Rs now going after Vets money

No person who has served tehir country should have to sleep in the streets.

You are one shitty American

Do you know you are calling clinton a shitty American?

cuz when he stole from us, some ended up in the street.

shame you are to fucking dumb to get that through your skull.

You said that...would love to read about it.

Barbara Boxer rips proposed cuts to homeless vets housing : SFGate: Politics Blog

The yellow ribbons on their cars never ment truely supporting our vets.

Some day the right leaning voter will have to face what the right leaders are really about.

No, no, no. You have it all wrong. Those yellow ribbons were in support of the soldiers currently putting their life on the line.. They've gotta fend for themselves when they get back! It's all in the Conservative self-respect handbook! [/sarcasm]

They use them up then throw them away.

These people need us for life.

Fighting wars can truely harm a persons mental health.

These righties just dont care about the damage of war.

They use them up then throw them away.

These people need us for life.

Fighting wars can truely harm a persons mental health.

These righties just dont care about the damage of war.

No. They don't need us for life. Our Troops are some of the best, most self sufficient, people on earth. I think it's an insult to our vets to think they can fight in the harshest conditions for our freedom but that they need to be coddled at home.

Homeless vets need us.

You just want to throw them on the trash heap of history after they sacraficed

Post Concussion Syndrome

Post-concussion syndrome is the name given to the 10% of people who have a minor closed head injury and experience a range of symptoms such as mood and anger problems, concentration difficulties, headaches and fatigue that may persist for years, sometimes for life. More often than not these people are treated for the symptoms with little if any efficacy.

Clinton and crew took money from Vets.

Were you pissed then?

They did? Would love to read about it.

Why am I not surprised you don't know about it?

I'll assume you know clinton downsized the military. If you don't know that, I can't help you.

But how did you do it? Every service member is under contract.
First, he was nice and offered an early reitirement plan. It was so bad, we laughed and laughed for days over it. A few did take it, claiming they saw the writing on the walls.

but then he created an illegal rule. If a Vet had been in for so long, but was not a certain rank, they would be kicked out. That's called "Breach of contract", it's a crime. Vets kicked out in this manner lost income. Thus he stole from them.

The "up or out" program was hardly "illegal" for goodness sake. Also please provide evidence that it was President Clinton that changed the retention control points for enlisted personnel.

I thought conservatives were all about personal responsibility? If the servicemember did not advance, how is it anyone's fault but their own? Now, in closed ratings I know it was often difficult to advance, but I know that in my branch of service there were plenty of waivers given out for those in closed ratings.

Some proof of your claims that it was President Clinton that changed the RCPs for the military are in order.

But wait, it gets better.

there weren't enough to do that to and his lust to destroy honorable men and women grew.

So he invented what was lovingly called the "Fat boy program". Weight requirments were to be met. It had Nothing to do with how good you were at your job or what kind of shape you were in. If you didn't meet this new and discriminatory requirement, you were kicked out, and it was still a breach of contract.

Again I must request evidence that President Clinton had anything to do with the weight standards for the military.

But WAIT! There's more!

Each Vet that got fucked over had to pony over half of their discharge pay. See when the military fucks you, you get money, but clinton took 1/2 of that.

Brutal huh? I mean. What kind of people would let something like that go? Surely the ACLU showed up to stop the illegal discrimination? Of course you know they didn't, they didn't give a fuck.

Oh, one more thing. clinton demanded the other half back, claiming you were over paid.

Three cheers time?

Lots of claims, but no proof or evidence to support them. I'm patient, I'll wait...

Homeless vets need us.

You just want to throw them on the trash heap of history after they sacraficed

Most vets aren't homeless.

And no they don't necessarily need us. They need their family and anyone around them to help them to a private shelter.

Doesnt cost us a dime to help others.

So you are just going to pretend these homeless vets dont exsist?

