Rule 9

Like the OP states, it's a rumor at this point, nothing more.

The only thing that makes me think there might be something to it is the behavior of Pence in recent days. It seems like he is purposely distancing himself from the candidate... why is that? Very unconventional, especially considering Trump's attitude toward dissent.

Probably Pence thinks he still has a future after this.

He doesn't.

Trump has probably excluded you guys from the White House for a generation.

Meh... Trump Fan Boys disagree.... not unexpected.
I'm not a fan boy, that's the world you live in. It is a logical choice for me, it's him or Hillary. Sobbing over Cruz does nothing.

Well sorry, guess I'm gonna sob over Cruz. Oh fucking well. :dunno:

Look, I am through trying to penetrate the hard heads. You don't care to listen to me, you want to insult me and call me names... say I'm butthurt and sobbing over Cruz... whatever. Go ahead and lose the election to Hillary! Then try and sell your nonsense that it was all my fault. We already know that's what's going to happen... maybe that was the plan all along... nominate Trump so we can kill of the Establishment and Conservative Republicans all at the same time.

The thing is, whether or not you've destroyed Ted Cruz, Conservatives are still here. We'll regroup and find a new candidate. We'll be back, we're not going away. But look.. you enjoy the next 4-8 years of Soviet leadership under Emperor Hillary. You deserve it!
You insulted me first, Sport. The hard head is on you. There are two choices now. Two. You are shrill and hysterical and caught up in the media feeding frenzy. I am not. I deal with reality the way it is, not the way I want it to be.

I don't see how I insulted you... you mean calling you a 'fan boy'? That's an accurate descriptor. You said I am "sobbing over Cruz" and I don't think I am... I fully understand that Cruz is out of the race... something that many Trump fan boys don't seem to realize.

By the same media sources that reported that they were planning a convention coup against Trump no doubt in stories with the same players. They are looking at it in case Trump quits, which he won't. He would have to do it pretty quick to switch names on the ballot.

Like the OP states, it's a rumor at this point, nothing more.

The only thing that makes me think there might be something to it is the behavior of Pence in recent days. It seems like he is purposely distancing himself from the candidate... why is that? Very unconventional, especially considering Trump's attitude toward dissent.

Pence may not be the candidate and everybody just about is distancing themselves from Trump. It will blow over after the Olympics/school starting etc. and people distracted by their real world lives. I saw something interesting in Hardball last night: Clinton's popularity rises the more out of the limelight she is. The more in the limelight she is, the lower her numbers get. HArd to see how she can be the next President Elect in the media eyes and not be in the limelight. Who knows.

Pence may not be the candidate and everybody just about is distancing themselves from Trump. It will blow over after the Olympics/school starting etc. and people distracted by their real world lives. I saw something interesting in Hardball last night: Clinton's popularity rises the more out of the limelight she is. The more in the limelight she is, the lower her numbers get. HArd to see how she can be the next President Elect in the media eyes and not be in the limelight. Who knows.

If the democrats nominated someone charismatic, they'd be wiping the floor with Trump right now.

My guess is Hillary will be like Nixon in 1972. She'll win by a comfortable margin but will be pretty unpopular the whole time she is president.

If the democrats nominated someone charismatic, they'd be wiping the floor with Trump right now.

My guess is Hillary will be like Nixon in 1972. She'll win by a comfortable margin but will be pretty unpopular the whole time she is president.

It cuts both ways really. They are both lucky there isn't a none of the above option on the election machines. As for who will win, I think polling indirectly gives Trump a slight advantage in that Hillary being up double digits and still below 50 means the anti-establishment fever is still around. That favors Trump. Likely lower turn out favors Trump. As I posted on another thread last night, I expect a lot of people will still vote for Trump and then vote against the GOP in other races as a way to washing the nasty out of their soul. If the election were held today, I think Trump would win and the GOP would lose the House, which probably is scaring the GOP establishment more and why you are seeing all this anti-Trump movement within the GOP. Goes against conventional wisdom but this is not a conventional election with conventional dynamics.

