Rubio vs. Athiest

Some people need a higher power to make it through the day. We have laws that protect us from the beliefs of their higher powers, so we don't need to be to worried about it.

People are all the same
Flawed
Majority does not necessarily mean correctness.
It's a very flawed concept.

Sounds like god didn't do a very good job when he was in the creation business....

What he did was give us a choice.
Once we chose our own will vs. His, that is when the trouble started.
We are not robots.

I see. god created us with flaws, tells us that none of us are without sin, and then blames us for sinning.

I had a boss like that once.

You left out the part about being able to be forgiven for those sins if you're sincere in asking.

Bet your boss couldn't do that.

No, we're cool. I forgave him for creating me with flaws.

People are all the same
Flawed

Sounds like god didn't do a very good job when he was in the creation business....

We are not robots.

I see. god created us with flaws, tells us that none of us are without sin, and then blames us for sinning.

You left out the part about being able to be forgiven for those sins if you're sincere in asking.

He didn't. Any flaws you have are because of you. God didn't create junk but since you are, you're the cause.

All anyone has to do is look around, it's impossible all this is some huge accident where everything aligned to perfection. The odds are staggering
Agreed Sassy, there is a whole well ordered universe full of indirect evidence for the existence of a creator; the alternative theory would have one believe that the universe either came into existence spontaneously (no cause and effect) or created itself both of which are illogical conclusions IMHO.

Of course that observation will not deter an atheist from looking down their nose at anyone that believes in the existence of the divine, that's because they are small minded individuals that cannot cope with the deeper questions of existence and must therefore retreat to the safety of easy answers. It also explains why atheists have a tendency to be gub'mint worshipers since it's easy for them to replace God with Government to fill the void.

I've seen and witnessed the power of prayer and it proves the existence of God to me. There is nobody on the planet that could ever convince me differently
That's awesome! Personally I'm convinced that it's up to each individual to find their own spiritual way, what's important is having faith, the divinity will sort out the details of putting you on the right path. ;)

"All faiths are pathways to the divine highway" -- Paramahansa Yogananda, Autobiography of a Yogi

Some people need a higher power to make it through the day. We have laws that protect us from the beliefs of their higher powers, so we don't need to be to worried about it.

People are all the same
Flawed

We are not robots.

He didn't. Any flaws you have are because of you. God didn't create junk but since you are, you're the cause.

You need to argue with Bonzi, not me. She is the one who says that all people are flawed, and, of course all were created by god. But, in her defense, the bible says the same thing.

Me....many times :)

fa40d84192e213cf42cbcf6a7de6dd98.jpg

Is that why he chooses to refuse to reveal his existence?

He's revealed his existence to me several times. Maybe you should ask Him to show you His presence....no guarantee He will of course, and it may be in such a subtle way you'll miss it, like you've missed it in your past.

We are not robots.

Then why do "christians" and other religions chop off part of baby boys' penises?

Because god made a mistake.

People are all the same
Flawed
We are not robots.

You need to argue with Bonzi, not me. She is the one who says that all people are flawed, and, of course all were created by god. But, in her defense, the bible says the same thing.

I addressed YOUR statement.

If a God gave you your rights, a God can take them away.

God is God. He can do whatever he wants. But it is ALWAYS for perfect goodness. He can not do evil nor sin.

Is that why he chooses to refuse to reveal his existence?

He's revealed his existence to me several times. Maybe you should ask Him to show you His presence....no guarantee He will of course, and it may be in such a subtle way you'll miss it, like you've missed it in your past.

Exactly, they want Him to show up and say "Here I am!!!" all the while missing when He shows up and whispers "I am with you"

People are all the same
Flawed

...and I redirected you to the source.....

People are all the same
Flawed

You aren't the source of YOUR statement about claiming you forgave God? Liar. The Bible talks about that, too but it seems you ignore that part.

We are not robots.

Then why do "christians" and other religions chop off part of baby boys' penises?

For reasons that were never explained to me by my parents, I was not circumcised until I was 6 years old. Believe me, god got an earful from me about THAT!

We are not robots.

Because God commanded it.

People are all the same
Flawed

You aren't the source of YOUR statement about claiming you forgave God? Liar. The Bible talks about that, too but it seems you ignore that part.

Well, if that is what you are talking about, yes, I forgave him. But frankly, I don't really trust him to get everything right.

For reasons that were never explained to me by my parents, I was not circumcised until I was 6 years old. Believe me, god got an earful from me about THAT!

Perhaps your parents should have been the target of your ire. They had it done.

People are all the same
Flawed

Well, if that is what you are talking about, yes, I forgave him. But frankly, I don't really trust him to get everything right.

He didn't do anything wrong when he created you. You fucked yourself up and now, like a good little Liberal, want to blame anyone but the person that actually fucked you up, YOU.

Exactly, they want Him to show up and say "Here I am!!!" all the while missing when He shows up and whispers "I am with you"

Here's a couple examples just in the last few weeks. A black thug was following me into a downtown parking garage late in the afternoon and as I prepared myself to encounter him and cut his throat, a parking attendant appeared out of nowhere and the thug veered off. That was God's protection. Another time a few days after that, a girl with a tattooed bruiser smiled at me in a grocery store and I winked at her. He gave me his mad dog stare and came toward me....and went right by....God changed his mind....that's how it works once you understand the signs.

Forum List

Back