Ruh Roh...african American Ministers In Chicago Support...the Republican For Gov....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I was listening to 890 am wls today...a group of African American ministers in Chicago have come out and stated that they are going to tell their people to vote for the Republican for governor this time around...they want to try to change things....hmmmm...have they finally decided the party of racism isn't going to help them any time soon...I mean...it has only been since the 1960s that the democrats gave up their in your face racism for the behind the scenes racism...

Good for them...they might actually have a chance at giving their children a future that doesn't involve bad schools and street gangs in these democrat paradises...

'a group.'

That is a pretty undefined therm. Could be 3 guys with a congregation of 10 or a hundred with a congregation of 10000.

IOW, meaningless all around.

African-American Ministers Endorse Bruce Rauner CBS Chicago

Republican Bruce Rauner stopped by MacArthur’s restaurant on the West Side to pick up an endorsement from African-American ministers in his run for governor.
WBBM’s Cisco Cotto reports about two dozen black ministers were on a stage behind Bruce Rauner to offer their support.

Rev. Marshall Hatch says this endorsement is about sending a message to Democrats that the African-American vote can’t be taken for granted.

so... they're going to jeopardize the tax exempt status of their churches by telling people who to vote for?

and a republican talk radio station found people to say something republican on air? no! can't be!

I was listening to 890 am wls today...a group of African American ministers in Chicago have come out and stated that they are going to tell their people to vote for the Republican for governor this time around...they want to try to change things....hmmmm...have they finally decided the party of racism isn't going to help them any time soon...I mean...it has only been since the 1960s that the democrats gave up their in your face racism for the behind the scenes racism...

Good for them...they might actually have a chance at giving their children a future that doesn't involve bad schools and street gangs in these democrat paradises...
And.....?

Interesting, we'll see. There seems to be a little momentum, but it's tough to say if it will amount to anything.

I do think that more American blacks are deciding that they have now been victimized twice in this nation's history, first by slavery and then by those who claim they want to "help".

Fingers crossed. Hopefully both parties will have to earn votes with real ideas rather than with bullshit one day.

and a republican talk radio station found people to say something republican on air? no! can't be!

No, actually, it was the news, not the actual hosts...

I think it is great when any group that tends to vote for one party lets that party know that their votes shouldn't be taken for granted.

I do think that more American blacks are deciding that they have now been victimized twice in this nation's history, first by slavery and then by those who claim they want to "help".

Funny how the same political party was responsible for slavery and now is the party that just wants to help...

so... they're going to jeopardize the tax exempt status of their churches by telling people who to vote for?

Actually, they will only jeopardize their tax status because they came out for a republican...normally they tell their people to vote democrat and it's no problem...now it's a problem...

Funny how the same political party was responsible for slavery and now is the party that just wants to help...

The last time democrats won the white vote was the election before civil rights was passed. It was not a coincidence as that marked the fleeing of racists from the democrat party into the party that tried to uphold segregation; republicans that is.

To be fair, the Democratic Party didn't exist at the time slavery was codified into our Constitution. It is true that during the 1800's the folks that supported slavery were Democrats.

Telling them?

Really?

That's your take on those who advocate for a candidate?

They TELL people who to vote for?

Splains a lot.

As long as they don't do it in the Church, whats the problem?

And democrats have been ignoring black ministers politicizing the pulpit for decades, because it was for them. Lets see what happens when the tables are turned.

The last time democrats won the white vote was the election before civil rights was passed. It was not a coincidence as that marked the fleeing of racists from the democrat party into the party that tried to uphold segregation; republicans that is.

The vote totals show you don't know what you are talking about:\
CRA voting records:

The original House version:[20]

• Democratic Party: 152–96 (61–39%)
  • Republican Party: 138–34 (80–20%)
Cloture in the Senate:[21]

• Democratic Party: 44–23 (66–34%)
  • Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)
The Senate version:[20]

• Democratic Party: 46–21 (69–31%)
  • Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)
The Senate version, voted on by the House:[20]

• Democratic Party: 153–91 (63–37%)
  • Republican Party: 136–35 (80–20%)

Telling them?

Really?

That's your take on those who advocate for a candidate?

They TELL people who to vote for?

Splains a lot.
seriously?
i can tell you who to vote for. doesn't mean you'll listen.
don't be an idiot and try to make something out of nothing.

Forum List

Back