Post Concussion Syndrome

Post-concussion syndrome is the name given to the 10% of people who have a minor closed head injury and experience a range of symptoms such as mood and anger problems, concentration difficulties, headaches and fatigue that may persist for years, sometimes for life. More often than not these people are treated for the symptoms with little if any efficacy.

:clap2:

That explains your stupidity.... yo momma dropped you a few times huh?

Sorry to hear that :doubt:

how cute , that really helps those poor injured vets sleeping on the street

I'm not surprised they are going after vets...they went after teachers already, it was only a matter of time.

I'm starting to think the Republicans won't be happy until the country no longer exists...except for Wall Street, of course.

So you must truly hate clinton for what he did to Vets.

Thanks Ravi, I knew deep, deep

deep

down you were a good person.
Is this your SOP? Deflect from the issue at hand by bringing up Clinton...how original.

Thread is about pols taking money from Vets.
TM is faux pissed that funding is being cut to CA homeless Vets, even though CA, as the 8th largest economy in the world can pony up the money themselves.
Clinton and the dems actually stole money from Vets.

so I thanked you for your faux outrage as well.

Clinton and crew took money from Vets.

Were you pissed then?

They did? Would love to read about it.

Why am I not surprised you don't know about it?

I'll assume you know clinton downsized the military. If you don't know that, I can't help you.

But how did you do it? Every service member is under contract.
First, he was nice and offered an early reitirement plan. It was so bad, we laughed and laughed for days over it. A few did take it, claiming they saw the writing on the walls.

but then he created an illegal rule. If a Vet had been in for so long, but was not a certain rank, they would be kicked out. That's called "Breach of contract", it's a crime. Vets kicked out in this manner lost income. Thus he stole from them.

But wait, it gets better.

there weren't enough to do that to and his lust to destroy honorable men and women grew.

So he invented what was lovingly called the "Fat boy program". Weight requirments were to be met. It had Nothing to do with how good you were at your job or what kind of shape you were in. If you didn't meet this new and discriminatory requirement, you were kicked out, and it was still a breach of contract.

But WAIT! There's more!

Each Vet that got fucked over had to pony over half of their discharge pay. See when the military fucks you, you get money, but clinton took 1/2 of that.

Brutal huh? I mean. What kind of people would let something like that go? Surely the ACLU showed up to stop the illegal discrimination? Of course you know they didn't, they didn't give a fuck.

Oh, one more thing. clinton demanded the other half back, claiming you were over paid.

Three cheers time?

Actually, the concept of closing the military bases came from George HW Bush's Administration but as he had a Dem congress, let's say it was a bi-partisan effort that continued with Clinton nad his years with a GOP controlled House. In other words, no one can factually blame one man or one party.

Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC)

Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC)

And regarding the treatment of the troops being downsized, what Clinton allegedly did seems to be the standard approach.

See pages CRS 5 & 6 in Military Base Closures and Affected Defense
Department Civil Service Employees
from March 7, 2006, which addressed the policies in 2006.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL33297.pdf

Also, I think it's a sham to treat our nations Vets this way.
During the Iraq War many, many troops were diagnosed with PTSD. PTSD is a very serious mental health condition that takes years of therapy. More than likely most of those that are homeless and living in the streets have PTSD. In other words, most of the Vet's going through this got PTSD fighting a war for their country. And now after their sacrifice, we literally through them onto the street?
Before any of you pooh, pooh this terrible bit of legislation, why don't you educate yourselves about PTSD.

The High Cost of Living—With PTSD

http://www.healingveteransptsd.com/article-The High Cost of Living with PTSD.pdf

Iraq Veteran Project---Risk and Protective Factors for
Homelessness among OIF/OEF
Veterans

http://www.nchv.org/docs/Microsoft ...ctors for Homelessness among OIF Veterans.pdf

Or do a Google search and pick your own resource. I see much ignorance on this thread and basically no appreciation for our Vets.

Forum List

Back