I'm not a fan boy, that's the world you live in. It is a logical choice for me, it's him or Hillary. Sobbing over Cruz does nothing.

Look, I am through trying to penetrate the hard heads. You don't care to listen to me, you want to insult me and call me names... say I'm butthurt and sobbing over Cruz... whatever. Go ahead and lose the election to Hillary! Then try and sell your nonsense that it was all my fault. We already know that's what's going to happen... maybe that was the plan all along... nominate Trump so we can kill of the Establishment and Conservative Republicans all at the same time.

The thing is, whether or not you've destroyed Ted Cruz, Conservatives are still here. We'll regroup and find a new candidate. We'll be back, we're not going away. But look.. you enjoy the next 4-8 years of Soviet leadership under Emperor Hillary. You deserve it!
You insulted me first, Sport. The hard head is on you. There are two choices now. Two. You are shrill and hysterical and caught up in the media feeding frenzy. I am not. I deal with reality the way it is, not the way I want it to be.

I don't see how I insulted you... you mean calling you a 'fan boy'? That's an accurate descriptor. You said I am "sobbing over Cruz" and I don't think I am... I fully understand that Cruz is out of the race... something that many Trump fan boys don't seem to realize.
If Trump accomplishes the death of the R party, IMO that is most admirable.

Not at all. They fuel on denial.
It's a worthy observation even if it goes nowhere. Thank you for posting it.

I find it's always better to know what the possibilities are than to bury one's head in the sand making low moaning noises.

Now boys. Your party is going down in flames. This is no time to argue among yourselves. You should be hugging, and remembering the good times, like your death panel hayday, and when you made a national issue over a simple blowjob, or all the times when you shut down the government for no reason. Your world is ending. Face it together.

Yeah they really should have thought ahead about this before Orange Crash took them to the sewer. When they still had time, at the opening of the convention.

Like they did in 1912.

Even Rump would have had to salute the "ratings", which is the only mentality he understands.

Even Rump would have had to salute the "ratings", which is the only mentality he understands.
What's Hillary's rump have to do with anything? Trump got more votes than anyone in GOP history, and with 16 contenders. Libs overlook that particular detail.

What's Hillary's rump have to do with anything? Trump got more votes than anyone in GOP history, and with 16 contenders. Libs overlook that particular detail.

There were also more votes against him than anyone in GOP history. Kinda like the fox thing. More people believe they are truthful than any other cable network, and more people think they are pathological liars than any other network.

There were also more votes against him than anyone in GOP history. Kinda like the fox thing. More people believe they are truthful than any other cable network, and more people think they are pathological liars than any other network.
Wrong. What a stupid comment. Voting for your favorite candidate isn't a vote against someone else.

I would think Pence has got nothing to do with anything.

I would think they need to go back to Cruz or Kasich or Rubio.

Wrong. What a stupid comment. Voting for your favorite candidate isn't a vote against someone else.

Try to explain it any way you can, but more republicans didn't want him to get the nomination than any other republican candidate ever. Kinda puts your claim in perspective, doesn't it?

It cuts both ways really. They are both lucky there isn't a none of the above option on the election machines.

There is. It's called "Gary Johnson". But he won't get into single digits.

As for who will win, I think polling indirectly gives Trump a slight advantage in that Hillary being up double digits and still below 50 means the anti-establishment fever is still around.

Meh, I think it's the opposite. I think the fact that the reality of Trumpenfuhrer with a finger on the button is starting to sink in with people.

That favors Trump. Likely lower turn out favors Trump. As I posted on another thread last night, I expect a lot of people will still vote for Trump and then vote against the GOP in other races as a way to washing the nasty out of their soul. If the election were held today, I think Trump would win and the GOP would lose the House, which probably is scaring the GOP establishment more and why you are seeing all this anti-Trump movement within the GOP.

I think it's quite the opposite. I think a lot of people will vote for Hillary because she's not a crazy person and then vote GOP down ballot to keep her in check.

