Ruh roh:Steelworker Featured at DNC Didn’t Work for Bain

shutup.jpg

full-auto-albums-the-dnc-heart-beat-picture4786-2bccc42e0ec3f96a149d3eeb37cb06d1.jpg

Oohpooh: Help me Deanny... I've backed myself into a corner, and I need you to send in some distractions.
2478185400_f9e2d11a29.jpg

Here's his full comments. Where did he lie?

I’m David Foster, and I was a steelworker for 31 years. For 15 years, I laid brick and tapped the furnaces, and did all that hard, dirty work that turned molten metal into the cars and bridges and buildings that make America what it is today.

I also led the steelworkers in the upper Midwest, including GST Steel in Kansas City, a 100-year old company bought by Mitt Romney and his partners at Bain Capital in 1993. It’s a story that I wish didn’t have to be told, but America needs to know the truth.

When Romney and Bain took over the mill, they loaded it up with millions in debt—and within months, they used some of that borrowed money to pay themselves millions. Within a decade, the debt kept growing and was so large the company was forced into bankruptcy.

They fired 750 steelworkers while they pocketed $12 million in profit. A steelworker at GST Steel would have had to work 240 years to make $12 million.

In 2001, with GST bankrupt and Romney still CEO of Bain, I stood in front of hundreds of steelworkers in their 50s and 60s, and retirees in their 70s and 80s, and told them Romney and Bain had broken their promises. Jobs, vacation pay, severance, health insurance and pension benefits that were promised—they were all gone.

Now, some companies succeed; others fail. I know that. But I also know this: We don’t need a president who fires steelworkers or says, “Let Detroit go bankrupt.”

We need the leadership of a man who, during the darkest hours for America’s auto industry, rolled up his sleeves, risked his presidency, and saved over one million good auto jobs. We need Barack Obama.​

David Foster - 2012 Democratic National Convention
A crew leader also leads steelworkers. Again, he did not correct the lie that he worked for GST.

Also, he lied when he said Obama saved the auto industry. Obama saved the UAW -- period.

He didn't lie. Romney penned an op-ed saying that the automakers should go bankrupt. You're just being petty.
Sorry. I forgot "it's not FAAAAIIIR!!" when you tell the truth about liberals.

Romney never said that automakers should go bankrupt and obama didn't save the auto industry. The whole thing is one big lie.

Too stupid to know the difference between "AT" and "FOR" I see. Neither he, nor the DNC claimed he worked for GST, only that he worked at GST, which is a true statement. More importantly, Foster made very clear what his job was.

At.........for........is.......the implication is clear.

Give it up dumb-ass.

Not really. He didn't represent himself as a Bain employee. He represented himself as being the union rep for the 750 steel workers at GST, that Mitt lied to and raped.

558539_493289867357625_2002772827_n.jpg
Unsurprisingly, you're blaming the wrong guy:

Oops!… Obama’s Top Bundler Jonathan Lavine Was In Charge of Bain During GST Steel Layoffs | The Gateway Pundit
The Obama campaign blamed Governor Mitt Romney for the demise of GST Steel company in a video they released in May. The plant closed in 2001. Mitt left Bain in 1999.

For some reason the Obama camp forgot to mention this…
Obama’s top bundler Jonathan Lavine was in charge of Bain during the BST layoffs.
Chuck Slowe reported:

Blaming Governor Romney for any issues surrounding the failure of GST is wrong and it is a blatant lie. Mitt Romney had been long gone when the company started to fail and subsequently closed it doors. When are the President and his campaign hacks going to get the story correct? When are they going to get back to their economy and its dreadful condition? Mr. President, you can run but you cannot hide.

It turns out that Jonathan Lavine, current Obama bundler, was actually in charge, at Bain, during that period, when the layoffs occurred. Oops, that isn’t right, is it? Yes, that story is the one that needs to be reported on. Sorry Mr. President, your lies are just getting to be more than many of us are able to handle.​

One of Obama's buddies shut down GST.

Not really. He didn't represent himself as a Bain employee. He represented himself as being the union rep for the 750 steel workers at GST, that Mitt lied to and raped.

558539_493289867357625_2002772827_n.jpg

It's not important what you say, it's what he said that matters.

His claim from the outset was that he worked for GST and he did not. You agree he did not work there. However that doesn't change the original point that he misled everyone when he said he was a former employee.

The problem is you're not bright enough or so inherently dishonest that you can't face up to this simple fact. You can't erase his false claim by nit-picking his statement.

Here's what he said, you lying little fuck:

I’m David Foster, and I was a steelworker for 31 years. For 15 years, I laid brick and tapped the furnaces, and did all that hard, dirty work that turned molten metal into the cars and bridges and buildings that make America what it is today.

I also led the steelworkers in the upper Midwest, including GST Steel in Kansas City, a 100-year old company bought by Mitt Romney and his partners at Bain Capital in 1993. It’s a story that I wish didn’t have to be told, but America needs to know the truth.

When Romney and Bain took over the mill, they loaded it up with millions in debt—and within months, they used some of that borrowed money to pay themselves millions. Within a decade, the debt kept growing and was so large the company was forced into bankruptcy.

They fired 750 steelworkers while they pocketed $12 million in profit. A steelworker at GST Steel would have had to work 240 years to make $12 million.

In 2001, with GST bankrupt and Romney still CEO of Bain, I stood in front of hundreds of steelworkers in their 50s and 60s, and retirees in their 70s and 80s, and told them Romney and Bain had broken their promises. Jobs, vacation pay, severance, health insurance and pension benefits that were promised—they were all gone.

