wrong again Dumptruck...

peace...

peace...

These "points"?

They still have Choice.

Marriage is one o

f them.

allowing gays to marry would help the economy;

marriage licences would give the government more $
and weddings provide income for; caterers, tux rentals, wedding gifts, bands, rings,

plus; people fly to/drive to wedding ceremonies, stay in hotels....

denying gays the same right to marry the person they love is bad for business!

peace...

These "points"?

They still have Choice.

Marriage is one o

f them.

It affects me exactly the same way siblings marrying or humans marrying animals does...

peace...

and that is HOW, exactly?

Let's see...

peace...

I am a liberal. If this guy broke the rules he should pay the price for doing so. Will YOU be supportive of the military and their enforcement of the NEW rules once DADT is repealed? I hope so.

Rules are rules... and the military lose more than it will gain.

peace...

Let's see...

peace...

peace...

you didn't answer my question

and your grammar is atrocious. "and the military lose more than it will gain" is a nonsensical phrase. care to edit it? I don't speak retard either.

These "points"?

peace...

and that is HOW, exactly?

I'm sure you have noticed the non-answer. ;)

peace...

and your grammar is atrocious. "and the military lose more than it will gain" is a nonsensical phrase. care to edit it? I don't speak retard either.

I'm posting from my Droid... more will leave or not join than will be gained by outing homosexuals...

peace...

peace...

A guy I know on the internet, and whom I consider a good friend, is gay, and was forced out of the Marine Corps. Others, whose judgement I trust, have repeatedly said he was an excellent Marine, very dedicated, very good at his job. They know because they served alongside him.

The military lost out when they chucked him out.

I used to oppose gays serving openly. I thank John for sharing his experiences with me and making me realize that anyone with the ability and the talent should be allowed to serve his or her nation.

peace...

These "points"?

They still have Choice.

Marriage is one o

f them.

peace...

Again with the bestiality reference. What does bestiality have to do with homosexuals more than it has to do with you? If you have sex with females and someone has sex with a female animal, their actions are closer to yours than a homosexuals

Sibling marriage is banned because of the posibility of birth defects. Since you, yourself celibrated the inability of homosexuals to procreate with each other.....isn't it safer?

So how does Homosexual Marriage impact you? You have not demonstrated any harm to you or society

peace...

A guy I know on the internet, and whom I consider a good friend, is gay, and was forced out of the Marine Corps. Others, whose judgement I trust, have repeatedly said he was an excellent Marine, very dedicated, very good at his job. They know because they served alongside him.

The military lost out when they chucked him out.

I used to oppose gays serving openly. I thank John for sharing his experiences with me and making me realize that anyone with the ability and the talent should be allowed to serve his or her nation.

I was opposed to gays serving in the military until a subordinate of mine was outed by another member of my team. The outed person was in fact a superior soldier to one doing the outing, not to mention a good friend, who respectfully kept his gayness to himself. We suspected, before then but no one knew, until one night by chance our gay soldier was seen exiting a restaurant holding hands and kissing a guy. I'd served with this man for 8 years at the point when he was outed, including having him standing over me with an M16 for 4 hours while a doctor attempted a field removal of a bullet from my leg while we were surrounded by Iraqis and air support wasn't available b/c of weather. I have NO doubt that that man would have given his life to protect me while I was incapable of protecting myself. NONE.

You know how we resolved it? We all got together, went out and got shit faced and decided among our brothers that gay or not this man was one of us and the rules could go fuck themselves. The outer included, no report was made , and this man , as well as the outer, are still in the Guard and still contributing his skills to the good fight.

However, I do hope that everyone can admit that there is a vast difference between my friend and those who want to FLAUNT their gayness. THOSE people have NO place in the military.

Why am I telling myself that I'm going to really REALLY regret posting in this thread. Oh well, here goes anyway. . . .

First, in my opinion homosexuality is not a choice for most gay and lesbian people. Nor is it a moral problem. Nor is it anything like racism or sexism or whatever other 'isms one wishes to compare it with. For purposes of this topic, procreation or marriage are not issues either.

The issue goes to biological norms only, and it is that which presents a problem for a military who knows that is is a problem and complicates things when soldiers are having sexual relations with other soldiers.

So there is little or no problem with soliders having sexual relations with other soldiers when the whole group is heterosexual male or heterosexual female. The probability that any of these will be attracted to others of their own gender is almost nil.

And it is prudent to make sure that men and women, even in the military, have separate sleeping quarters, separate shower facilities, etc. where dressing, undressing, and sexual attraction is likely to take place. Evenso, the incidence of rape, sexual assault, mutual relations, and pregancy are higher in the co-ed military than in the general population. You sure don't want to create even more compromising conditions than already exist.

You simply can't put young men and women at their sexual peak and with raging hormones in continuous compromising conditions and not have some act on it, rules or no rules. The sensible policy is to remove opportunity and temptation as much as possible.

So where do you put the gay guys and gals? You can't put the guys in with the women because they are guys. Ditto putting the gals in with the men. And if you put two gay guys together or two gay gals together, you have the same problems you have when the heterosexual guys and gals are mixed.

So short of having separate rooms and shower facilities for every soldier, how do you create an environment in which the soldiers are more focused on soldiering than they are on each other?

And I think that is the issue that makes this a problem that is not easily solved.

peace...

I'm posting from my Droid... more will leave or not join than will be gained by outing homosexuals...

peace...

another unsupported opinion from you stated as if it were a fact.

I think that when gays can serve openly, many many long serving professional military personnel, who state they are opposed to gays serving in the military, will be amazed at all the former colleagues of theirs coming out of the closet whose dedication and professionalism they never questioned.

Last edited:

peace...

another unsupported opinion.

I think that when gays can serve openly, many many long serving professional military personnel, who state they are opposed to gays serving in the military, will be amazed at all the former colleagues of theirs coming out of the closet whose dedication and professionalism they never questioned.

By and large you are wrong about that. The military is not chock full of gays just waiting to make their gayness public.

peace...

another unsupported opinion.

Indeed. Of course, it is nice to see opinions given by those who have actually served and know what military life is like...not from watching John Wayne movies.

Forum List

Back