Royal family

Thank you my dear.
Im afraid that I cant share your joy. When I got up yesterday Mrs Tainant informed me that she was watching the wedding and I was welcome to "*@@@ off" out for the duration. I checked to see she hadnt put up any flags and went out for the day.

I went to Attingham Park in Shropshire thinking it would be quiet with everyone watching the wedding.

Au contraire ! It was really busy, full of people escaping the nauseous spectacle.

images

Attingham Park

In fact everywhere I went was busy and I think the "enthusiasm" for the event was quite limited. I saw one flag all day.

Dianas legacy is going to be a problem for us Republicans. Her kids are difficult to dislike and Ms Markle seems to be alarmingly normal. Unlike the inbreds she has married into she has made her own fortune.

I got home around 5 for the FA Cup Final and Mrs T had enjoyed her day immensely. She was very keen to tell me all about it and I was forced to turn up the volume on the TV to drown her out.

Attingham is worth a visit if you are ever in the area.

You missed an interesting dissertation on the importance of fire

American Christian clerics, particularly protestants, have a reputation for not knowing how to edit. Some of these guys can go on for hours. Ever see Joel Osteen? Hagee? they don't know when to shut up.
I was like....OK ...I get it
Fire is GOOD

Best sermon I ever sat through was given by a Jewish rabbi at the bat mitzvah of the daughter of a friend of mine. The rabbi presented an ethical question, reviewed the opinions of all of the Jewish thinkers who were considered great, told the congregation to go home and think about it, and then sat back down; question well presented.

BTW: I have always been a fan of both Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen. I have appreciated that both learned to edit their works. Being wordy doesn't say much; it just bores people. I have been a writer and an editor. I tend to write long in stream of consciousness, and then go back and cut and shorten; figure out what you can cut and drop and still make your point.
tl;dr

And it's a hard, it's a hard, it's a hard rain . . . gonna fall! (chorus to verse 16).
Oh, Bob!

Because you the idiot are UNINFORMED and it's so in your face it's sickening how pathetic you dumbed down asses are.

THEY RUB THEIR WEALTH IN YOUR FACES DUMBASS.........
YOU ARE THE PEASANTS WHO MAKE THEM WEALTHY AND WHOM THEY CONTROL.

Weak minds fall victim to Gov. control and take them on like a mommy or daddy..
Weak minds need to feel safe and secure

GO WATCH HUNGER GAMES dumbass maybe that can turn on a light bulb in your reject brain.

I kind of remember something back when Princess Diana married Prince Charles that Princess Diana was not noble enough, despite being part of an aristocratic family. Am I confusing her with someone else?

Have too many precedents been set that that doesn't matter anymore?

I kind of remember something back when Princess Diana married Prince Charles that Princess Diana was not noble enough, despite being part of an aristocratic family. Am I confusing her with someone else?

They are now allowed to divorce without the world coming to an end

They are now allowed to divorce without the world coming to an end

All the King's mistresses and all the King's men.

Henry VIII got around all of this by annulments and beheadings, deaths under guard and childbirth complications, while sleeping with anyone he pleased. And remember Jane, the Nine Day's Queen. The block is still there at the Tower. The British monarchy is interesting, but it is of medieval origin and people apparently need tradition., which we in the U.S. don't have here. These things have their origins in the fantasies that stem from the Middle Ages and are available to speakers of the English language. Most of us have no access of stories from other cultures and come down in other languages and traditions.

Most people don't have the history of someone from another culture, like Omar Khayyam.

Henry VIII got around all of this by annulments and beheadings, deaths under guard and childbirth complications, while sleeping with anyone he pleased.
A lot of monarchies have dealt with the problem of illegitimate children, but in most cases they have not been accepted as legitimate heirs.

She was establishment.

Henry VIII got around all of this by annulments and beheadings, deaths under guard and childbirth complications, while sleeping with anyone he pleased.
A lot of monarchies have dealt with the problem of illegitimate children, but in most cases they have not been accepted as legitimate heirs.

Aren’t you just splitting heirs at this point?

Why do some Americans believe that the British royal family make laws and generally "rule" over us poor unwashed "subjects" ?

Are they not aware that the queen is just figurehead who rubber stamps anything that is put in front of her ?
Technically, the queen still retains the authority to disband parliament, although it might cause a bit of an uproar. She also maintains the right to wage war or declare peace, so she's not entirely a figurehead.

Forum List

Back