Now, some companies succeed; others fail. I know that. But I also know this: We don’t need a president who fires steelworkers or says, “Let Detroit go bankrupt.”

We need the leadership of a man who, during the darkest hours for America’s auto industry, rolled up his sleeves, risked his presidency, and saved over one million good auto jobs. We need Barack Obama.​

At no time did he claim himself to be an employee at Bain. He clearly represented himself as the union leader of those 750 steel workers that Romney lied to about their pension plans. You know, the pension plans that Bain walked away from, after pocketing $12 million, and having the American taxpayer cover for pennies on the dollar.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...s-in-charge-of-bain-during-gst-steel-layoffs/

Johnathan Levine, top Obama bundler, did that. Not Romney.

Stop lying.

If Bain had not taken over GST it would have done just fine, it would be going today, right? Is that what democrats really want us to believe?

Oh god, now I know you're just being a fuckin' troll!

Ok, I'm done. This thread's a fail. :D
If someone introduced you as a neurosurgeon, would you correct the mistake? Or would you let the audience believe you were a neurosurgeon?

Brain/Bain dead analogy. If I said I worked at Bolling AFB, and I was a contract employee of Beltway Bandit International, as long as that was where I ripped off the government, it would be a true statement.
Bolling is not comparable to a company. Bolling is comparable to a massive corporation with lots of companies under its banner.

Poor analogy.

Oh, and did I mention this?

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...s-in-charge-of-bain-during-gst-steel-layoffs/

At no time did he claim himself to be an employee at Bain. He clearly represented himself as the union leader of those 750 steel workers that Romney lied to about their pension plans. You know, the pension plans that Bain walked away from, after pocketing $12 million, and having the American taxpayer cover for pennies on the dollar.

Give it up before you have a melt-down bitch. :cool:

No melt down here, you petty little piece of pond scum. I have no problem repeating what Mr. Foster actually said. The fact remains that the real liar was Romney telling those hard working Americans that their pensions were safe, while he raped their company.
Ummm...that was Levine, top Obama bundler, that raped their company.

No melt down here, you petty little piece of pond scum. I have no problem repeating what Mr. Foster actually said. The fact remains that the real liar was Romney telling those hard working Americans that their pensions were safe, while he raped their company.

In any court of law when someone is caught in a lie it tends to refute the rest of the testimony.

The lie this guy said at the beginning discounts everything else he said. If he's lying about one thing chances are he's lying about other things as well.

So basically his testimony has to be weighed accordingly. Doesn't matter how much you want it to be true once he's caught lying.

I know that bugs you.........
agstickfigures24.gif

Except there was no lie. Foster worked at GTI, as a union representative of the 750 steel workers that Romney lied to about their pensions, and we the taxpayer had to cover for pennies on the dollar. Foster never represented himself as working FOR Bain. He was clear about his role, and told the truth.

You're a lying little assmonkey.

Of course, the biggest lie is that Romney had anything to do with it.

A Democrat, Levine, was in charge of Bain at that time.

No, he didn't say it directly he lied like liberals lie by innuendo. Tell me that the word in bold above do not imply he worked for GST steel. Tell me that this is not what the DNC implied.

He didn't lie to anyone. He was quite clear who he was. It was Romney and Bain who lied. Foster had to tell those 750 workers that Mitt lied to them.
Foster lied there. It was Levine, top Democrat bundler, who lied to them.

Democraps do this all the time out of stupidity or being evil.

They ran the TV ad that Romney killed some woman with cancer through his work at Bain, when the facts show he was gone and that woman had insurance that she lost on her own fault.

Democraps will roll anyone out on stage with a lie about the GOP. The GOP should take advantage of this and give them fake people that will eventually blow up in their face.

OH MY GAAAAWD!!!!! One of the three speakers never actually worked for the Bain-controlled company!!! Instead he was merely a union guy who had to inform the soon-to-be fired steel company employees that they were about to lose all of their benefits. The outrage!!! This invalidates the other two speakers' stories about Bain raping their livelihood!!! Look over there. Nothing to see here. Did I mention that I'm outraged? BLAAAARRGH!!!!

Typical mental midget with brain disease.

Here's a thought....companies like Bain should now announce they won't save a steel company since going in and making it more efficient doesn't make liberals happy and won't stop bullshit TV ads run in the next election.

Enjoy the welfare line assholes. Bain Capital will just keep their money in the bank.:eusa_whistle:

OH MY GAAAAWD!!!!! One of the three speakers never actually worked for the Bain-controlled company!!! Instead he was merely a union guy who had to inform the soon-to-be fired steel company employees that they were about to lose all of their benefits. The outrage!!! This invalidates the other two speakers' stories about Bain raping their livelihood!!! Look over there. Nothing to see here. Did I mention that I'm outraged? BLAAAARRGH!!!!

A crew leader also leads steelworkers. Again, he did not correct the lie that he worked for GST.

Also, he lied when he said Obama saved the auto industry. Obama saved the UAW -- period.

He didn't lie. Romney penned an op-ed saying that the automakers should go bankrupt. You're just being petty.
Sorry. I forgot "it's not FAAAAIIIR!!" when you tell the truth about liberals.

But you're not telling the truth. Both GM and Chrysler would have went belly up without the bailout. Even Ford supported it because of the damage it would have to downstream suppliers. You're lying.

Forum List

Back