Ruh roh:Steelworker Featured at DNC Didn’t Work for Bain

Underscoring the point that Progressives are Compulsive liars
They have to be. Undecideds would never support progressivism if they know the truth about it.

Here's his full comments. Where did he lie?

I’m David Foster, and I was a steelworker for 31 years. For 15 years, I laid brick and tapped the furnaces, and did all that hard, dirty work that turned molten metal into the cars and bridges and buildings that make America what it is today.

I also led the steelworkers in the upper Midwest, including GST Steel in Kansas City, a 100-year old company bought by Mitt Romney and his partners at Bain Capital in 1993. It’s a story that I wish didn’t have to be told, but America needs to know the truth.

When Romney and Bain took over the mill, they loaded it up with millions in debt—and within months, they used some of that borrowed money to pay themselves millions. Within a decade, the debt kept growing and was so large the company was forced into bankruptcy.

They fired 750 steelworkers while they pocketed $12 million in profit. A steelworker at GST Steel would have had to work 240 years to make $12 million.

In 2001, with GST bankrupt and Romney still CEO of Bain, I stood in front of hundreds of steelworkers in their 50s and 60s, and retirees in their 70s and 80s, and told them Romney and Bain had broken their promises. Jobs, vacation pay, severance, health insurance and pension benefits that were promised—they were all gone.

Now, some companies succeed; others fail. I know that. But I also know this: We don’t need a president who fires steelworkers or says, “Let Detroit go bankrupt.”

We need the leadership of a man who, during the darkest hours for America’s auto industry, rolled up his sleeves, risked his presidency, and saved over one million good auto jobs. We need Barack Obama.​

David Foster - 2012 Democratic National Convention

“former employees of companies controlled by Bain Capital.”

Which they showed. They also showed a representative of hundreds of people who worked at Bain. And they made him tell those people they were being fucked big time. Bain should have sent a representative.

When Romney fucks America, will he send a "representative" to tell us? I bet he won't. Because we are the "little people".

If we can bring a little joy into your "hum drum" lives then our hard work ain't been in vain for nothing.

Only 2 of the three people were actually former employees of companies controlled by Bain Capital... THIS guy was not. He was billed as one, and never corrected the introduction, dumb ass.

THEY LIED... All liberals lie, just like the guy in my signature says.

Liar. He introduced himself as follows:

I also led the steelworkers in the upper Midwest, including GST Steel in Kansas City, a 100-year old company bought by Mitt Romney and his partners at Bain Capital in 1993.

It's clear you didn't even watch the convention, yet lie about what was said. You're also a very petty person.

Your link says you're lying.

David Foster Former employee at a Company controlled by Romney’s Bain Capital

2012 Democratic National Convention Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I’m David Foster, and I was a steelworker for 31 years. For 15 years, I laid brick and tapped the furnaces, and did all that hard, dirty work that turned molten metal into the cars and bridges and buildings that make America what it is today.

Last edited:
Oh, and as for this part...

You just got thru admitting that it was the Dems introducing him who said he was a former Bain employee, yet here you're including someone else claiming that he made the claim himself.

As has already been pointed out, and you apparently agreed, he wasn't "masquerading".

You're being obtuse on purpose.

By not correcting the lie the Dems told when they introduced him, he was perpetuating the lie. His was a lie of omission... he omitted correcting the Dems lie.

Oh god, now I know you're just being a fuckin' troll!

Ok, I'm done. This thread's a fail. :D
If someone introduced you as a neurosurgeon, would you correct the mistake? Or would you let the audience believe you were a neurosurgeon?

They have to be. Undecideds would never support progressivism if they know the truth about it.

I also led the steelworkers in the upper Midwest, including GST Steel in Kansas City, a 100-year old company bought by Mitt Romney and his partners at Bain Capital in 1993. It’s a story that I wish didn’t have to be told, but America needs to know the truth.

When Romney and Bain took over the mill, they loaded it up with millions in debt—and within months, they used some of that borrowed money to pay themselves millions. Within a decade, the debt kept growing and was so large the company was forced into bankruptcy.

They fired 750 steelworkers while they pocketed $12 million in profit. A steelworker at GST Steel would have had to work 240 years to make $12 million.

In 2001, with GST bankrupt and Romney still CEO of Bain, I stood in front of hundreds of steelworkers in their 50s and 60s, and retirees in their 70s and 80s, and told them Romney and Bain had broken their promises. Jobs, vacation pay, severance, health insurance and pension benefits that were promised—they were all gone.

Now, some companies succeed; others fail. I know that. But I also know this: We don’t need a president who fires steelworkers or says, “Let Detroit go bankrupt.”

We need the leadership of a man who, during the darkest hours for America’s auto industry, rolled up his sleeves, risked his presidency, and saved over one million good auto jobs. We need Barack Obama.​

A crew leader also leads steelworkers. Again, he did not correct the lie that he worked for GST.

Also, he lied when he said Obama saved the auto industry. Obama saved the UAW -- period.

Only 2 of the three people were actually former employees of companies controlled by Bain Capital... THIS guy was not. He was billed as one, and never corrected the introduction, dumb ass.

THEY LIED... All liberals lie, just like the guy in my signature says.

It's clear you didn't even watch the convention, yet lie about what was said. You're also a very petty person.

Too stupid to know the difference between "AT" and "FOR" I see. Neither he, nor the DNC claimed he worked for GST, only that he worked at GST, which is a true statement. More importantly, Foster made very clear what his job was.