Goes against conventional wisdom but this is not a conventional election with conventional dynamics.

Meh, this election will probably be too conventional. Hillary will win all the states Obama won, maybe pick up one or two others. Which would be good enough. Trump will still win the Red states, even though he is manifestly unsuited to be President.

There is now some inside rumors the RNC is contemplating Rule 9, the replacing of a candidate after the convention. At this point, it's merely a rumor and there is nothing to confirm anything. The scuttlebutt is, they are trying to convince Trump to drop out and let Pence take the reigns for the remainder of the race. This could simply be noise from the Establishment insiders and nothing more... time will tell. However, I do see some "bread crumbs" from Pence in recent days to suggest there might be more to the rumor than just being a rumor.

It's rare that we see the VP pick in open contradiction to the candidate. Usually, regardless of who it is, we see the VP towing the line of the candidate, standing behind every word they say, defending their statements and showing solidarity of the ticket. We're not seeing those things from Pence. He downplayed the Kahn comments by Trump and he endorsed Paul Ryan, contrary to Trump. Given Trump's general attitude toward people who contradict him, this is quite unusual.

It's still not enough to hang your hat on. It could just be a lot of wishful thinking on part of the "nevertrumpers" but it's worth a post and some lively discussion. I don't know if it would salvage the presidential race or not... I get the feeling it's too late for that. But it may help stave off a swing of the Senate to democrats.

they would lose the house and senate.

so yeah, go for it.

It cuts both ways really. They are both lucky there isn't a none of the above option on the election machines.

There is. It's called "Gary Johnson". But he won't get into single digits.

As for who will win, I think polling indirectly gives Trump a slight advantage in that Hillary being up double digits and still below 50 means the anti-establishment fever is still around.

Meh, I think it's the opposite. I think the fact that the reality of Trumpenfuhrer with a finger on the button is starting to sink in with people.

That favors Trump. Likely lower turn out favors Trump. As I posted on another thread last night, I expect a lot of people will still vote for Trump and then vote against the GOP in other races as a way to washing the nasty out of their soul. If the election were held today, I think Trump would win and the GOP would lose the House, which probably is scaring the GOP establishment more and why you are seeing all this anti-Trump movement within the GOP.

I think it's quite the opposite. I think a lot of people will vote for Hillary because she's not a crazy person and then vote GOP down ballot to keep her in check.

Goes against conventional wisdom but this is not a conventional election with conventional dynamics.

Meh, this election will probably be too conventional. Hillary will win all the states Obama won, maybe pick up one or two others. Which would be good enough. Trump will still win the Red states, even though he is manifestly unsuited to be President.

I guess i see this "Keep the illegals out and stop sending jobs overseas" as having wide spread appeal to people who won't admit it because it is too PC.

I guess i see this "Keep the illegals out and stop sending jobs overseas" as having wide spread appeal to people who won't admit it because it is too PC.

It might have an appeal, but not to the point where sensible people can ignore Trump's other flaws.

A lot of people who are voting for Trump are sensible people who cannot ignore Hillary's flaws. Different people have different priorities. For some, stopping Hillary is good enough. Trump is just the only viable means to do it.

I don't think they could and have any shot at pleasing many. I think Pence would represent the fairest of choices under the circumstances. I also think Trump would have a huge say in it and he's not going to go for Cruz, Kasich or Rubio. He has already picked Pence as his "backup" so it would make perfect sense in that regard.

I still don't know what to make of this... whether it's just noise or something credible. I guess we shall see?

I don't think they could and have any shot at pleasing many. I think Pence would represent the fairest of choices under the circumstances. I also think Trump would have a huge say in it and he's not going to go for Cruz, Kasich or Rubio. He has already picked Pence as his "backup" so it would make perfect sense in that regard.

I still don't know what to make of this... whether it's just noise or something credible. I guess we shall see?

I suspect some of the Bush political apparatus maybe behind this. We have seen of number of former Bush 41 and 43 staff people openly say they are not backing either candidate.

Forum List

Back