Royal family

Why do some Americans believe that the British royal family make laws and generally "rule" over us poor unwashed "subjects" ?

Are they not aware that the queen is just figurehead who rubber stamps anything that is put in front of her ?

I always thought the Royal Family was like pets you enjoy having around

They don’t contribute much, but are nice to dress up and show the public

Also, you need to do a better job washing
We keep them around just for the yanks who find them fascinating.

I am still annoyed I did not receive a wedding invitation
Plenty of time yet. Keep watching out for postie.
Being honest about it, the Royal Weddings, as a genre, are the most mind numbing display of fauning,sycophantic dumb fuckery you have ever seen.
They are shown on tv all day over here starting at sparrows fart where some old tarts will speculate about what the happy couple had for breakfast.

They then cut to idiots who have slept on the streets all night who will speculate on what the dress will look like.

Then some old fucker comes on to inform us what the new princess should be called. probably the Countess of Compton or similar.

Then when the 8 hour nightmare is over the programme finishes and it is the first item on the news. If Isis blew up a dozen British cities on this day it would only make the local news.

As a Republican the whole thing fills me with despair and I wonder if we will ever rid ourselves of these fucking parasites.

Like your self I havent had an invite and I am paying for it.

Still, heres to the happy couple, they seem almost normal compared to the rest of the inbred brit establishment.

The British are subjects nonetheless of a government under which they have no rights. British subjects exist at the pleasure of their masters. That's what happens when you can't even manage to write a constitution like most nations of the civilized world have.

You see this is the dumb voice of the US I was referring to.

The British invented "rights" through Magna Carta. Perhaps you could tell me what you can do in the US that I cant do over here ?

Why do some Americans believe that the British royal family make laws and generally "rule" over us poor unwashed "subjects" ?

Are they not aware that the queen is just figurehead who rubber stamps anything that is put in front of her ?

They know very little about the world in which they live. They get all their info from talk radio and fox news.
Duhmerkants can't even find FL on a map. OK ....maybe if they live there. There's a picture on the license tag.

The British are subjects nonetheless of a government under which they have no rights. British subjects exist at the pleasure of their masters. That's what happens when you can't even manage to write a constitution like most nations of the civilized world have.

The British invented "rights" through Magna Carta. ..

No surprise that a mere ‘subject’ can’t understand the concept.

The British invented "rights" through Magna Carta. ..

No surprise that a mere ‘subject’ can’t understand the concept.
Get yer hair cut you scruffy twat.

I always thought the Royal Family was like pets you enjoy having around

They don’t contribute much, but are nice to dress up and show the public

Also, you need to do a better job washing
We keep them around just for the yanks who find them fascinating.

I am still annoyed I did not receive a wedding invitation
Plenty of time yet. Keep watching out for postie.
Being honest about it, the Royal Weddings, as a genre, are the most mind numbing display of fauning,sycophantic dumb fuckery you have ever seen.
They are shown on tv all day over here starting at sparrows fart where some old tarts will speculate about what the happy couple had for breakfast.

They then cut to idiots who have slept on the streets all night who will speculate on what the dress will look like.

Then some old fucker comes on to inform us what the new princess should be called. probably the Countess of Compton or similar.

Then when the 8 hour nightmare is over the programme finishes and it is the first item on the news. If Isis blew up a dozen British cities on this day it would only make the local news.

As a Republican the whole thing fills me with despair and I wonder if we will ever rid ourselves of these fucking parasites.

Like your self I havent had an invite and I am paying for it.

Still, heres to the happy couple, they seem almost normal compared to the rest of the inbred brit establishment.
I asked the mailman and he thinks they may not have used enough postage

Can you contact them and see if they can send me another?

The British invented "rights" through Magna Carta. Perhaps you could tell me what you can do in the US that I cant do over here ?
Watch real Football

...... Perhaps you could tell me what you can do in the US that I cant do over here ?