You cut out the very important part where he claims he was a former employee at a company controlled by Bain Capital.

Give it up......

By not correcting the introduction by the Democrats where they called him a former employee of a company controlled by Bain Capital, which he was not, he was lying by omission.

It's not rocket science.

If I introduce you as a rocket scientist, and you don't tell people you didn't even finish the 3rd grade, then you are lying by omission about being a rocket scientist.

Dumb ass.

A crew leader also leads steelworkers. Again, he did not correct the lie that he worked for GST.

Also, he lied when he said Obama saved the auto industry. Obama saved the UAW -- period.

He didn't lie. Romney penned an op-ed saying that the automakers should go bankrupt. You're just being petty.

By not correcting the lie the Dems told when they introduced him, he was perpetuating the lie. His was a lie of omission... he omitted correcting the Dems lie.

If someone introduced you as a neurosurgeon, would you correct the mistake? Or would you let the audience believe you were a neurosurgeon?

he'd let them believe it. Neurosurgeons get all the hot chicks.

By not correcting the introduction by the Democrats where they called him a former employee of a company controlled by Bain Capital, which he was not, he was lying by omission.

It's not rocket science.

If I introduce you as a rocket scientist, and you don't tell people you didn't even finish the 3rd grade, then you are lying by omission about being a rocket scientist.

Dumb ass.

What's to correct you petty little lying bitch? The intro didn't say he worked for GST, only that he worked at GST. That's a true statement. Nothing in his speech claimed he worked for the company, only that he represented the workers at the company that scumbag Romney and his cronies raped.

Too stupid to know the difference between "AT" and "FOR" I see. Neither he, nor the DNC claimed he worked for GST, only that he worked at GST, which is a true statement. More importantly, Foster made very clear what his job was.

At.........for........is.......the implication is clear.

Give it up dumb-ass.

It's not rocket science.

Dumb ass.

What's to correct you petty little lying bitch? The intro didn't say he worked for GST, only that he worked at GST. That's a true statement. Nothing in his speech claimed he worked for the company, only that he represented the workers at the company that scumbag Romney and his cronies raped.

Nope. If you say you are a former employee at a company controlled by Bain Capital that means you're saying you worked for that company.

If he had said he worked at the company that would be different. However he said he was a former employee there, which blows your lie to shit.

Give it up dumb-ass.

Not really. He didn't represent himself as a Bain employee. He represented himself as being the union rep for the 750 steel workers at GST, that Mitt lied to and raped.

558539_493289867357625_2002772827_n.jpg

It's not rocket science.

Dumb ass.

Nope. If you say you are a former employee at a company controlled by Bain Capital that means you're saying you worked for that company.

If he had said he worked at the company that would be different. However he said he was a former employee there, which blows your lie to shit.

No, if you say you work at some company, you could be a contract employee or in this case, a union representative for the 750 people that Romney and Bain lied to and raped. No lie here, except the ones told by Romney and Bain about the workers pension plans.

Give it up dumb-ass.

Not really. He didn't represent himself as a Bain employee. He represented himself as being the union rep for the 750 steel workers at GST, that Mitt lied to and raped.

It's not important what you say, it's what he said that matters.

His claim from the outset was that he worked for GST and he did not. You agree he did not work there. However that doesn't change the original point that he misled everyone when he said he was a former employee.

The problem is you're not bright enough or so inherently dishonest that you can't face up to this simple fact. You can't erase his false claim by nit-picking his statement.

Give it up dumb-ass.

His claim from the outset was that he worked for GST and he did not. You agree he did not work there. However that doesn't change the original point that he misled everyone when he said he was a former employee.

The problem is you're not bright enough or so inherently dishonest that you can't face up to this simple fact. You can't erase his false claim by nit-picking his statement.

Here's what he said, you lying little fuck:

At no time did he claim himself to be an employee at Bain. He clearly represented himself as the union leader of those 750 steel workers that Romney lied to about their pension plans. You know, the pension plans that Bain walked away from, after pocketing $12 million, and having the American taxpayer cover for pennies on the dollar.

At no time did he claim himself to be an employee at Bain. He clearly represented himself as the union leader of those 750 steel workers that Romney lied to about their pension plans. You know, the pension plans that Bain walked away from, after pocketing $12 million, and having the American taxpayer cover for pennies on the dollar.

Give it up before you have a melt-down bitch. :cool:

Brain/Bain dead analogy. If I said I worked at Bolling AFB, and I was a contract employee of Beltway Bandit International, as long as that was where I ripped off the government, it would be a true statement.

No melt down here, you petty little piece of pond scum. I have no problem repeating what Mr. Foster actually said. The fact remains that the real liar was Romney telling those hard working Americans that their pensions were safe, while he raped their company.

Last edited:

No melt down here, you petty little piece of pond scum. I have no problem repeating what Mr. Foster actually said. The fact remains that the real liar was Romney telling those hard working Americans that their pensions were safe, while he raped their company.

In any court of law when someone is caught in a lie it tends to refute the rest of the testimony.

The lie this guy said at the beginning discounts everything else he said. If he's lying about one thing chances are he's lying about other things as well.

So basically his testimony has to be weighed accordingly. Doesn't matter how much you want it to be true once he's caught lying.

I know that bugs you.........
agstickfigures24.gif

Last edited:

Forum List

Back