Rs now going after Vets money

National Coalition for Homeless Veterans - Background & Statistics

The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) states the nation’s homeless veterans are predominantly male, with roughly five percent being female. The majority of them are single; come from urban areas; and suffer from mental illness, alcohol and/or substance abuse, or co-occurring disorders. About one-third of the adult homeless population are veterans.

America’s homeless veterans have served in World War II, the Korean War, Cold War, Vietnam War, Grenada, Panama, Lebanon, Afghanistan and Iraq (OEF/OIF), and the military’s anti-drug cultivation efforts in South America. Nearly half of homeless veterans served during the Vietnam era. Two-thirds served our country for at least three years, and one-third were stationed in a war zone.

Roughly 56 percent of all homeless veterans are African American or Hispanic, despite only accounting for 12.8 percent and 15.4 percent of the U.S. population respectively.

About 1.5 million other veterans, meanwhile, are considered at risk of homelessness due to poverty, lack of support networks, and dismal living conditions in overcrowded or substandard housing.

How many homeless veterans are there?

Although flawless counts are impossible to come by – the transient nature of homeless populations presents a major difficulty – VA estimates that 107,000 veterans are homeless on any given night. Over the course of a year, approximately twice that many experience homelessness. Only eight percent of the general population can claim veteran status, but nearly one-fifth of the homeless population are veterans.

There was nothing in my service contract about getting money for a home.

oh WAIT

It's called a VA Home Loan.

what was that you were saying about R's taking away Vets money?

first it is not thier money.
second the only party to take away Vets money was the D's.

Shame you can't read except what you want to read.

So you agree with taking this money from the vets.

It's not thier money.

Again

CA is the 8th largest economy in the world. Why don't they pony up the dough? Answer, they don't care and neither do you or you would love and support clinton.

No person who has served tehir country should have to sleep in the streets.

You are one shitty American

A damn shame and disgusting to make such cuts, btw I accidentally thanked and repped somebody who favors these cuts that will hurt our down and out vets that need this help,I did not mean to do such.

you can remove your thanks, if you want.

I did not realize that I could do that.:lol::lol:

there was one poster who tried to remove all his thanks given.

the result was that a mod or admin changed his stats.

to 3.424.349 thanks given. hahahaha

You can insult me all you want.

The right has shown in this thread how much devotion they have to our soldiers

No support for the people who have fought past wars from the right here.

They just put yellow magnets on their cars when its fashionable

Do you know you are calling clinton a shitty American?

cuz when he stole from us, some ended up in the street.

shame you are to fucking dumb to get that through your skull.

TMN is on the downward slide into a veritable explosion of filthy language.

It's inevitable. Once she uses up her talking points, her only refuge is vulgarity.

You can insult me all you want.

The right has shown in this thread how much devotion they have to our soldiers

What are you talking about, there no insult in my post.

TM, you're so full of hate you have become part of the problem. You support near every Bush policy now that the president has a D next to their name. If Boxer said "fuk the vets" and was quoted saying that you wouldn't even have posted because you don't honestly give a shit.

You want conservatives to tell you again that there are a lot of crappy Republicans in office... Yeah well believe it or not most Dems/Reps vote the same on near every "important" issue. You have a hand full of issues like gay marriage that you see a divide but yet with a majority in the house/Senate and a Democrat president they still did nearly nothing for "gay rights."

What I'm trying to tell you here TM, while you want people to condemn Republicans for doing something bad you go full throttle in support for Dems doing the same fucking policy lol.

As someone posted on ere before, did you have a problem when Clinton and the like did the same stuff not so long ago?

Like I posted, do you have an issue with the new war Obama got us into? No, you don't... You don't even view shooting missiles and killing another countries army "an act of war" as long as the president is a Democrat. So plz, keep posting because you inspire "liberals" that read your message to think twice about why they might support the DNC as it means they agree with you and that's an embarrassment to them..

Last edited:

Do you know you are calling clinton a shitty American?

cuz when he stole from us, some ended up in the street.

shame you are to fucking dumb to get that through your skull.

TMN is on the downward slide into a veritable explosion of filthy language.

It's inevitable. Once she uses up her talking points, her only refuge is vulgarity.

I'm trying to get her and Bode to admit that clinton actually stole from Vets in a very direct fashion, and truly screwed them over like no one has before or since.

I can't tell if they don't care, the truth is too much, they are to lazy to check it out or if they both just wanna score points.

There was no promise to help all Vets once service was up. None of us expected it, few wanted it.

Not to worry, I'm sure Boxers Code Pink crew will be in Lybia helping lybian soldiers any day know.

I'm not surprised they are going after vets...they went after teachers already, it was only a matter of time.

I'm starting to think the Republicans won't be happy until the country no longer exists...except for Wall Street, of course.

I'm not surprised they are going after vets...they went after teachers already, it was only a matter of time.

I'm starting to think the Republicans won't be happy until the country no longer exists...except for Wall Street, of course.

Why do you hate Asian people so much?

So you must truly hate clinton for what he did to Vets.

Thanks Ravi, I knew deep, deep

deep

down you were a good person.

Barbara Boxer rips proposed cuts to homeless vets housing : SFGate: Politics Blog

The yellow ribbons on their cars never ment truely supporting our vets.

Some day the right leaning voter will have to face what the right leaders are really about.

No, no, no. You have it all wrong. Those yellow ribbons were in support of the soldiers currently putting their life on the line.. They've gotta fend for themselves when they get back! It's all in the Conservative self-respect handbook! [/sarcasm]

So you must truly hate clinton for what he did to Vets.

Thanks Ravi, I knew deep, deep

deep

down you were a good person.
Is this your SOP? Deflect from the issue at hand by bringing up Clinton...how original.

Forum List

Back