You mean other than speak freely, believe freely, adhere to one's faith without keeping it secret, defend one's family, print freely, assemble freely, etc?

UK man arrested for posting anti-Muslim tweets after Brussels attacks

British Police Just Imprisoned A Man For Posting Mean Things About Muslims On Facebook

Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

Preacher locked up for hate crime after quoting the Bible to gay teenager

Watch real Football
There is only one "football" mate. Wrexham play it and God watches us with a smile on his,or her, face.

...... Perhaps you could tell me what you can do in the US that I cant do over here ?

You mean other than speak freely, believe freely, adhere to one's faith without keeping it secret, defend one's family, print freely, assemble freely, etc?

British Police Just Imprisoned A Man For Posting Mean Things About Muslims On Facebook

When your faith,whatever it is, incites hatred then you can fuck off. Although you can believe whatever site you like.

Unless of course you have facts. Ive been sued under UK libel laws and I have a great understanding of how it works. You can pretty much say what you want if it is fact based. You are on dodgy ground if you are just venting.

Let me educate you -

All muslims are terrorists - not fact based and not ok. - a society that permits this type of nonsense is not enjoying freedom.

Islam has a problem with a minority extreme element - fact based and ok. - this society is enjoying a free exchange of ideas and debate.

The examples you quote are unrepresentative.

When your faith,whatever it is, incites hatred then you can fuck off. ....

Of course, because British subjects have no rights. American men and women do. I hope your master's boot tastes good, subject.

Of course, because British subjects have no rights. American men and women do. I hope your master's boot tastes good, subject.
You obviously cherish your right to hate. Its not something that I put a value on.

I have never understood America, Canada or Europe’s fascination with the royal family. I think they are a waste of taxpayer dollars but hey, It’s the Brits that aren’t bright enough to figure it out.

I have never followed them, all I know is Elizabeth is the queen and then one of her kids married lady di, she had an affair, died in a tunnel, she had a couple kids, not sure of their names but one got married or is getting married. The other kid I’m not sure what happened to him.

Brits have no free speech, my son lived there and they think they have free speech however have no idea what free speech even is. The whole idea is strange to me.

I have never understood America, Canada or Europe’s fascination with the royal family. I think they are a waste of taxpayer dollars but hey, It’s the Brits that aren’t bright enough to figure it out.

I have never followed them, all I know is Elizabeth is the queen and then one of her kids married lady di, she had an affair, died in a tunnel, she had a couple kids, not sure of their names but one got married or is getting married. The other kid I’m not sure what happened to him.
Most of Europe has abandoned royalty as kind of silly

They all were a bunch of inbreeds anyway

You obviously cherish your right to hate. Its not something that I put a value on.

How nice for you to be a happy slave.

PHOTOS: Since Standing Rock, 56 Bills Have Been Introduced in 30 States to Restrict Protests

Los of freedom going on here.

TW_Feed-The-Flame-1_LEAD-IMAGE_WEB.jpg

More than three dozen other people were arrested that day. In total, some 800 people were charged with crimes during the 11 months between the establishment of the first protest camp, known as Sacred Stone, and the eviction of Oceti Sakowin.
While several hundred cases have been thrown out for lack of evidence, more than 200 people are still awaiting trial, according to the Water Protecter Legal Collective.
Several face felony charges and years in prison. Williams was not the only journalist arrested: others include Jenni Monet, who was on assignment for Indian Country Today and the Center for Investigative reporting, filmmaker Myron Dewey, and Democracy Now!’s Amy Goodman. (Charges against Dewey and Goodman were dropped.)

Greenpeace and other environmental groups supportive of the Standing Rock Sioux are themselves facing a lawsuit from Energy Transfer Partners, which alleges that the organization engaged in racketeering.

PHOTOS: Since Standing Rock, 56 Bills Have Been Introduced in 30 States to Restrict Protests

Los of freedom going on here.......

Yes, slave, there is.

Forum List

Back